GGG, DONT NERF MINIONS

So i dont know if you want to nerf mistress of sacrifice, bone offering, glancing blows combinations or vd related ascendancy notables, and honestly i dont care much, but i dare you to touch following things:

- raise zombies are FINE, actually they are useless for first 3-4 acts, then they can be some meat shields, and only in high end if you build around them, they can do some good damage, but they still are having problems with survivability: they die on t16 maps with high elemental damage mobs and bosses even with capped resistances, and only if you scale many gem levels (26+), use expensive cluster jewels, awakened gems and obligatory empower 4 lvl they will do decent damage and they will more or less live. still they can die on sirus a8 even with 26 level gem. Dont even think about touching the gem, its completely FINE.

- raise spectres are FINE, there is only one type of spectre that has absurd survivability and damage - redemption sentry, it can be nerfed, but dont even think to nerf the gem itself because almost ALL other DPS spectres in this game are nearly UNPLAYABLE. Havent you seen anyone playing solar guards or some classic spectres? NO, because they SUCK, their damage is very low. You need to BUFF all classic spectres! Also, redemption sentries spectres builds use necromantic aegis + min power-frenzy charges shield + clasters with crit for minions = you can nerf that combinations, but the gem itself is FINE.

- commander of darkness is fine. if you nerf this, it will be more problematic to get minions resistances (only +25% are obtainable from passives, which makes it 65% total, its NOT ENOUGH and will force specialized ascendancy to look for that resistances on other things like crafting them on rings or finding abyss jewels etc, this is ridiculus for necromancer as a class)

- bone barrier was nerfed before, bone armour doesnt stack with guard skills, so notable gives 10% phys reduction, 20% recovery rate, and 20% more minions life, which is borderline useless. what you want to nerf here???

- mindless agression is useless already, nothing to nerf there.

- unnatural strength is a key thing in ascendancy if we talk about minions, nerf that and the class will be borderling useless.

i am fu***ng frustrated because of some ONE or TWO broken builds ALL necromancer players should be suffering. im not talking that some builds like dancing duo and soulwrest phantasms were killed during boss and mobs buff in 3.9.

DO NOT NERF MINIONS AND MINIONS RELATED ASCENDANCY NOTABLES IM TELLING YOU THIS WOULD BE HUGE MISTAKE
Last edited by angelobiancofaithpride on Sep 8, 2020, 3:45:28 AM
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2020, 10:00:00 AM
I hope they nerf the hell out of minions even though i don't play minions and I don't care. My build got nerf so they should nerf yours as well!!!
Hopefully they will absolutely demolish all minion builds except for holy relic ( big buff).

Thank you!
All my less then 6 exa A8 kills are from necromancers (Spiders and Animated Weapons) and I believe ARP did a video beating U.Elder with 5L SRS.

At this point with cluster jewels minions are so broken you could probably beat A8 with less then 1 exa using impale and Spectral Spirits. Heck if I recall correctly the VERY first Sirus kill (when everything was still broken and hard) was done with Solars Guards in a helm.

These are just the budget options, if you jump on ninja or the forum and spend 20 exa or more things get crazier.

- - -

I like minions but if they don't get nerfed I will keep on playing them as my A8 farmer because its so effective and cheap. So far it looks like minions got a buff from the new replica chest pc we'll see what happens.
Last edited by magicdownunder on Sep 8, 2020, 4:23:23 AM
Minions can do what other builds can. I have seen tons of build that oneshot Sirus. So I don't get why nerf minions
"
All my less then 6 exa A8 kills are from necromancers (Spiders and Animated Weapons) and I believe ARP did a video beating U.Elder with 5L SRS.

At this point with cluster jewels minions are so broken you could probably beat A8 with less then 1 exa using impale and Spectral Spirits. Heck if I recall correctly the VERY first Sirus kill (when everything was still broken and hard) was done with Solars Guards in a helm.

These are just the budget options, if you jump on ninja or the forum and spend 20 exa or more things get crazier.

- - -

I like minions but if they don't get nerfed I will keep on playing them as my A8 farmer because its so effective and cheap. So far it looks like minions got a buff from the new replica chest pc we'll see what happens.

1) 5L uber elder? need to see the build more closely. got pob? there are other build in the game that can do uber elder on 5 links. not talking about min-maxed build, that can do it on 5l to show off

2) i havent checked spectral spirits, so i havent post anything about them. if they can do a8 by themselves they should be nerfed, ok.

3) need to see the pob, need to see that helm, if it is something like +3 7-8 link elder bone helmet, its not budget shit at all that can cost dozens of exals (in this league it costs 20ex+). solar guards have terrible dps and require gem swapping for bosses. you can check solar guards dps by using them in pob.

4) cluster jewels are cluster jewels, they cant justify nerfing necromancer ascendancy or minions gems. some cluster jewels that are used to abuse critical strike multiplier of minions in combination with necromantic aegis should be nerfed.

i havent seen any meaningful arguments why minions or necromancer ascendancy should be nerfed.
Last edited by angelobiancofaithpride on Sep 8, 2020, 8:10:32 AM
VD / DD is definitely op but im not seeing why minions (skeletons, zombies, spectres) would be considered the same. They are in a pretty damn good place right now.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
not talking about vd because its another thing, i will repeat what i see that CAN be nerfed:

1) glancing blows + mistress of sacrifice + bone offering combo
2) necromantic aegis + min power charge shield + vicious bite stacking
3) redemption sentry spectre

thats it, im not seeing any more room for nerfs.

but knowing developers they can nerf the shit out of everything containing "minion" tag with napalm, and many gems can get spirit offering treatment that completely destroys the skill or anything else. this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.
Last edited by angelobiancofaithpride on Sep 8, 2020, 8:22:57 AM
"
not talking about vd because its another thing, i will repeat what i see that CAN be nerfed:

1) glancing blows + mistress of sacrifice + bone offering combo
2) necromantic aegis + min power charge shield + vicious bite stacking
3) redemption sentry spectre

thats it, im not seeing any more room for nerfs.

I don't agree.
Even if there's an abuse of jewels and necromantic aegis, the solution is not to kill the build. Finally there's a potential build for summoner. It's years I would like to play the summoner and I always have skipped her because of the lack of damage that every summoner build has (compared to most build) in terms of damage, speed and so on.
Secondly when minions are dead, you are dead too. All spectres should have the life of redemption sentry. how can survive in lich at delve 800+?
After that don't forget almost every build is crit base, why minions would not be able to crit as well?
I think if these minions are too powerful for a league start (but I still believe that they aren't stronger than other builds) the best solution is to nerf these power charges and frenzy charges in the shield and maybe nerf clusters, but keeping legacy the old ones, so that in standard we can have fun with this build and in league you have solved your problem

The first awakener kill with solarguards should be on reddit I don't know what helm he was using sorry. ARP = Angry roleplayer his 5l U.elder kill with SRS is on this forum.

Other >6L builds include Spiders and Animated Weapon just needs skin of the loyal which is priced in chaos (HoA and Stone/Carrion Golem can do the same on a low budget with necromancer.) I recommend running WaffleT set-up since it can turn the game into a joke with ANY melee minion (its also cheap as chips since its all uniques).

Why minions should be nerfed is because they can do all content way too easily in terms for both budget and skills. Its still my goto build for the past few leagues since I can do it for cheap and just focus on hamster lapping everything to death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info