[3.14] g00fy_goober's do it all Arc Trapper (Easily Clear All Content)

"
Dz3m00RR wrote:
Hello G00fy! Realy nice build, but i have a question if Im not feeling confidently enough to play it with 2x wands and want some defence, is ES shield with +1 lightning and spell crit and some ES and life is good?


Sure thing. As a trapper I don't think it is really needed but ya shield with life and +1 spells and maybe even some spell crit or w/e would be good.
Updated for 3.14. Vaal arc was buffed nicely but no other real changes of notes.
I have played as an Ice Miner before and didn't mind the arthritis play style. I am interested in this since there is less button mashing. Would you say this build is cheap to get started, and how does this perform against Maven fights?
Cool Winds
Last edited by DT-Joker-17 on Apr 14, 2021, 8:49:54 AM
"
DT-Joker-17 wrote:
I have played as an Ice Miner before and didn't mind the arthritis play style. I am interested in this since there is less button mashing. Would you say this build is cheap to get started, and how does this perform against Maven fights?


Way easier on the wrist/fingers. Literally just right click to toss traps, for most clearing only need 1-2 clicks a pack.

Build is super cheap to get started, arc traps are probably one of the best/easiest/cheap builds to get going as is almost any spell as it relys mainly on skill gem level at start and getting something like a +1 wand will carry you through to red tier maps.

As for maven fights, I have no idea since maven just came out last league, but as most end game boss fights... it is mainly mechanic based, I don't see it being a problem at all.
"

Way easier on the wrist/fingers. Literally just right click to toss traps, for most clearing only need 1-2 clicks a pack.

Build is super cheap to get started, arc traps are probably one of the best/easiest/cheap builds to get going as is almost any spell as it relys mainly on skill gem level at start and getting something like a +1 wand will carry you through to red tier maps.

As for maven fights, I have no idea since maven just came out last league, but as most end game boss fights... it is mainly mechanic based, I don't see it being a problem at all.


Thanks for the fast response. I am trying to narrow down my league starter and this is a great candidate.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of streamers/YouTubers promoting their builds based on bad information or promises of being league-start friendly lately.
Cool Winds
"
DT-Joker-17 wrote:


Thanks for the fast response. I am trying to narrow down my league starter and this is a great candidate.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of streamers/YouTubers promoting their builds based on bad information or promises of being league-start friendly lately.


Well that is sad to see, and league start friendly I am sure is a "little" different for everyone. But like I said almost any spell type build will be fine to level with. Attack skills are a tad harder but still usually pretty viable. Arc in general is a super easy spell to level with and arc traps even easier.
Hello, i have only played mines so far, but want to try out traps. Is there any difference besides not having to detonate manually? Is one better than the other im matters of damage?
"
Krogodü wrote:
Hello, i have only played mines so far, but want to try out traps. Is there any difference besides not having to detonate manually? Is one better than the other im matters of damage?


They each have different things that effect them, different passives, different supports.

In general both are around the same ballpark dps wise. Playstyles are totally different though.
No leveling trees, PoB is still 3.11... Don't just slap "3.14" it the title...
thanks for the build, looks like a great 3.14 league starter.

I noticed the PoB and vids are all from 3.11, is it still viable?

I am new to traps but they look fun to play!

thanks in advance for any feedback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info