Freezing pulse templar. Advice?

So i have this lvl63 templar, using 11%freezing pulse(LMP+faster projectiles+reduced mana) and ice spear(spell totem+GMP)

with auras (clarity, determination, purity and discipline) i have 331 mana left.
2500 hps
706x3 dps FP(12.9% crit, 195% crit multiplier and 111% projectile speed)
334 armour, 18k with granite up.
fire res 77%
cold res 67%
lightning res 77%
chaos res -60%

this is my passive tree (4 unused points+11 respec)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsMfRB_FE0WbxdUGYUaOBpsHwIigSSqKU8tHzbFNuk62EbXTLNN2E99VcZdxmBtZp5tGXB9fll_xoBWgW-CHoKbgziIQouMjHaOPI5kj0aQVZ2Ana6ePJ6hogCio6cIp4Spla-btvq4k8AawfPGns9l0NDYJNrd2wvd8-Fz42rkIuw47SDwH_Id96Y=

there is alot of tweaking to be done, like changing the reduced mana gem for a faster casting gem(until i get a 5L) and the elemental resistance with shield passives isnt very efficient.

so give me some pointers, what should i do?
Last edited by thejorp on Mar 26, 2013, 4:18:28 PM
the question is, what are you lacking or are trying to achieve with your templar?
excellent question monkeywaffles!
ARMOUR! my armour is not what it should be :( if there is ranged physical monsters nearby i have to quaff the granite and a health potion instantly.
and of course i want my templar to dish out serious damage while being able to take a hit or two.

edit: ok for example, should i go for the "body and soul" circle(far left of templar start) or should i take away the 6 points used to get the "elemental resistance with shield" nodes and use it for the 3 resistance nodes under "inner force" + the resistance circle next to "nimbleness"? because(with my current gear at least) i dont feel like an increase in armour% will do any significant increase in armour.

also im thinking about going down to the shadow tree and pick up some cold damange and crit there.
Last edited by thejorp on Mar 27, 2013, 7:55:48 AM
lacking armor? your problem probably stems from you using hybrid / ES gear. even with the armor aura, that would not give you much since you'd have low base armor in the first place.

don't go after that big armor node near the shield area; there are too many small value nodes that stop you from getting the big one. actually, don't take any armor nodes unless they're above 10.

what you could do is go down south towards the marauder starting point and grab elemental adaptation, diamond skin, heart of the gladiator, armour mastery, and trolls blood.

imo having that 15% resist on shields per node is a good and cheap way of capping your resists. they are much better than the 3 resistance nodes under inner force. the added shield block is good too. a block is damage not received, so I am all for that. you also shouldn't underestimate those big shield nodes that add 20% to shield defense. a good high level strength shield could hit 1000 armor, and 20% of that is already 200, like wearing another armor piece. put on top of that the multiplicative value of the armor aura, and your armor values start stacking up.

what you could do is start getting more str armor pieces than int or int/str hybrids. 3L helmets, gloves, and boots have few enough slots for you to chome them to your preferred color. you could instead get your ES from a hybrid chest piece (easier to get blue slots if you have more than 4) and shield: there are lots of shield nodes that boost shield ES value, and 20% more defense shield nodes also equate to more ES in ES shields.

if you're worried about your mana because your ES is low, then try going for the reduced mana reservation nodes in between the templar and marauder tree.

if you wanna respec anything, respec those 8% health nodes that don't lead to a big health node. you can also respec a couple of the small armor/ES nodes but keep the big one; you can re-path by taking a single int node up top and then taking out the two armor/ES nodes while keeping the small one that leads to the big one.

lastly, why do you have +30 dex nodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info