Mythgard Card Game

Since Garr0t's thread is too old and I can't bump it, I am making a new one.

Mythgard's first expansion — Rings of Immortality — is planned to be released on September 18th. Unfortunately it's the same day as Heist league start, but perhaps someone would be interested... also, you can't play Heist on your phone [yet], teehee! Mythgard is available both on mobile and PC (Steam and browser, but the latter lacks some features due to its browser nature).

Trailer

I don't expect positive responses from forum veterans in this thread, but I hope that someone like me, who just lurks here, will find it a fun game worth trying. (:

In case you ask about the free to play aspect, I currently have most of the cards I need when I copy decks and I am a very casual player. My f2p friend for whom Mythgard is their main game has the entire collection (the beta was extended though). The beginnings are a bit rough, but if you do Faction Quests, you get Mythic Wild Cards and can make a few decent decks with them. If you try the game and have questions, people on Discord will happily answer them.

This week is also the last to get a beta cardback, if you're into exclusives. The game is good and it's still new, so it might be the best time to join if you're looking for a fresh CCG. Also, they have PvE for human-haters, 2v2 mode for people who have friends (AI can be your friend too), and in-game tournaments. And puzzle, some of which were submitted by players ♡
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Last edited by Iangyratu on Jan 26, 2021, 10:27:37 AM
Last bumped on May 14, 2021, 3:15:12 PM
I play Mythgard on my tablet now and then. Superior CCG. Excellent art. Really love the cyberpunk/Asgardian aesthetic. Surprisingly engaging, minimalist story (so far). Didn't know the game had Blizzard North/D2 ties. Explains a lot.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
For some reason I didn't expect you to play it, but I wondered whether you'd like the blue faction. The art is great, even though I prefer more dark and realistic styles in games (?not sure if there's a name for it).

This is one of my favourite pieces (Scion of Pride or Angel of Pride by Peter Mohrbacher):
"

Spoiler
As an admirer of nearly everything red and gothic I also couldn't become indifferent to this one (Blood Dolls by Maerel Hibadita):

Fun fact:
"
language barriers in commission dialogue led to the pretty girls in Blood Dolls holding a LITERAL cheesecake instead of being in "a cheesecake style" but we just sort of ran with it and now Strigoi blood desserts are a thing

Mythgard CEO worked on Diablo II, I think he had something to do with Stone of Jordan and that Perfect Gem in chat... You can also see David Brevik and other related people's names in the game ('Special Thanks' section in the in-game credits)! I think most of Rhinos worked together on other titles, I remember that when I googled them out of curiosity, a lot of Marvel Heroes or Hellgate:London names popped up.

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
I delight in my gaming unpredictability. I'm also casually playing the Yokotaro-made gacha game SinoAlice, which is about as gothic as it gets. Lots of creepy marionettes and chattering demons and a Little Red Riding Hood who just wants to slaughter wolves and curl up in their entrails...delightful stuff.

I haven't played enough Mythgard to really have a faction preference but I do recall the red cards had some wicked summons. I'll have to get back to it.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Heh. Glad you're enjoying it!
I'm just not a CCG guy, otherwise I'd play more.
Love the setting, lore and art.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Thanks. Same here, I think, but when I see there's something to collect, I can't stop myself from trying, so now I MUST have all the cards. I only played a few PvE games in the new expansion (PoE...), but they seemed fun. I like the new Path and Power.

Funny thing, I think I saw your name somewhere in my dream today (probably some kind of an in-game chat or you were supposed to help when I was in danger...).

By the way, the story didn't actually appeal to me. I really liked its art style though.

I don't want to find this thread archived next time I want to post here, so I'll just say the game still exists and its second expansion is expected early next year. Knowing my luck, it will be the same day as next league launch in PoE.

Kara Mourningwives by Mingchen Shen

I love art-progress gifs.

Mythgard's second expansion, Winter War, is live.

If you happen to try the game, remember to grab a code for free packs.

Mythgard is giving away it's core set of cards for free!

Join their Discord to get the first code for the Blue set. They will be dropping additional codes in various media over the coming days.
For those that don't want to join Discord
DISCORDNORDEN (case sensitive)

Codes can be claimed after creating a profile at mythgardgame.com. Game clients are available for PC, Android, Apple, and browser.

Following along will provide codes for all the core cards, which for me is generally the biggest barrier to CCGs. That being said. Their progression/reward system and dust/craft costs are much more favourable than some other CCGs out there.

The lore is really cool. The lane concept, mana burn, and powers are an interesting take.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Feb 18, 2021, 8:08:10 PM
The problem is that many bad mechanics in popular card games have made people both expect bad mechanics in other card games but also made them cynical about the balance of card games in general. My point being there have been plenty of very cleverly designed card games that solved the issues of MTG and Hearthstone while maintaining a similiar spirit but for whatever reason people don't have those superior card games a fair chance.

I'm looking at the steamcharts for this game and it's currently at less than 100. I don't want to invest time and money into a card game with less than 500 players going at consistently all day erry day.

Not being an ass about it but I went all in for a game called Krosmaga - which you've probably never heard of right? It is my favorite card game ever. Or it was. It just never had enough players. These games have to have players not just brilliant mechanics.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 19, 2021, 2:01:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info