Stress-Free PoE! ANIMATED POISON (AW): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
Spoiler
I'm finding that as I reach red maps, the AW's begin to vaporize.

Even with minion life modifiers and having a level 19 AW gem, I cannot get them to survive long enough for me to replenish.

Furthermore, the style of using the curse auras plants me near the center of packs of monsters and the blades aren't able to clear fast enough to prevent me from taking massive damage.

I have my gems set exactly as you have laid out, but I don't understand how the build translates to Red tier maps+ very well.
Hey IntegratedFrost!

AW has really low base life. Even with life invested into minions, AW's base life is still pretty weak. There are a million ways to play AW though. Now, some map mods/enemy mods (like hard-hitting AoEs) will hurt low-life minions for sure. So make sure you're paying attention to your map mods. If you look at any of my recent videos, including the example video, you'll see that, like any build, some maps are harder than others...or at least not as well suited for whichever build.

The aura's AoE's are pretty big, they don't cover the whole screen but they are pretty big. But unless you're playing a crazy tanky build, which this one isn't, moving is your best defence. You don't have to move lots. But don't stay still. Enfeeble and Temporal Chains don't mitigate everything so you as you get experienced with recognizing each enemy and map mod combos things get easier.

But if you're not liking the playstyle of the build, which not every build is for everyone, don't push it. Find something you like. This build has the damage, but if the playstyle isn't your thing, that's ok.

Remember that you can use other methods to summon blades too, like Cyclone, Cast While Channeling, AW...it lowers the damage but keeps you at max AW's more often.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Spoiler
"
Guru1619 wrote:
Spoiler

Heh, yea, it's definitely a fun build and an interesting idea for poison minions. I just missed the Skele's to be honest hehe.

To be honest though, I think your Zombie build is still stronger/smoother/easier(as in less button pushing and such) long term than this just due to it's inherent strength and defensive capabilities compared to this build.

Think Zombies would be the way to go League Start and then possibly try this out after getting some gear/currency to spend on this one may be a way to go long term.

Not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere and I just somehow completely missed or glossed over it, but any particular reason for not going Necromancer for this? I'd think the minion damage would make up for the chaos damage and from what i have seen, there's plenty of ways to get that extra curse now.
Cool Guru1619!

I appreciate the post! The Zombie build is much more 1-Button for sure. The Zombie build's defence is pretty circumstantial actually, but because of the power of Bone Armour, you really can't see it. It's only Glancing Blows (mostly with Attacks) and Bone Armour. That's how strong Bone Armour is.

The reason I didn't go Necro with this build was 2-part: 1) Anytime I'm Necro, I HAVE to have Bone Armour. It's just so good (and instant). So to have a build that required lots of summoning would make Bone Armour + AW a definite two-button build. 2) I REALLY like the curse effectiveness of the Occultist.

I really wanted to do a build with green minion gems but I really can't stand the gameplay of Herald of Agony (personally).

I appreciate the honest post. Feel free to ask whatever you like.

:D Ah cool, have managed to catch you playing both AW and Zombies on your twitch and it definitely seemed like AW was just struggling to stay alive compared to when you played Zombies, where you could just face roll it for the most part heh. So was curious if that's just the difference of Necro vs Occult. Which you answered next as being a Bone Armor thing.

Yea, to be honest, I have tried HoAg and i really dont care for it either. Even when playing a poison bow build, just couldn't stand it.

Honestly this build really remind me of a Mine build in the way it plays. BF/EK = throwing mines, AW = Detonating mines. Then basically just kind of run around just out of range of mobs while your mines explode/AW's kill everything.

Skele version reminds me more of a Trap play style as they aren't a '2-step' process to get going, so it's a bit more forgiving/beginner friendly in my opinion. Just Skele/Trap Toss and go.
"
Guru1619 wrote:
Spoiler
:D Ah cool, have managed to catch you playing both AW and Zombies on your twitch and it definitely seemed like AW was just struggling to stay alive compared to when you played Zombies, where you could just face roll it for the most part heh. So was curious if that's just the difference of Necro vs Occult. Which you answered next as being a Bone Armor thing.

Yea, to be honest, I have tried HoAg and i really dont care for it either. Even when playing a poison bow build, just couldn't stand it.

Honestly this build really remind me of a Mine build in the way it plays. BF/EK = throwing mines, AW = Detonating mines. Then basically just kind of run around just out of range of mobs while your mines explode/AW's kill everything.

Skele version reminds me more of a Trap play style as they aren't a '2-step' process to get going, so it's a bit more forgiving/beginner friendly in my opinion. Just Skele/Trap Toss and go.
Ha! Ya, Guru1619, I've had a couple of rough sessions. One thing that is hard for me when swapping builds night in, night out, is to change my playstyle. The AW version requires much slower/careful movement and more self casting. What I think I'm going to start doing is play a build a week maybe. Then I'll get some solid sessions in I think. But, not to contradict what you said, yes, the Zombie character has more defence.

Ya! Accurate comparisons for sure!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
man i miss the old builds..The duelist with blocking damage was my fave
"
Spoiler
Me too GamerNerdRage81!

Me too. That build didn't do enough endgame damage though. It kind of "required" a 6 link to take down the A8 bosses. Its defence was amazing though. There's a Champion I have that uses Dominating Blow. Would that interest you? I can share the PoB with you if you like.

Annnnnd

"
Spoiler
"
Guru1619 wrote:
Spoiler

Ha! Ya, Guru1619, I've had a couple of rough sessions. One thing that is hard for me when swapping builds night in, night out, is to change my playstyle. The AW version requires much slower/careful movement and more self casting. What I think I'm going to start doing is play a build a week maybe. Then I'll get some solid sessions in I think. But, not to contradict what you said, yes, the Zombie character has more defence.

Ah, that sounds like it would be good, still allow enough time playing it in one go to actually get into the build a little more I think and also help with keeping one build burn out for playing it for too long.

:D

"
Spoiler
"
Guru1619 wrote:
Spoiler

Ah, that sounds like it would be good, still allow enough time playing it in one go to actually get into the build a little more I think and also help with keeping one build burn out for playing it for too long.

:D

"
"
Spoiler
Me too GamerNerdRage81!

Me too. That build didn't do enough endgame damage though. It kind of "required" a 6 link to take down the A8 bosses. Its defence was amazing though. There's a Champion I have that uses Dominating Blow. Would that interest you? I can share the PoB with you if you like.

Is it a stress free 1-2 button build no pianoing skills or flasks cause if so i would love it!
Spoiler
"
Me too GamerNerdRage81!

Is it a stress free 1-2 button build no pianoing skills or flasks cause if so i would love it!
Ya GamerNerdRage81 it totally is.

I also play the "1-button" style for medical reasons as well so I'm forced into that corner anyway. Here's the Community PoB Pastebin for it: https://pastebin.com/Mc36sSNJ. I don't know if I'd change anything if I was to make it a guide, but keep in mind that I haven't scoured the build as if it was going to be a guide. I love the build though, so feel free to give me some feedback on it. If I ever feel like I have the time for 4 guides again, this build is going guide.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Nov 5, 2020, 1:48:39 PM
"
Spoiler
"
Me too GamerNerdRage81!

Ya GamerNerdRage81 it totally is.

I also play the "1-button" style for medical reasons as well so I'm forced into that corner anyway. Here's the Community PoB Pastebin for it: https://pastebin.com/Mc36sSNJ. I don't know if I'd change anything if I was to make it a guide, but keep in mind that I haven't scoured the build as if it was going to be a guide. I love the build though, so feel free to give me some feedback on it. If I ever feel like I have the time for 4 guides again, this build is going guide.

Gonna hit this build up on SSF league and will give feedback!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info