[3.12] Blazing Slavo Totems! Hierophant 10M+ DPS SHAPER, Cheap to Start

Welcome all totem believers and connoisseurs to Blazing Slavo Totems. I am currently playing this build in softcore heist and while the early leveling could improve by the time you hit blood aqueducts you just start moving and melting boss's if not sooner if you got the currency to spend. I just killed shaper and I dont see the dps slowing down anytime soon. This is my first guide so I'm sorry if I didn't cover something ill try and update as much as possible.
(Updated 10/4/2020)
Added high end gear and passive tree in pob. cheaper route still there.

Path Of Building
Spoiler
Path of Building is a tool that lets you fully plan characters from scratch, check out other peoples setups or import your own character to check DPS & defenses or compare potential upgrades.
‣ https://pastebin.com/HDhNH6DH
‣ You will need the Path of Building Community Fork
‣ Ascendancy order: Pursuit of Faith > Ritual of Awakening > Conviction of Power > Divine Guidance

About This Build
Pros/Cons

+ Can do every map mod
+ Can do all boss's
+ New and Enjoyable
+ Good for party play
+- Average Survivability can take multiple hits without worry but can improve
- Clearing can feel like poop sometimes depends how the projectiles fire out.
- Not everyone likes the totem playstyle

Main Mechanic and how damage is calculated

Damage in path of building is now shown correctly. just take the tooltip dps and times it by the number of totems

Now how i personally like to play totem builds, is to give me some more buttons to press to feel like I am not just afk. We have a total of 6 totems up, 2 wave of conviction totems, and 4 blazing slavo totems. While self casting fire wall and flammability. Our main defense will be Mind of Matter and steelskin.

This Build has endless scaling potential if you really just want to go glass cannon you can push upward of 9+m.

Soul mantle, two kikazaru's, rain of splinters, and self-flagellation.
For rain of splinters you want to go for the lowest reduced totem damage
For Self-Flagellation the higher the better.
You do not have to corrupt the rain of splinters.
Dying Sun Flask is not mandatory its just a big dps boost if you can get one.

Weapon

You are going to want a Rare staff.
Mods you are going to want to look for are
+ to fire or spell skill gems
Adds fire damage to spells
Spell damage or Fire damage
Crit strike chance for spells
Global Crit strike multi
Cast Speed
Alternatively you can use the unique staff Matyr of Innocence If you dont want to craft or buy a rare already crafted. Matyr of innocence is pretty cheap staff if you want to go more pricey end you can look at the sceptre and shield variant in pob

Amulet/Anoint

You are not looking for anything specific here but for the anoint I recommend Heart of Flame or True strike. Heart Of Flame > True Strike (True Strike oil's are cheaper)

Helmet and others

If you can afford a helmet with blazing slavo fires an addition projectile I highly recommend but you don't need it. Just look to round out your resistances

Expensive Gear

Gem Links

Main Skill 6-link
Blazing Slavo, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Faster Casting,Fire Penetration
(For 5-link I dump fire pen) (6-link or 5-link without soul mantle replace Fire Pen with spell totem)(Also if you want to go for straight boss killing and loose some clear speed swap faster casting with increased crit strike support.)( you can opt out of using faster casting to get more dps but faster casting helps a lot with clear)

5-link Self Cast
flammability, flame wall, spell cascade. arcane surge,increased duration

4-link
Wave of Conviction, Combustion,Multiple totems support, Spell totem support

3-link CWDT
Cast when damage taken, SteelSkin, Increased Duration

Aura
Herald of Ash

Left click
Phase Run ( you dont have to level this gem if you dont want to)

Videos

Shaper Sorry about the 2 deaths I cant dodge ill get a clean run soon.

Leveling tips
I will update soon to give a proper way to level, at the moment I recommend leveling with holy flame totem and fire wall. once you reach around late of act 3 early act 4 you should be able to switch into blazing slavo on a 4 link if you dont have a tabula.

MISC
This build is still in test phases there is alot of stuff i still want to try like cluster jewels but this is so far what I found works the best.

If you can get a dying sun flask dont be hesitant to replace a life flask.

Path of building now has more expensive route in it.

Last edited by Blue2sue on Oct 4, 2020, 10:55:27 PM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2021, 5:18:33 AM
Did they fix the aoe gems/nodes affecting Blazing Salvo yet? I see you using Conc effect but if you notice when you remove the gem your damage doesn't change(unless this was hotfixed?) It was projectile nodes and aoe nodes before but they fixed the projectile portion and last I tested before switching aoe still didn't work.
"
HylianSage wrote:
Did they fix the aoe gems/nodes affecting Blazing Salvo yet? I see you using Conc effect but if you notice when you remove the gem your damage doesn't change(unless this was hotfixed?) It was projectile nodes and aoe nodes before but they fixed the projectile portion and last I tested before switching aoe still didn't work.
Yeah I forgot exactly when it got fixed but when I saw it in patch notes I started this build.
Nice, I'm doing salvo totems right now but not the self-curse version yet (will switch eventually) and 2 nice things I'm testing:

1) hextouch with flammability and power charge on crit
2) sire of shards for clear -> weapon switch for boss DPS

The sire of shards AOE on my totems with the unique jewel extra projectiles is giving enough AOE to do legions comfortably for example.

I was running power siphon for hextouch earlier when I was still using wands so I need to think about a replacement for that now that I'm going to be using staves.
"
idiotloser wrote:
Nice, I'm doing salvo totems right now but not the self-curse version yet (will switch eventually) and 2 nice things I'm testing:

1) hextouch with flammability and power charge on crit
2) sire of shards for clear -> weapon switch for boss DPS

The sire of shards AOE on my totems with the unique jewel extra projectiles is giving enough AOE to do legions comfortably for example.

I was running power siphon for hextouch earlier when I was still using wands so I need to think about a replacement for that now that I'm going to be using staves.
To me the clear isn't too bad, but the sire of shards is interesting but if it isn't like a crazy improvement I dont think I would invest in getting one unless it drops for me. I tried to get power charge to work for me but just couldn't get the same damage output. I think it could work with if you do go wand/sceptre and shaper shield for plus one totem but id have to repath the tree around pretty drastically I believe.
Hey,

couple of remarks

Biggest problem on this setup might be your low mana. You will be out of mana on the first bigger hit with MoM, your mana regen is less than the cost of a single totem cast so you can't even cast totems.

To help with clear, add multiple totems instead of fire pen to Blazing Salvo

Martyr of Innocence should be better than your staff while being MUCH cheapper https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Martyr_of_Innocence and it adds more defense with that block

Try to get Blazing Salvo lv21 with alternative quality for faster projectiles, helps a lot with clearing and lv 21 gets you the additional projectile (so you dont need the +2 skill gems from your staff)

Go with Alira instead of 2 passives for crit, all three bonuses are great for the build

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gloomfang is great for clear, too
"
raggapaul wrote:
Hey,

couple of remarks

Biggest problem on this setup might be your low mana. You will be out of mana on the first bigger hit with MoM, your mana regen is less than the cost of a single totem cast so you can't even cast totems.

To help with clear, add multiple totems instead of fire pen to Blazing Salvo

Martyr of Innocence should be better than your staff while being MUCH cheapper https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Martyr_of_Innocence and it adds more defense with that block

Try to get Blazing Salvo lv21 with alternative quality for faster projectiles, helps a lot with clearing and lv 21 gets you the additional projectile (so you dont need the +2 skill gems from your staff)

Go with Alira instead of 2 passives for crit, all three bonuses are great for the build

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gloomfang is great for clear, too

I dont mind the clear speed as it is currently and I think that has to do with faster casting.
I just recently upgraded my staff but I do agree maytr of innocence is a better staff then the one I had equipped as said in the guide you can use it.
I am currently leveling an alternative quality blazing slavo to try that out.

With the mana I can cast my totems 6 times before i run out. Im currently running two hybrid's to refresh the mana if i do take a big hit or want to spam more totems for more curses.

Mana regen being less than totem cost doesn't mean we cant cast a totem you just have to be smart with how you place them and when to spam to stack curses.

Regarding the bandits I think alira is a good option. I prefer two extra skill points for endgame because I feel like I can take more use out of it considering the crit multi and ele resist can be targeted elsewhere so we would just gain mana regen. Which if that is whats holding you back drops some dps nodes for some mana nodes cause we can afford to loose a little damage.
Last edited by Blue2sue on Sep 26, 2020, 5:58:08 AM
What I am saying is that with MoM and your current life to mana ratio, you will have zero mana after a bigger hit or multiple hits. Especially in dense areas this will be a problem as you won't be able to recast your totems or worst case, can't even use a movement skill. MoM only makes sense, when you have a certain life to mana ratio.
"
raggapaul wrote:
What I am saying is that with MoM and your current life to mana ratio, you will have zero mana after a bigger hit or multiple hits. Especially in dense areas this will be a problem as you won't be able to recast your totems or worst case, can't even use a movement skill. MoM only makes sense, when you have a certain life to mana ratio.

I took your advice and made changes accordingly can you take a look at it now and let me know if i will still need alot more mana?
Highly recommend shaped wand
+1 fire gems
Fire damage
Spell damage
Elemental damage as extra chaos.
Or consuming dirk will work. Poison procs...
Shaper shield +1 totem fire or spell or both and resistance.
Then you don't have to yolo for a 21 blazing.
End game I would go empower 4 over faster cast.
Can do a +3 fire gem staff their cheap this minute 10 chaos or so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info