[3.19] 🌋Velyna's Hollow Palm Ground Slam 🌋 | Slayer | Easy Leaguestart | Tanky Boi

"
LOLME01 wrote:
Hey, could you help me a little with the build? I will post my PoB because i keep getting one shotted at t14+ bosses all the time and i have no idea what i've done wrong. I play in standard if that matters. https://pastebin.com/pUgBStaV

Edit: I think the problem is my life leech is very slow, but i dont know why..

Changing helm to starkonja's and replacing the one ring without life would be a ~250hp increase. Ideally you want to get rid of that rare chest for a wildwrap, losing 200hp but gaining like 25% more damage. A life/dex split personality is a big upgrade also.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Oct 22, 2020, 7:16:36 PM
So i recently fully switched from lacerate build. Previously i had problems with killing bosses, but map clear was good.
And yesterday i killed Elder, Shaper and Sirus A8 with this build.
Elder and Shaper were faceroll without knowing any tactic and i even forgot to turn on auras. All Conquerors of the atlas i kill +/- before their first cast.
All bosses except few with different fazes i kill not even knowing where they are.
Map clear is good, dash-kill-dash. Of course i die time to time, but mostly because i faceroll and not always playing smart.

Heist are good too, i switched Blood Rage to Second wind for dash, and all suffixes on flasks to movement speed, also i am using phasing flask. Also Vaal Ground Slam is amazing in heists.
Delve is the same as heists.

Also, the idea that i demolish everything with "my bare hands" and not even with gloves on is funny)

Great build, going to play more, i'll try to min max rings and in search of a better helmet with at least one resist, but for now i have 9.7 mil dps, 4.9k life and all resist before charges are ~80%.

Velyna, i have another question. How to roll +10%dex on Brutal Restraint?
Also, am i right in my plans to buy Awakened Multistrike Support as my first Awakened gem? It sure costs like two other combined, but looking at PoB it gives the most DPS among 3 awakened gems. Or should i buy Watcher's Eye with 2 additional hits first?

Last edited by Rexawl on Oct 23, 2020, 5:56:31 AM
"
Rexawl wrote:
Velyna, i have another question. How to roll +10%dex on Brutal Restraint?
Also, am i right in my plans to buy Awakened Multistrike Support as my first Awakened gem? It sure costs like two other combined, but looking at PoB it gives the most DPS among 3 awakened gems. Or should i buy Watcher's Eye with 2 additional hits first?

- just hit the brutal restraint with divines and check after every one, theres no trick or anything

- i would probably buy awakened melee phys, it gives us intimidate so you can turn that off in the calcs then turn the gem off to see how much total it gives us.
How would this fare with minor gear adjustments and using a Facebreaker variant instead of OWN? Just curious.
Was already levelling up a Duelist with HP. This was going to be some version of an Impale/Champion/Steel skills character. Then I saw this guide and just continued using Hollow Palm.

Some thoughts/questions:
* Got to maps at level 63, doing red maps soon after
* This bonks map bosses or Izaro really hard
* Feels a bit squishy until you put some points inte life (which I completely ignored when respec-ing)
* I snatched a 4R 1G 1B Wildwrap for 2ex. Using it with Conc Effect as suggested and it works nicely
* Getting res-capped is a bit of a pain but totally doable
* There's 1 point invested in Life and Mana Leech which is really easy to miss when looking at the PoB. If you're wondering about Mana issues, check that.
* The guide uses the "Non-channeling skills have -9 to total mana cost" craft but it's not in the PoB. Is it necessary in your opinion? Could replace it with +Life then.
* Awakened gems are kind of expensive right now (Awakened Melee Phys costs like 10ex). I think that's more expensive than the rest of my gear together.

This is fun to play! Not the fastest mapper so far but feels nice to just stomp on map bosses. Thank you for the guide Velyna.
This is a ton of fun to play, thank you for the build.
Live Free or Die Trying!
"
Rexawl wrote:

Great build, going to play more, i'll try to min max rings and in search of a better helmet with at least one resist, but for now i have 9.7 mil dps, 4.9k life and all resist before charges are ~80%.

So i switched from this build to another. Build was great, DPS was good, map clear is good (although movement is average).

The reason I decided to change the build was because of the poor survivability. Firstly, even though I had all the resists at 75+ (except for chaos), the price for them was high, you need to get these resists wherever possible and this greatly narrowed the possibilities for purchasing new things. As far as chaos resists are concerned...it is very difficult and expensive.
Secondly, collecting DEX was also quite problematic, because there were no opportunities for the Harvest crafting league so you have to rely on trade or be good crafter, although I had a DEX of 1400+ and had enough dps.

In the third, the development of the build stopped after a certain moment, I kept buying a little better than the previous one rings for a week, because besides rings, only awakened gems could add something to my build, and they are very expensive (again, dps was more then enough).

But, returning to the first reason - the build suffers from one-shots, especially elemental ones. An unnoticed fireball, a running lightning man, syndicate ambush, or something else in a row, and you're dead. And if you are not dead, then you still have a fraction of health and you will be finished off by the feather that fell on your shoulder. This is especially noticeable in heists.

Don't get me wrong, the build is great and the idea of ​​playing unarmed is great, but for juiced cards the build is not very suitable. Perhaps Velyna succeeded because of the Harvest League, or she simply has more experience and capabilities, but without crafting it's hard to upgrade this build.
I earned 100 exes with it, which was a good stepping stone to the next build and I'm grateful for that.
Last edited by Rexawl on Nov 2, 2020, 7:50:35 PM
"
Rexawl wrote:
the build suffers from one-shots, especially elemental ones. An unnoticed fireball, a running lightning man, syndicate ambush, or something else in a row, and you're dead.

You can get quite a bit more life by dropping some DPS on the right side of tree, I didn't need to in harvest but probably would if I played this in heist. Helps a lot with the oneshots.
Following the guide but dont see what quality all gems and what level gems should be. That would be nice to include with the guide
I absolutely love this build in my ssfhc playthrough best i've come across so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info