Ensnaring Arrow

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2024, 5:38:29 PM
I can't believe there's no feedback here. Ensnaring Arrow is awful to use. It's an absolutely mandatory component of non Crimson Dance bleed bow builds, and it blocks all global pierce/fork/chain. The tether itself is almost completely invisible, as are the arrows that apply it.

On paper, this skill should be making it into nearly every hit-based bow build to shore up boss dps. 20% increased projectile damage taken with unlimited duration and a massive slow? Yes pls. Hell, it even does decent damage.

But the skill feels like crap. You can't even be certain you just used it. Please scrap the direct hitting, swap Ensnaring Arrow to a ground placed AoE, like Blast Rain or Rain of Arrows. No interactions with chain, fork, pierce, or split. This skill should be firing a fucking telephone pole into the ground and then tethering everything around it like it's a goddamned maypole dance.
Wanted to know about the the final target interaction, would it still apply snare if it has a remaining chain but there's no enemy for it to chain to (e.g. Bossing, only 1 enemy)

If so the interaction is really hard to work around with. Agreed with the poster above, difficult to incorporate it into a build with such limitations as chain, fork, pierce, etc. is usually a global modifier and not a local one.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Blown away that this still hasn't been fixed after all these years.

Ensnaring arrow with any pierce or chain is useless. This gem is an example of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' when it comes to bleed reliant bow builds.

A simple fix - prevent this skill from chaining or piercing.
+1 This would be super helpful against runaway Crucible mobs this league but in fact, is useless.
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
I just learned this skill exists, tried it in my manaforge setup, googled why it didn't do anything, found out it is basically useless when you have any form of pierce and promptly dropped it again. 0/10.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info