Community Racing’s Relay 2 Raise - Racing for a Cause - September 5th, 2020

Hey, everyone!

It’s my pleasure to introduce an upcoming race event planned for the 5th of September. I’ve teamed up with AFK Creators and SoftGiving in order to introduce a new format to the racing scene: The Relay! Teams of four will rush the same boss consecutively for the fastest combined time. This event will support a number of amazing and worthy charities, and as a community we can do a lot of good while enjoying something we love. Additionally, we’ll be working with ZiggyD, who will be joined by Octavian0, in order to provide casting for the event!

There are heaps of prizes and opportunities for everyone to win while supporting the cause, from the racers themselves, to the viewers as well. You can learn more about the prize structure for racers and other opportunities to win in the “Prizes” section.

This race is open to the entire community as well, so gather up a group of friends and submit your team by heading over to the PoECR discord and submitting your team in the #relay-register section!

To make this event extra spicy and promote strategy, there will be a few restrictions that will be outlined in detail in the rules section of this post.

Race Information/Structure:

Starting today, we’ll be collecting donations in a community pool set up by SoftGiving. Each relay team will choose a charity/cause to represent, and by participating they ensure a certain allocation of this pool goes to the charity/cause of their choice. The higher they place, the more the charity/cause receives.

Click here to donate and learn more about the amazing causes we’ll be supporting!
https://give.softgiving.com/Relay2Raise

Charities Supported by the Event:

The race will begin at 8pm UTC on September 5th, 2020:
  • The race will take place in a Harvest Softcore SSF Private League with a 2 Minute Death Penalty.
  • The private league will have no additional mods.
  • Streaming is not required. Screenshot submissions are required and detailed below.
  • Each member of the relay will have to defeat Dominus before the next member can start their run.

Race Rules:

Here's the nitty-gritty details of the race! All information to be included in the screenshot and with the screenshot will be outlined below. Failing to provide the required information will disqualify your team's run.

Screenshot Criteria:
  • Character Sheet Open, Showing Name and Portrait
  • League Information in the Right Corner
  • Local Time Displayed from Client Options
  • You teammate’s location in the Aqueducts by a /whois TeamMember while you are on the coast if starting your run and you are not the first relay member.
  • Your death count by typing /deaths in the in-game chat if in the Aqueducts.
  • Your team mate and your in-game clocks must be within the same minute or later.
  • Provide your time difference from UTC
  • Provide your Relay Team Name
  • Provide your Public PoE Profile

Note: If you are a streamer, you may submit a VoD in lieu of Screenshots, but make sure your VoD also complies with all of the information requested below.

You'll submit this information in the Community Racing Discord:
https://discord.gg/hBDkYbp

Race Rules
  • Each relay member must use a different base character
  • Sample relay: Witch, Templar, Shadow, Ranger
  • If you mule Onslaught or other skill/support gem, this must be included as part of your run and cannot be done in advance.
  • The next relay member can only begin once the previous member reaches the Aqueducts
  • Each relay member must submit two (2) screenshots, one which shows the moment they begin their run, and when they end their run in the Aqueducts.
  • The screenshots must be in compliance with the criteria outlined above.
  • Each death will result in 2 minutes being added to the final time.

The winning team will have the fastest total time.

Entering the Race:

Anyone who would like to enter may do so by gathering a group of four and heading over to the PoECR discord. You’ll want to look for the event-specific channel, #relay-register.

The link to the community racing Discord is here: https://discord.gg/zWs5kvJ

Please include the following:

• Team Name: Please name your team after an in-game item, buff, or boss.
  • Team Members: Please list the names/handles of each member of your team.
  • Team Charity/Cause: Please designate which of the six you’d like to support.
  • Team Classes: Please designate which base classes your team is using.

Additionally, make sure you stop by the #roles-and-auth channel if you’re new to the discord to assign yourself the role as racer. You’ll also want to associate your PoE account with the Community Racing Bot as outlined in the #racer-resources section.

Prize Information:

Racers:
SoftGiving has supplied the prize pool for the racers! Thank you so much!
1st Place Team: $800 USD
2nd Place Team: $600 USD
3rd Place Team: $400 USD

Viewers:
SoftGiving, GGG, and AFK Creators have supplied over $1200 in MTX and giveaways for viewers! Incredible!
These giveaways will take place during the cast, so be sure to tune in to the big day! Half will be automatically awarded randomly to those who tune in, and otherwise will be up for grabs at key donations thresholds. Winning any of the prizes does not require a donation and will be 100% open to everyone.

NOTE: These are NOT twitch drops. Only game developers can enable twitch drops. We are using a community workaround similar to what we used for the level 80 class race back in May. Keep an eye on your twitch whispers from Pertinslacks.

Countdown Timer is here:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200905T20&p0=1440&msg=PoECR+Relay+2+Raise+-+8pm+UTC+Sept+5th%2C+2020&font=cursive

Casting Coverage

ZiggyD will be casting the race with Octavian0 on his Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ziggydlive

If others would like to cast, please contact me for more information.

Full Disclosure:
This event is sponsored by Softgiving, who have paid the production costs associated with the event including: private league costs, caster booking, dev and support crew time, racer prize pool, and viewer prizes. They have also graciously provided their platform to organize the charity pool. While you’re donating, please consider supporting their platform, as this would not have been possible without them.

Likewise, a big thank you to AFK Creators for believing in me. You’ve been so supportive and helpful in my endeavors to step up as a Race Organizer. It's truly rare to find a company that genuinely cares about the people they interact with, and go so far above and beyond to help them succeed.

Thanks,
Brittleknee
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Sep 5, 2020, 4:19:17 PM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2020, 11:09:02 AM
Last edited by RectLat on Jul 23, 2022, 5:13:54 PM
Good to see some good.
Saved
This sounds like a rad format, looking forward to more innovative events like this.
Well this is really cool. Really excited for this!
Will be an interesting one to watch, hopefully get some good teams in.
Of course you hope people don't do it but I don't see how you could enforce not muling onslaught for players who go 2nd-4th on their team and submit screenshots. You would have to have someone looking at characters created in the league and their profiles constantly from start of the race and that doesn't seem to feasible to me and someone could slip by. Otherwise player 2-4 could run the mule character put it in stash and even quicksilver too, give you screenshot of the race character at start of game and then end of game. One way I could see of circumventing this which would kind of work since it's a shorter race would be adding the no stash mod but then that also gets rid of people muling legitimately and including it in their run, and also would not work for potential future, longer events.

Again you hope people just play fair and follow the rules but people always let me down, especially when it comes to competitions.
i'm a little sad it's a team-based league. EW, sucks when you have no friends i guess.
There did not appear to be any mention of this applying to console payers? I would assume we can not enter the race since we don't have the ability to do private leagues. But what about MTX by viewing?
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
"
jzstyles wrote:
Of course you hope people don't do it but I don't see how you could enforce not muling onslaught for players who go 2nd-4th on their team and submit screenshots. You would have to have someone looking at characters created in the league and their profiles constantly from start of the race and that doesn't seem to feasible to me and someone could slip by. Otherwise player 2-4 could run the mule character put it in stash and even quicksilver too, give you screenshot of the race character at start of game and then end of game. One way I could see of circumventing this which would kind of work since it's a shorter race would be adding the no stash mod but then that also gets rid of people muling legitimately and including it in their run, and also would not work for potential future, longer events.

Again you hope people just play fair and follow the rules but people always let me down, especially when it comes to competitions.

Only two ways I could think of monitoring this, firstly keep an eye on Poe-racing, if there is 16 teams then there should only be 16 active characters (Mule characters should be named MULETEAMNAME)

Second, you could have each relay in a different private league. This way you could monitor 2,3,4 to make sure no characters are created.

Obviously both of these really depend on the sizabiltiy of the race, if you have 100 teams enter then it would be hard to do either of these methods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info