New Skill Effects - Darkwood Raise Spectre, Darkwood Carrion Golem, Darkwood Volatile Dead and Divine Void Sphere

The people that design MTX are not the same as those that work on game mechanics and bug fixing.

Complaining about new MTX, arguing they should fix bugs instead, is like complaining that the cook in a restaurant is not fixing the broken ventilation system in the kitchen.

AFAIK MTX creation is to some extend outsourced to third party contractors, where as bug fixing is done in-house by specific GGG Devs.
How about fixing the Heist league? Or making it work at all? If i cant play the game, i will never buy the MTX, no matter how pretty they are.

In fact, i supported GGG heavily for a long time, but when GGG stopped caring about its players - i stopped supporting GGG.

Fix your shit first, then sell crap.
"
TOP_Commander wrote:
The people that design MTX are not the same as those that work on game mechanics and bug fixing.

Complaining about new MTX, arguing they should fix bugs instead, is like complaining that the cook in a restaurant is not fixing the broken ventilation system in the kitchen.

AFAIK MTX creation is to some extend outsourced to third party contractors, where as bug fixing is done in-house by specific GGG Devs.

MB its time they outsource the game design as well? Seems that in-house development no longer viable
I see it differently.

- We are in the middle of a pandemic and the government in NZ and other places in the world is dynamically changing restrictions in order to protect it's citizens. This means social distancing and working from home where possible. Game-Studios are obviously not "mission critical" for society to function, where as food production is.

- GGG is simultaneously working on POE 2, and dynamically allocating man-power as required I believe.

- GGG is a relatively small team when compared with other Studios, yet it operates one of the leading Isometric Real-Time ARPG's on the market, and all of that while being entirely free to play

- Chris Wilson (co-founder and Managing Director) has stated repeatedly that he wont run GGG like a company that works its employees into the ground. Instead, they embrace work-life balance as good as possible, and actually GGG employees often put in extra time simply because they are happy and enjoy working there. This is why we see patches on Saturdays sometimes on top of the regular work week.

- GGG must prioritize certain bugs that are more "mission-critical" than others. This is why some bugs get fixed faster than others.

- Some bugs require much more analysis of the root-cause than others, so naturally it takes longer to fix than other bugs. Sometimes fixes aren't as straight forward as it seems. Sometimes fixing bugs in code or the graphics API etc takes a lot of time and sometimes its very fast.

- Rolling out single bug-fixes is not a good practice, and ideally you want to "bundle" bug fixes with other fixes that are being worked on by different individuals, and then roll out all in a package, which is what GGG is doing.

- Some bugs are actually not POE's fault but rather GPU driver specific or Operating System specific and Nvidia/AMD/OS fixes need to be rolled out by those manufacturers instead.
Last edited by TOP_Commander on Oct 5, 2020, 9:43:24 AM
Why is the explosion on the VD orange ? That really needs to be fixed.
Hope there will be an armour set too with this theme :3
Where is my fireball and flame wall new MTX
"
TOP_Commander wrote:

People are not complaining to the cook nor do they ask him to fix the ventilation system.
People complain to the owner of the restaurant,or in GGG's case the manager,and ask him to hire less cooks and more repairmen because noone can eat a meal while the place falls apart.
"
DarkenX wrote:
Love the MTX, hate the haters.

Keep up the good work, GGG! I may not buy any of it, but I love seeing what you guys/girls/etc. come up with!

Checked your Account. You do not even play this league and talk about the good work of the Team? This League is awful:
- plenty of bugs
- massive performance issues
- content just not being available
- really bad design choices
- lackluster New Gems

What else to say...

And here they are releasing constantly new MTX....
Why's the explosion orange when the rest of the skill is green? Swing and miss here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info