[3.12] Doom Pop Occultist | New Impending Doom Support Build | Explosions Galore

Man, I realy enjoy your idea but I cant Access you pastbin. Do you use it in what program? Thanks
How about using a self cast curse linked with impending doom and then applying another curse through Bane to override the first curse thus triggering Doom blast?
"
Elzanto wrote:
How about using a self cast curse linked with impending doom and then applying another curse through Bane to override the first curse thus triggering Doom blast?

This would require 2 buttons..... We are lazy and looking to chad while only using 1 hand. :D but I actually am thinking about this for single target/bossing because the numbers for hexblast are kinda hard to ignore for me.
"
Man, I realy enjoy your idea but I cant Access you pastbin. Do you use it in what program? Thanks

It uses the community fork of pob.
Heres a link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/
"
Elzanto wrote:

That would work in the case without Vixens, but then to sustain damage you would have to cast the curse and then bane again. so 2 casts per explosion. With the vixens setup we get 1 explosion per cast.
"
mattvaisman wrote:
"
Elzanto wrote:

This would require 2 buttons..... We are lazy and looking to chad while only using 1 hand. :D but I actually am thinking about this for single target/bossing because the numbers for hexblast are kinda hard to ignore for me.

Yeah the Hexblast numbers are nice, I'm planning on testing a weapon swap 6 link for bossing. Cause in doing some basic doom blast calcs the clear will be great, bossing not so much.
"
K33LIN wrote:
"
mattvaisman wrote:
"
Elzanto wrote:

Yeah the Hexblast numbers are nice, I'm planning on testing a weapon swap 6 link for bossing. Cause in doing some basic doom blast calcs the clear will be great, bossing not so much.

yup, exactly my thoughts. One thing that I also have been thinking about (cause thats all we can do right now) is taking advantage of the high potential of hexblast being supported by the new ele pen support, then using ele hexes to drop resistances, hopefully a felbog fang, waiting for that 75% expired duration for some one shot bossing??? Want to feel like I am getting back at GGG for all the one shots I have taken over the years.

Edit: mind you, curses would all be self casted for max Doom stacks. 30 stacks for 3 different curses????? :D
Last edited by mattvaisman on Sep 17, 2020, 11:59:39 PM
"
mattvaisman wrote:

yup, exactly my thoughts. One thing that I also have been thinking about (cause thats all we can do right now) is taking advantage of the high potential of hexblast being supported by the new ele pen support, then using ele hexes to drop resistances, hopefully a felbog fang, waiting for that 75% expired duration for some one shot bossing??? Want to feel like I am getting back at GGG for all the one shots I have taken over the years.

Edit: mind you, curses would all be self casted for max Doom stacks. 30 stacks for 3 different curses????? :D

Hexblast only uses the curse with the highest doom. Also with skittering runes the doom cap can be 40. Also because hexblast uses the lowest res you only have to scale one of the resistances, not all three.
Keep in mind that Curse aura's take priority over other curses and so it will overwrite them. So if you have a curse aura on you with a small radius then you can curse the mobs and run through the pack with your curse aura to overwrite the other curse and thus cause the impending doom to trigger.

Also there is a node on the passive tree that will apply a full stack of doom after 1 second. So you could cast the curse with max aoe then wait one second before hitting it with another curse.

As I understand it Doom is gained at a rate of 10 points per second without any doom gain increase nodes. So two nodes would reduce it to 2 seconds and 3 would make it about 1.5 seconds to gain 40 doom.

Superior Hexblast says that it will remove the hex with the most doom after damaging it with Hexblast.

So this means that you could self cast one curse and apply the other other curses with Vixen. Then cast Hexblast to trigger Doom with max application while the other curses remain on the mobs.

This is a work in progress but this is what I was thinking of using for my Passive tree: https://pastebin.com/y1W4swL3

You will need the Path of building community fork edition to view it.

I did not include the marks nor is it all of the alt qualities for curses in the list below.
I just copied down the ones I thought could be abused for explody fun.

Punishment is awesome now and deserves a spot on Vixen as for the other two I will be going Temporal Chains and Enfeeble to debuff and slow down the enemy.

For hand cast I will use Flammability with the 1st Alt quality.
For HexBlast I will use the 2nd alt quality with 40% increased damage with ailments.

The order of operation would be Flammability, which triggers Vixen then cast Hexblast a second later. The overkill from Punishment should help trigger other explosions if needed and any that did not die will hopefully ignite for a ton of damage causing another round of overkills.

Hexblast
Alternate Quality 2
40% increased Damage with Ailments
20% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies

Enfeeble
Alternate Quality 1
Curse has 40% increased Doom gain rate

Conductivity
Alternate Quality 1
Curses inflicted by this Skill have +5 to maximum Doom
Alternate Quality 2
Hits against Cursed Enemies have +20% chance to Shock