Kinetic Bolt

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2023, 6:13:31 PM
Kinetic Bolt now can only hit once for single target in any situation, no matter the distance and proj numbers

it's just become like a Kinetic Blast_ver Dmg*0.1 after the patch, with the same time secondary projectiles for tornado shot works well

this gem is essentially destroyed by this genius which make it gets 1 hit period on any attack vs a single target

the only problem I have is did some dudes stealing the code from shattering steel to fit this Rory like kill?
Would really like some official response on how this is skill is *supposed* to function and what the recent bugfix actually changed.

Making Kinetic Bolt just another Kinetic Blast-style skill where you still need power siphon for any single target doesn't seem like the right way to move forward.
Default: Nagarashi
HC: MrsNagarashi or Nagarashi_JrJr
The bug fix for KB practically killed the skill. Projectile scaling inherently carries a hefty penalty as it is but design changes like this just railroad all wanders in blast because it covers the entire screen or power siphon because it outperforms.

At a base level I don't see how making a skill unplayed when it was competitive (but still worse) to a degree is a bug fix if anything the best approach was accepting the unintended interaction made the skill better and doing no work on it.

I get quite frustrated with this type of design as its just wasting assets, I'm not a throw the toys out of the cot type of gamer I'm very tolerant and understanding of a vast majority of skill changes especially nerfs but KBolt was usable and now its not, nothing more to say.
I did a test of Kinetic Bolt in early march this year and my conclusion was that the shotgun effect was only reliable on targets with big hitboxes and /or when they dont move too much.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3066188/page/1

So now the fix has even removed this ability?
Have not tested since fix but assume its completely gone now.
Guess the skill is now there where GGG wants it to be.

Spoiler

Only 2 characters above 90 play it in SC SSF Ultimatum and most in SC Ultimatium play it as magic find in low tier content as it has great clear but even less single target now.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
yes they totally removed the shotgun, the results are pretty disappointing its pretty much consigned to a clear skill only.

theres only 4 of us above 90 playing it on HC and i'm basically the only player with a developed one, it just got gutted I really can't see how this is an improvement to the game.

Meanwhile you can run archmage on basically any spell and do 4x the damage while simultaneously gaining vast tank, dot defense and easy scaling, I like archmage but somebody in the office needs to have an idea for what damage values are right for skills and apply them instead of just playing blindfolded wacamole with completely arbitrary buffs/nerfs.
⁣⁣⁣⁣ 
Last edited by 992511690 on May 5, 2022, 6:25:03 AM
Wand attacks need a huge damage boost for leveling.
Hi,
I'm having a really hard time to understand which interactions are working for Kinetic Bolt and which aren't.
Is there any overview of this for references?

e.g.: (tested myself, found no info)
-returning projectiles are not working
-chain seems to have no effect
-pierce seems to have no effect
-fork works as described in skill gem
-bouncing of walls (deadeye asc) works
-projectile speed/damage works
Kinetic bolt still causes random Instance crashes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info