Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
"
kaprot wrote:
Spoiler
Hi WoD, many many thanks for all the effort you put in designing, testing, and writing these guides.

Even if Heist is near its end, I’d like to improve my build because I’m still trying to kill Sirus for the first time!!! This time the Zombie Lady wasn’t my league starter, so I’ve 10-15 Exalt to spend.
I’ve already read the “My dream mods” section, but I can’t figure out which mod is more important than others.
Could you put me in the right direction?
Hey kaprot!

Thanks for your kind words! I really appreciate it :).

The most important mods for this build are Maximum life and Resists. Make sure those are great. After that, everything is bonus. Of course, adding +1 to your zombie count is amazing (helmet and gloves). You can spend some of those exalts on Influenced gear too. There are some nice Minion mods (not many) that can help. (Even adding an extra curse.) An Elder Influenced Helmet can essentially 6-link your zombies within a 4-link, letting you add more defence to the build.

But honestly, with a minion build like this, you just want to stay alive. You minions will live through everything and kill everything too. So just make sure you can stay alive as you move around and cast Signal Prey.

I hope that helps?

Hi Wod, I don't want to go too far from your build, but I'm dying too often to be able to kill Sirus.
My resistances are almost capped (I just miss 27% chaos res to reach 75% in all of them) and my life is around 5500.
Given that the more the better, how much life, at least, should I aim for?
Do you have time to take a look at my gear and suggest some improvements?

I've been using this build and having a ton of fun in the current league. I'm really excited for the upcoming mayhem and endless delve events. I don't plan on going much past level 50 since I can only play an hour or so a day. All I really care about is getting the twilight box. If I can get to 60 or above, great, if not oh well.
I'm pretty sure this build will level me fast enough to accomplish this.

Thank you for the fun and easy to play build I was looking for as a new poe player. :)
"
kaprot wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wod, I don't want to go too far from your build, but I'm dying too often to be able to kill Sirus.
My resistances are almost capped (I just miss 27% chaos res to reach 75% in all of them) and my life is around 5500.
Hey kaprot!

I took a look at your setup and nothing seems to be out of place. Gems, tree, gear...it all looks great! I mean, there's always stuff to improve but the improvements you make won't be the difference-maker here. Some of your stuff is better than mine for sure! I think what it may be is simply play-style; maybe the build's playstyle doesn't suit you? I found that going slow and only watching the ground I'm on (and basically ignoring Signal Prey until boss time) was the big game-changer for me. I stopped watching my minion numbers, I stopped caring about anything except for where I was standing and it made a world of difference.

If you don't think that's the issue, you could always replace the 4-link that has the curse and Purifying Flame to something like: Shield Charge-Fortify Support-Hextouch Support-Curse. That way you'd get Fortify while also staying close to enemies for the sake of Flesh and Stone. But you'd lose 6% life regen and some Dodge chance.

Also, don't worry about getting 75% Chaos resist unless you want it. Chaos resist scales differently than elemental resists. 0% Chaos resist is the same "power" as 75% elemental resist (though Chaos resist can be improved beyond 0. So don't make that too big of a focus.

Hopefully that helps some.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Zuuule wrote:
Spoiler
I've been using this build and having a ton of fun in the current league. I'm really excited for the upcoming mayhem and endless delve events. I don't plan on going much past level 50 since I can only play an hour or so a day. All I really care about is getting the twilight box. If I can get to 60 or above, great, if not oh well.
I'm pretty sure this build will level me fast enough to accomplish this.

Thank you for the fun and easy to play build I was looking for as a new poe player. :)
Awesome Zuuule!

I'm glad you're having fun with the build! No matter how good a build is, it needs to be fun first. I'm glad it suits you.

Ya, this build will be no problem for the coming leagues. Zombies suck at first but there's always SRS or Skeletons to make up for them until the zombies don't need to be raised often.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement :). Good luck with your Mystery Box!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"

Nice to see you! All feedback is welcome! Yet, at the same time, never feel obligated to say anything ;).

I'm glad you liked the zombie build and found that it kept you going through the game.

The coming events are short. Well, two are. So you want something that you'll like for the time you'll put into each week. My Zombie build is really stable but it takes a few acts to be able to depend on the zombies. It isn't the fastest playstyle but it's rock-solid all the way through. But without SRS to help with levelling, it's slow.

AW is really good but it's highly dependant on the Ascendancy nodes for damage and clear speed. Profane Bloom is our AoE and it may not be the first node you go for when you ascend (though it is a great first choice). AW is the busiest of my builds as the minions are duration minions (and you got to keep them up).

RF is the most consistent of the bunch in terms of AoE. But, RF takes time to be ready. It's easy to level as the Witch with all of her spells, but you won't be running RF for most of the campaign.

So it all depends on how much time you have to put into each league. They all have a balanced list of pros and cons.

I hope that helps?

Thanks again for your kind encouragement :).

[/span]

@Wrecker_of_days

Thanks for your answer. Since I'm slow, I'm probably not gonna go beyond level 50-60 in any of the events, so I guess I'll see what comes my way early on and then end up with zombies again. XD
Last edited by Elocara on Dec 2, 2020, 2:41:37 PM
"
"
kaprot wrote:
Spoiler
Hey kaprot!

I took a look at your setup and nothing seems to be out of place. Gems, tree, gear...it all looks great! I mean, there's always stuff to improve but the improvements you make won't be the difference-maker here. Some of your stuff is better than mine for sure! I think what it may be is simply play-style; maybe the build's playstyle doesn't suit you? I found that going slow and only watching the ground I'm on (and basically ignoring Signal Prey until boss time) was the big game-changer for me. I stopped watching my minion numbers, I stopped caring about anything except for where I was standing and it made a world of difference.

If you don't think that's the issue, you could always replace the 4-link that has the curse and Purifying Flame to something like: Shield Charge-Fortify Support-Hextouch Support-Curse. That way you'd get Fortify while also staying close to enemies for the sake of Flesh and Stone. But you'd lose 6% life regen and some Dodge chance.

Also, don't worry about getting 75% Chaos resist unless you want it. Chaos resist scales differently than elemental resists. 0% Chaos resist is the same "power" as 75% elemental resist (though Chaos resist can be improved beyond 0. So don't make that too big of a focus.

Hopefully that helps some.

Hi Wod,

Thanks for your answer. I'll try to follow your playstyle and see if it's better for me.
"
Elocara wrote:
Spoiler
@Wrecker_of_days

Thanks for your answer. Since I'm slow, I'm probably not gonna go beyond level 50-60 in any of the events, so I guess I'll see what comes my way early on and then end up with zombies again. XD
I'm slow too Elocara :). Good luck with the event! I'm looking forward to them though I don't have time set aside for them yet. Good luck!

"
kaprot wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wod,

Thanks for your answer. I'll try to follow your playstyle and see if it's better for me.
Cool. Hopefully it helps kaprot. I find a lot of the time it's my habitual playstyle that kills me more than my lack of gear and such. I also forget the danger of map mods...all the time. So that's a killer for me too ;).

Annnnnd

As much as I love ordering my minions around with Predator Support, I find myself not using it as often as I could or should. Perhaps if I played PC instead of PS4 it would be different...but that is a topic for another day.

That being said, I replaced PS with Summon Phantasm Support. It "seems like" a dps gain, but at the cost of some control.

My question is now regarding the Melee Physucal Damage Support in the 6L since the Phantasms deal Physical Projectile damage and not melee. Should I leave it alone or is there a better support which will boost the overall damage?

To a lesser degree, the same question with regards to Fortify Support. Since the Phantasms are temporary, would it be better to have a different gem instead? Hmmmm....for that matter, would Skeletons be better now than Zombies? Oy vey. My head hurts ><

Help (lol)
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Dec 3, 2020, 8:01:38 PM
Wrecker I love your builds! I haven't played in a while and was bored at the hotel and saw your new updated zombie build, so since i have a free respec I loaded it up and even without the curse skill group, i literally just walked through act 6 without hitting any buttons except my potions. And the only time I used those is when fighting the bosses or a strong unique. The screen would just melt with my zombies & spectres thanks to the unique wand(cant remember the name atm) that gives +2 to gems and spell echo. Screen was literally filled with lightning from the 3 spectres. I could barely see what was on the screen half of the time, it was beautiful...lol

I've never been one to find playing piano flasks enjoyable...just stresses me out. Quick question, have you thought about trying an HoA build? I would think with cyclone or similar it could be an easy one button build as well to keep the crawler up.

Anyways, again you are awesome! God Bless!!
Last edited by KenCaud on Dec 3, 2020, 7:13:49 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
As much as I love ordering my minions around with Predator Support, I find myself not using it as often as I could or should. Perhaps if I played PC instead of PS4 it would be different...but that is a topic for another day.

That being said, I replaced PS with Summon Phantasm Support. It "seems like" a dps gain, but at the cost of some control.

My question is now regarding the Melee Physucal Damage Support in the 6L since the Phantasms deal Physical Projectile damage and not melee. Should I leave it alone or is there a better support which will boost the overall damage?

To a lesser degree, the same question with regards to Fortify Support. Since the Phantasms are temporary, would it be better to have a different gem instead? Hmmmm....for that matter, would Skeletons be better now than Zombies? Oy vey. My head hurts ><

Help (lol)
I agree dlvbrown1969! I don't use Predator Support as often as I should either. It's more peaceful playing with something else ;). I love Summon Phantasms as well, but as you pointed out, it's tricky trying to support both melee and projectiles within the same link. You're basically back to Minion Damage, Predator Support, Brutality, them Maim or Meat Shield. Just watch your zombie survivability. The more damage they do the more they leech. Obviously Phantasms take away from Zombie (but not build) damage. I love Phantasms though. 100%.

Adding Skeletons as your 6th socket on the zombie link is perfect as well. You could replace Predator Support with Skeletons and keep all the same supports (and use Vaal skeletons too!

Heck, you could do all three ;).

FUN!

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 4, 2020, 1:48:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info