Pinpoint Support

Years ago I theorized a gem which reduced projectile count but provided more damage (like Conc. Effect but for projectiles). I realized then that EK would be a problem if the damage penalty didn't scale with the number of projectiles being fired. Did they realize at the last minute that this was a 90% more multiplier for EK and pulled the plug?
Quod efficax non stultum
Pinpoint support does not add any damage to my freezing pulse...

This is kind of bricking my character and needs to see a hotfix asap :/
Just another post saying that I don't know if this support is working because it doesn't do anything to the tooltip.
Found this thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469140/page/1#p21808469

Could anyone from GGG please confirm if it's the same for Pinpoint Support?

I mean, is it just the tooltip that is broken, or am I playing a completely useless support gem?

Also, is it really that hard to fix tooltip? It's not some next level calculations, it literally says how many intensify stacks you have, and just gives "more" damage per stack.

People are commenting on the same issue for the whole league in this thread and I don't see a single reply from GGG... Please tell us what's going on with Pinpoint.
"
mogrim_hs wrote:
Found this thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469140/page/1#p21808469

Could anyone from GGG please confirm if it's the same for Pinpoint Support?

I mean, is it just the tooltip that is broken, or am I playing a completely useless support gem?

Also, is it really that hard to fix tooltip? It's not some next level calculations, it literally says how many intensify stacks you have, and just gives "more" damage per stack.

People are commenting on the same issue for the whole league in this thread and I don't see a single reply from GGG... Please tell us what's going on with Pinpoint.

It is literally just a ramped version of concentrated effect and yet we still need POB to show its effects instead of GGG making a tooltip change. It's a 1+ years old support gem and expected it would be fixed by now.

As of patch 3.16 it still is not reflected in tooltip and best advise would still be to use current version of community fork POB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ozteq1/does_pinpoint_support_work_with_freezing_pulse/
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
When you take the +1 intensify mastery and don't have any source of additional projectiles you will shoot ZERO projectiles at 4 stacks. This is clearly not a bug and is intended based on the wording but it is very poorly thought out in my opinion. Unleash has a similar mastery on the same wheel that provides similar power yet it has no "additional investment or you whole build breaks" conditions attached. Having to invest in additional proj is not even an option for my build so this mastery serves no purpose for my build, even though I am using pinpoint. If it just added a line that said projectiles fired cannot be less than 1, it would be a huge improvement.
Last edited by justgivemeafuckingaccou on Apr 2, 2024, 7:35:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info