Sigil of Power now has an internal cooldown on stage generation, taking 2.5s to fully charge

I'm about 99.4% certain this was not the case on league release, but was stealth changed or accidentally broken in one of the weekend patches or hotfixes.
It's also not listed anywhere in the skill description or in the skill reveal news post.

Basically, Sigil of Power cannot gain the third or fourth stage until some time has passed since the previous stage was gained, regardless of how much mana is spent inside the circle. The second stage apparently can be gained right after casting the Sigil, but the third and fourth stage require an additional (very approximately) 1.2 seconds each to pass before they can be gained.

Thus, going from cast to a stage 4 Sigil of Power will require about 2.5 seconds, and this cannot be reduced by casting a high-cost spell to reach the maximum stage faster.

This is very easy to verify using a lvl 1 Sigil of Power and Tempest Shield (for a generic non-channeling fast casting spell) linked to Archmage to increase the mana cost.
Last edited by twitticles on Sep 27, 2020, 7:49:36 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2020, 11:32:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
twitticles wrote:
I'm about 99.4% certain this was not the case on league release, but was stealth changed or accidentally broken in one of the weekend patches or hotfixes.
It's also not listed anywhere in the skill description or in the skill reveal news post.

Basically, Sigil of Power cannot gain the third or fourth stage until some time has passed since the previous stage was gained, regardless of how much mana is spent inside the circle. The second stage apparently can be gained right after casting the Sigil, but the third and fourth stage require an additional (very approximately) 1.2 seconds each to pass before they can be gained.

Thus, going from cast to a stage 4 Sigil of Power will require about 2.5 seconds, and this cannot be reduced by casting a high-cost spell to reach the maximum stage faster.

This is very easy to verify using a lvl 1 Sigil of Power and Tempest Shield (for a generic non-channeling fast casting spell) linked to Archmage to increase the mana cost.

Thanks for your report, I'll pass this along.
any update on this bug? Please fix!!!
damn, I was wondering why sigil of power took longer to charge up even tho my mana cost AND cast speed was higher as my character progressed this league :S

even stopped using sigil because of it hmm
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your report, I'll pass this along.

It's been over two months and this issue hasn't been added to the known issues list nor fixed.
Sigil of Power intentionally has a minimum time of 1 second between gaining stages. This is supposed to display on the gem, but this display didn't work at release. It has since been fixed internally, but I don't know when that fix will make it to the live realm if it hasn't already.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Sigil of Power intentionally has a minimum time of 1 second between gaining stages. This is supposed to display on the gem, but this display didn't work at release. It has since been fixed internally, but I don't know when that fix will make it to the live realm if it hasn't already.

Thanks for the reply but this is not consistent with in-game behaviour. While I'm loathe to make the skill even worse there is no one-second delay between the cast of the spell and gaining the second stage. I've tested down to ~0.4s total cast time for Sigil of Power + a Tempest Shield with sufficient mana cost to cause a stage gain, and the second stage will invariably be gained with the first Tempest Shield cast immediately after Sigil of Power.
The base case of the skill is stage 1 - there is no "0 stages" case for this skill. The first stage isn't ever gained, the skill just inherently always has it. Gaining a second stage is the first time it actually gains a stage and thus that is when the minimum time between gaining stages starts to apply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info