First map, first 6-link find: corrupted +2 mele gems foul staff (4r/2g). Is this actually valuable?

New player here, just did my first map and found this corrupted 6-link:

Could anyone give me an idea of how rare/valuable something like this is?

At first glance it seems to be pretty darn good for a duelist or something, but honestly I have no idea.
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2020, 2:04:59 PM
Worthless, sell it for a divine orb to the vendor. The reason being, melee gems don't benefit from levels like spell gems do. Look at an earthquake at lvl1 and lvl20, yea, the lvl20 is clearly better than lvl1, check arc at lvl1 and lvl20 tho, look at the base damage.

The base damage of melee skills is a % of your phys damage from your weapons
The base damage of spells skills is the base damage written in their description.
Meaning melee skills scale their damage with your weapons better than levels and spell gems from their own gem levels, which is why empower lvl4 is really really good, it's +3 levels to active spell gems.

For the most part, sell 6 links for divine orbs, but first put them up for 50-70c if they are uncorrupted and a good crafting base, someone could buy it because they don't want to gamble making a 6link. If they are corrupted like now, put them up for 30c and if no one buys it within 2 days, sell to vendor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info