Existing owners of Kingdoms of Amalur on steam can get a 60% discount on the remaster.

https://twinfinite.net/2020/09/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-getting-60-off-steam-discount-for-current-owners/

URL sort of speaks for itself. If you have bought this game at some point on steam, you can get a shinier, better balanced, more difficult version tomorrow for quite a hefty discount.

I'm just sitting here waiting to hear the doorbell heralding the arrival of my ps4 Collector's Edition (Alyn Shir titties ahoy), and just thought I'd share. KoA sat firmly in Skyrim's shadow when it came out, was plagued with behind-the-scenes drama, and was essentially something of a salvage job. But it has *really* satisfying combat, a hell of a lot of lore, all voice acted, and a huge world to explore. It's basically an Irish-lore themed Fable for those of us who didn't have an Xbox.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2020, 3:00:45 AM
More stoked about this than I've been for any other game in a good while. Hope they do it justice, but even if they don't I'm down for another playthrough.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
More stoked about this than I've been for any other game in a good while. Hope they do it justice, but even if they don't I'm down for another playthrough.

Mine just arrived. Installed it, gave it a go. I only played Finesse/Might on ps3 because the flashier styles always seemed too resource-heavy graphically. Happy to report magic looks SO much better now, and the framerate is very clean. That said, that's on ps4 and a big tv that didn't handle the Ps3 so well. There have been reports that on PC it doesn't perform much better than a well-modded original.

But some of the balance/UI tweaks are significant: they increased mob density somewhat, loot is now smarter (chests spawn on opening and 'sometimes' skew towards your allocated ability points), areas are not level-locked but instead scale with you (with some soft locks -- you won't find super high level critters in the starting area even if you return near the end). The camera's more flexible, as is the FoV. You can scale the HUD a bit.

The core game was always good, so the remaster is more of a polish than a remake, which is perfectly fine.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Hopefully they continued it into an endgame for this version. I spent fricken forever trying to perfect my gear the first time I played through, found out there was no more game after the story and I'd just ruined my experience cheesing everything.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info