[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

Hey guys,

I'm VERY interested in playing this build at league start, I just have a few questions if you don't mind looking at them.

How does this build do in delve? I love delve and would like something that can smash it.

In terms of tankyness, I get that this build is up there, but would getting maxblock be hard? Run a Rumis?

I ask because Ultimatum looks sketch as hell, and maxing another defensive layer might be worth it if there is no damage loss.
"
Sparhawk87 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm VERY interested in playing this build at league start, I just have a few questions if you don't mind looking at them.

How does this build do in delve? I love delve and would like something that can smash it.

In terms of tankyness, I get that this build is up there, but would getting maxblock be hard? Run a Rumis?

I ask because Ultimatum looks sketch as hell, and maxing another defensive layer might be worth it if there is no damage loss.

Alright!

1. This build can do somwhat deep delving but is not made for it but up to 1k imo should be fine as long as you invest (casual delving is more than fine its just that there are builds specifically made for deep delving that perform way better in that regard but if you just do some delving by using master missions and ocasionaly scarabs then you will be fine)

2. The build is indeed tanky and JennoJoyce (creator of this build) plans to do some changes to make it more tanky but i wouldnt expect those changes to be any time soon as it just needs testing.

We do use rumis though later on you may want to drop it for more dmg but its up to your personal choice - defence vs dmg (its adviced to use rumis for delving and deli maps)

Getting max attack block or being close to it is not really that hard because we are using staffs and staff nodes but getting max spell block is kinda hard.
Though we have 90% phys reduction, really good life regen and other really good ways to stay alive that are being scaled up with the investment which should be more than enough for upcoming league as it is.

As for ultimatum it looks to be another ritual-ish mechanic but with the special modifiers that are unknown atm, i remeber seeing one that lowered the circle for example but there may be stuff to be carefull about so we will see whats in it and if we can change to accommodate for it or just ignore those mods alltogether if needed. (afterall you can chose what modifier you want in normal maps but the issue is those special sacrifice areas that seem to have random modifieres.)
"
sas115 wrote:
"
Sparhawk87 wrote:
Hey guys,

Alright!

1. This build can do somwhat deep delving but is not made for it but up to 1k imo should be fine as long as you invest (casual delving is more than fine its just that there are builds specifically made for deep delving that perform way better in that regard but if you just do some delving by using master missions and ocasionaly scarabs then you will be fine)

2. The build is indeed tanky and JennoJoyce (creator of this build) plans to do some changes to make it more tanky but i wouldnt expect those changes to be any time soon as it just needs testing.

We do use rumis though later on you may want to drop it for more dmg but its up to your personal choice - defence vs dmg (its adviced to use rumis for delving and deli maps)

Getting max attack block or being close to it is not really that hard because we are using staffs and staff nodes but getting max spell block is kinda hard.
Though we have 90% phys reduction, really good life regen and other really good ways to stay alive that are being scaled up with the investment which should be more than enough for upcoming league as it is.

As for ultimatum it looks to be another ritual-ish mechanic but with the special modifiers that are unknown atm, i remeber seeing one that lowered the circle for example but there may be stuff to be carefull about so we will see whats in it and if we can change to accommodate for it or just ignore those mods alltogether if needed. (afterall you can chose what modifier you want in normal maps but the issue is those special sacrifice areas that seem to have random modifieres.)

Thats awesome news.
I will probably roll this in the morning then :) Thanks for giving me hope for this league :D

Only reason I was keen on beefing out the tank is due to this league looking especially rippy and the fact that I loath dying. :)

"
Sparhawk87 wrote:

Thats awesome news.
I will probably roll this in the morning then :) Thanks for giving me hope for this league :D

Only reason I was keen on beefing out the tank is due to this league looking especially rippy and the fact that I loath dying. :)

I will be checking this thread from time to time when i take breaks from playing poe to probably answer some questions or add somthing of my own.

Also on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mrvcx3/new_crusader_explode_mod_chance_plus_weightings/

We can see new explode mods on chest and well..

t2 is 11-20%
t1 is 21-30%
Elevated is 31-35% + 8-12% aoe.

Not gona lie i expected t2 to be 30%, t1 50% and elevated 70% but welp we got what we got

So with devastator we will have about 60% to explode which is really good, sure not as good as 100% we had before but 60% will most likely chain to the point where it gona perform the same, imo later on we may get it on chest but no need to push it early. As a bonus i will add that those explodes will be a lot more juicy in terms of dmg compared to old explode.
Last edited by sas115 on Apr 16, 2021, 8:05:27 AM
I will try this in Ultimatum,its my first attempt to a slam build. Very good guide. Good job thx
"
inoxydablee wrote:
I will try this in Ultimatum,its my first attempt to a slam build. Very good guide. Good job thx

Same for me!
Last second decision. I'm really hyped.
Thank you for this great guide. Will come back while playing with some questions for sure.
"
"
inoxydablee wrote:

Same for me!
Last second decision. I'm really hyped.
Thank you for this great guide. Will come back while playing with some questions for sure.

Good luck both of you! Remeber to read the guide! there are lot of things explained in it and how to get certain items aswell! (especialy clusters)
Can anyone elaborate on what the skill rotation will be like when you are in act 4 and onward?

At the start of act 4 we have all of our skills (hoping we get good links) but I can't figure out what the skill rotation should be (what buffs/crys do we want up for max damage before we get all the buffs/ascendancies) moving through the acts and on act bosses.

My damage seems to be very lacking in Act 4.

Thank you,
Very Much
Ive heard a lot of the Vaal gems are going to get buffed in 3.14 could you use any of them with this build?
"
CarnageCory wrote:
Can anyone elaborate on what the skill rotation will be like when you are in act 4 and onward?

At the start of act 4 we have all of our skills (hoping we get good links) but I can't figure out what the skill rotation should be (what buffs/crys do we want up for max damage before we get all the buffs/ascendancies) moving through the acts and on act bosses.

My damage seems to be very lacking in Act 4.

Thank you,
Very Much

One thing i see is that you still didnt take resoulute technique which is rather important as some of the dmg you may be missing comes from well missing your hits.

Now that i took a good look your whole tree is a huge mess and most likely the reason why you are having problems in the first place, You should be using the 30c early mapping POB and consider looking into leveling and tree progression as it answers your questions. Also please take care of your items, its not even funny that most of the stuff you have are white... I know you are doing this for practice but you took it a bit too far.

"
Pontiff_ wrote:
Ive heard a lot of the Vaal gems are going to get buffed in 3.14 could you use any of them with this build?

Yes a lot of vaal gems got buffed but none that we use so not really, i can see a place where someone changes the build a bit to accommodate for vaal ground slam but it needs testing and based on pob it doesnt seem like a good idea either.
Last edited by sas115 on Apr 16, 2021, 11:32:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info