[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

"
buttcommander wrote:
"
Astarift wrote:
"
buttcommander wrote:
Does linking barrage support to frenzy help trigger bladefall/blade blast more often?

It does not, it is also pretty useless because of how barrage support works fundamentally

Can you explain a little? I remember using barrage support with volatile dead spellslinger, whats the difference? thanks

Barrage support locks you in an animation, of you "barraging" the projectile out, which is a sequence of attacks. This one sequence of attack is considered one swing, which only triggers poet's pen once. This does not affect a vd spellslinger build because by default, spellslinger(0.43cd) has a slow trigger rate compared to poet pen(0.15cd). even with 7 attacks/second, spell slinger still triggers once every 0.43, however poet pen can trigger close to 7 seconds(dont wanna go indepth with the math but thats the idea)

So, by adding barrage support, you reduce the frequency of poet pen's trigger, you lock yourself in the weird barrage support animation, you dont get to use good support gems(onslaught, power charge on crit, faster attacks).

Fundamentally a poet pen build is very different compared to a pure spellslinger build.
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
I would assume following a classic self-cast BF/B build (such as Zizs poison guide) then transition into PP would be okay?
Last edited by AyoJawn on Dec 25, 2020, 6:54:15 PM
"
I would assume following a classic self-cast BF/B build (such as Zizs poison guide) then transition into PP would be okay?

That is ideal, because poet pen might not be available early on
My Builds/Stream

I still dont get why there is two spellslinger setup (bladefall with blind), can you enlighten me on that?

Edit: Nvm I just realized my mana is just too low to even cast the 2nd spellslinger without deactivating precision
Last edited by xaviawoofles on Dec 29, 2020, 3:31:24 AM
Ir 3.13 is really a "Boss" league this build is going to shine :)
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Ir 3.13 is really a "Boss" league this build is going to shine :)
Tell me how would it shine even more i'm a bit lost on that part as we still haven't found out the nerfs and balances yet.
"
BabyTempest wrote:
Tell me how would it shine even more i'm a bit lost on that part as we still haven't found out the nerfs and balances yet.

This build is fantastic for boss killing.
So unless it gets some serious nerfing it will perform really well in 3.13.
As long as poison stacking duration doesnt get nerfed heavily, the boss killing potential will still be pretty high
My Builds/Stream

"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
BabyTempest wrote:

About those serious nerfings...
"
Dolphin_ wrote:
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
BabyTempest wrote:

About those serious nerfings...

Movement speed nerf, poison damage nerf(poison duration mod remain unchanged), survivability slightly changed(still immune to crit damage, more surviability against multiple rare/units no more 8% reduced damage taken near one unique mob), better elusive effect, but lose some attack speed(doesnt matter because spell slinger has a decently high cd compared to coc)

Overall good and well deserved nerf, but not enough to destroy the build because the main stat(stacking poison duration) remained unchanged
My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info