[3.13] Ethereal Knives Inquisitor #1 Heist level 100 Inquisitor

Hello!

This is the build I used to level to 100 in Heist league and managed to get #1 Inquisitor with.

This is a clearspeed focussed build and thats where it shines, but thanks to the new Pinpoint support it does decently well vs bosses aswell. I have done Awakener 8 with it, on a pretty low budget, but it's by no means great for bossing.

Video Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CisIIlnSdgY

Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/7kcbAKJV Updated for 3.14

Recommended Uniques
Spoiler

Inpulsa is great for the explosions, pretty much a must-have for the build to make it feel good. Hrimsorrow is needed for the conversion from phys to cold to reach 100% elemental conversion. Call of the Brotherhood converts some of the lightning damage from the phys to lightning skill gem to cold, which makes it easier to freeze bosses and scale cold damage. Crown of the Inward Eye is just a very solid item that gives a lot of damage and survivability.

If you can afford a Bottled Faith, that is a huge damage boost, aswell as a Watcher's Eye with flat crit from Hatred.

Rare Items
Spoiler

You want to get some + level to physical or dexterity skill gems on your weapon, shield or neck, aswell as some generic damage scalings stats for spells and crit. Other than that just get life and resists and a little bit of ES because we do get free ES regen from our ascendancy so might aswell put it to use.

Gem Links
Spoiler
You have some flexibility in the EK links, Physical to lightning can be replaced if you have other sources of conversion, such as Vessel of Vinktar or Watcher's Eye. You can also replace Pierce Support if you get the Voidwalker boots, or anoint Piercing Shots. If you choose to do so I would recommend putting in Faster Projectiles for better clear, or Hypothermia for more damage. I always switch Pierce for Hypothermia on bosses like Sirus, Conquerors or Guardians.

You can use Herald of Purity instead of Ice for more dps, or even a Herald of Thunder with a curse on hit setup if you prefer.

I self-cast Sniper's Mark on bosses for a big damage boost, but you could also go for curse on hit gloves/ring or the herald setup.

Vitality is not really necessary if you're struggling with mana, I mostly use it to get leech from my Watcher's Eye with the mod "Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality".

I use Anomalous EK over the regular one to gain 2 more projectiles, the regular version gives projectile speed which is also nice because projectile speed also makes the proj go longer not just faster. I chose to go Anomalous and get the EK helm enchant that gives projectile speed instead to make up for the speed lost on the quality.

Passive Tree

Leveling

For leveling this build I recommend using Arc, BV, or Crackling Lance, I put some leveling setups in the PoB. Switch to EK in early maps or Blood Aqueducts, but I would suggest atleast having a 5L and Hrimsorrows before going EK. Use elemental overload during leveling then switch to crit after getting Merciless Lab.

For Ascendancy points go for Sanctuary and Pious Path first, then Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgement.

Pantheon

Use Soul of the Brine King for mapping, and Soul of Solaris for bossing.
For the minor ones, Soul of Tukohama is pretty nice because you are standing still quite abit sometimes, Soul of Shakari is also a good choice.
Last edited by Frost666 on Apr 15, 2021, 7:56:27 AM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2021, 1:22:00 PM
just starting the league this may be my league start i got lucky by getting few crrency drops got 1 ex so far should be ok for start this build out
"
Dizzy12 wrote:
just starting the league this may be my league start i got lucky by getting few crrency drops got 1 ex so far should be ok for start this build out
Definately a good choice for league start, and very doable on a budget, with a 5L inpulsa. Cutting pierce support and anointing Piercing shots you're looking at a very affordable build!
I've been looking for a new build to switch my Inquisitor to and after doing some research and fiddling around in PoB, this build is GREAT. I'll be swapping to this ASAP! I'm having a few issues getting the damage in, as well as the tankiness, but hopefully everything works out.

Great build Frost666, keep up the great work.
Last edited by Zallo on Oct 4, 2020, 9:02:48 PM
Can i use the flame wall with this build?
Is there an alternative to Inpulsa? Perhaps a rare chest piece or something of the sort? It seems to be a very expensive chestpiece.
Last edited by Kyslior on Oct 4, 2020, 10:36:10 PM
"
Zallo wrote:
I've been looking for a new build to switch my Inquisitor to and after doing some research and fiddling around in PoB, this build is GREAT. I'll be swapping to this ASAP! I'm having a few issues getting the damage in, as well as the tankiness, but hopefully everything works out.

Great build Frost666, keep up the great work.
Thanks alot! GL and let me know if you have any questions.
"
Is there an alternative to Inpulsa? Perhaps a rare chest piece or something of the sort? It seems to be a very expensive chestpiece.
Using a 5 link inpulsa works too if you can't afford a 6L, just cut Pierce support and get either Voidwalker boots, or anoint Piercing Shots to get pierce instead. You can also use a rare crusader chest with explosion mod but thats probably even more expensive. Using a "regular" rare 6L chest with no explosion mod will work aswell, you can rely on just the Herald of Ice explosions for clear but its not ideal.
"
TheLordShiva wrote:
Can i use the flame wall with this build?
We don't really scale any fire damage on this build, so it doesnt synergize very well with flame wall unfortunately. It does technically work though, i just dont think it will do enough damage to be worth including, but you can try if you really enjoy the skill!
Alright, I guess I do have a question. Where does this build shine?
I enjoy mapping, bossing, heist (kind of), but what is the optimal gameplay for this build? I'm currently trying to make currency and have an okay setup, still lacking damage and defensives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info