[3.12] HunterKee's💨Splitting Steel🗡️|| League Start || Fast Mapper & Max Block

"
Archernick wrote:
Any thoughts on going Violent Retaliation over Outmatch & Outlast? I already have good Endurance/Frenzy sustain with Enduring Cry / Blood Rage (and Farrul's Fur eventually), and it provides us with even more defence/damage.

Yes that's also a really good option for later game if you have enough gear.
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
Archernick wrote:
Any thoughts on going Violent Retaliation over Outmatch & Outlast? I already have good Endurance/Frenzy sustain with Enduring Cry / Blood Rage (and Farrul's Fur eventually), and it provides us with even more defence/damage.

Yes that's also a really good option for later game if you have enough gear.

Cool thanks - I've made the swap from Champion then! Got tired of rolling away "Cannot be taunted" anyway :D
Another couple questions actually:

Thoughts on Anointing the Elusive on Kill notable, at least until we get it on Boots?

And how important is Riposte in this setup? I'm currently running Enlighten in the Aura setup, but moved Precision to my Weapon.
"
Archernick wrote:

Thoughts on Anointing the Elusive on Kill notable, at least until we get it on Boots?

And how important is Riposte in this setup? I'm currently running Enlighten in the Aura setup, but moved Precision to my Weapon.

riposte is not a requirement you can remove it to add something else.

For min-max end you can run enlighten and maybe add Purity in it once you have reduce pride reservation.

Elusive on kill are pretty good but cost too much for us I think. We already have pretty good clear speed, we should focus on more on single target.
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
Archernick wrote:

riposte is not a requirement you can remove it to add something else.

For min-max end you can run enlighten and maybe add Purity in it once you have reduce pride reservation.

Elusive on kill are pretty good but cost too much for us I think. We already have pretty good clear speed, we should focus on more on single target.

Thanks for answering the questions so quickly. I'm loving Glad so far - very zoom zoom. Only Chaos damage is really scary, but I can work on that when I re-do my jewellery.

I'm flicking between Shattering (got the +1 proj alt quality) and Splitting Steel. I find Shattering can clear super fast tbh, and performs better on bossees. Actually, one issue I'm having is I'm attacking so fast that I have to Call of Steel after maybe 1 second of holding right click :D.

Also fun fact: allies who use Call of Steel will consume EVERY impale on corpses/enemies, including yours. It's pretty insane/annoying in Blight Maps.
"
Archernick wrote:

Thanks for answering the questions so quickly. I'm loving Glad so far - very zoom zoom. Only Chaos damage is really scary, but I can work on that when I re-do my jewellery.

I'm flicking between Shattering (got the +1 proj alt quality) and Splitting Steel. I find Shattering can clear super fast tbh, and performs better on bossees. Actually, one issue I'm having is I'm attacking so fast that I have to Call of Steel after maybe 1 second of holding right click :D.

Also fun fact: allies who use Call of Steel will consume EVERY impale on corpses/enemies, including yours. It's pretty insane/annoying in Blight Maps.

Yes, so I do recommand use chaos cluster jewel. The only annoying part of shattering is because it consume 2 shards and each hit impale once.

So, if you have 5 impale on enemy. You use call of steel, you will get 5 shard

Which could only support you to hit 2 times before call of steel.
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
Archernick wrote:

Yes, so I do recommand use chaos cluster jewel. The only annoying part of shattering is because it consume 2 shards and each hit impale once.

So, if you have 5 impale on enemy. You use call of steel, you will get 5 shard

Which could only support you to hit 2 times before call of steel.

I was thinking about this just now actually. Since we're not Champ, and atm it's hard to get +2 impale on Watcher's Eye, would Impaler be a serious consideration?

For mapping I'm nearly always just hitting once or twice and CoS'ing to explode everything. amd then for bossing, you only ever get to hit once with the max 5 Impales before you need to CoS to remove them. With Impaler you get at least 5 hits of max impales which helps on boss damage, so long as you CoS intelligentally.

I'm in T12-14's now and bosses start to require some manoeuvring to kill them clean, so you have time to let CoS auto-gen shards before unloading. Also you get access to a very nice Fortify on Hit Helm Enchant too.

But you seem to think Splitting Steel is better, even for bossing? Curious as to why, because I'm wondering what to focus on tbh.
"
Archernick wrote:

I was thinking about this just now actually. Since we're not Champ, and atm it's hard to get +2 impale on Watcher's Eye, would Impaler be a serious consideration?

For mapping I'm nearly always just hitting once or twice and CoS'ing to explode everything. amd then for bossing, you only ever get to hit once with the max 5 Impales before you need to CoS to remove them. With Impaler you get at least 5 hits of max impales which helps on boss damage, so long as you CoS intelligentally.

I'm in T12-14's now and bosses start to require some manoeuvring to kill them clean, so you have time to let CoS auto-gen shards before unloading. Also you get access to a very nice Fortify on Hit Helm Enchant too.

But you seem to think Splitting Steel is better, even for bossing? Curious as to why, because I'm wondering what to focus on tbh.

We dont really scale impale in this build I think, if you take impaler you will first hit reach 5 last hit. Then quickly it will run out. Because we hit super fast we wont have enough steel.

For splitting steel we can actually have 5 impale more than shattering since it consume only 1 shard.

Normally you hit really fast during bossing and spent your shard super quick. Then you spam twice of call of steel this will recharge your steel almost to maximum. Also we should always recharge during dodge attack etc
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
Archernick wrote:

We dont really scale impale in this build I think, if you take impaler you will first hit reach 5 last hit. Then quickly it will run out. Because we hit super fast we wont have enough steel.

For splitting steel we can actually have 5 impale more than shattering since it consume only 1 shard.

Normally you hit really fast during bossing and spent your shard super quick. Then you spam twice of call of steel this will recharge your steel almost to maximum. Also we should always recharge during dodge attack etc

Ah yes I forgot that we'd expend the impales over the next 5 attacks, without refreshing them. This makes more sense, and why it's bad for bossing. Thank you for clearing it up.

I'm going to try get a Farrul's Fur for Frenzy/Power sustain on bossing, as well as phasing for Heist content.

Any thoughts on Fury Valve btw?
"
Archernick wrote:

Ah yes I forgot that we'd expend the impales over the next 5 attacks, without refreshing them. This makes more sense, and why it's bad for bossing. Thank you for clearing it up.

I'm going to try get a Farrul's Fur for Frenzy/Power sustain on bossing, as well as phasing for Heist content.

Any thoughts on Fury Valve btw?

Splitting steel has build-in Fury Valve effect so we dont really need it.
Last edited by ahunterkee on Sep 22, 2020, 12:55:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info