[3.12] Veski's Berserker Impale Sweep build UPWARDS OF 30M DPS(LEAGUE STARTER VIABLE)

Introduction: I will get the FAQ out of the way immediatly here.

Changelist:
Spoiler
3.12 Nothing really has changed, build is still viable

If i dont have much currency, can i still play the build?
Yes, i have provided budget options in the PoB, you can very easily run this build on a limited budget, though the build does go up in damage drastically with investment.

Is it SSF friendly?
If you're experienced enough in the game and know how to craft certain pieces of gear, it is doable. If unlucky with 2H Axe drops, can have a bit of a tough time early into mapping.

How good of a starter is it?
Once you recieve your first 4link your damage goes to the point where you're just jumping around and doing one sweep, sometimes two or three for rare monsters and just repeat, only getting stronger as you progress the through the acts. Melts story bosses without giving them much of a chance to strike back.

Weaknesses?
Phys Reflect maps and can sometimes have a tough time with no regen maps since you do at times rely on Enduring cry to top you off.

If questions arise: Feel free to ask anything over on the replies of this post or over on discord. Veskizi#1488

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/sdTDTwax
Once in there, I have created seperate trees for each stage of the game, showing where to allocate points as you progress
For bandits, we kill em all.

Demonstration of mapping:
Spoiler

Gems and Links:
Spoiler

Main 6Link: Sweep - Multistrike - Brutality - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify - Pulverize

Auras: Dread Banner - Herald of Purity - Blood and Sand - Flesh and Stone - Maim - Enlighten

Totems: Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Ancestral Protector - Brutality - Culling Strike

CWDT setup: Immortal call - Cast when Damage Taken - Increased Duration - Enduring Cry

Movement and Utility: Precision - Blood Magic - Berserk - Leap Slam

Content Viability:
Spoiler
Mapping: 7/10 Could be better on the clearspeed side but once you hit the map boss you pop Berserk and just go hog wild on the boss.
Bosses: 8.5/10 Once rage is stacked you annihilate everything in your path.
Elder: Does it rather easily, all you need is basic knowledge of the fight.
Shaper: Same as elder, it can handle it well
Uber Elder: Just don't panic and the fight will be over before you know it.
Sirus: DPS check passed
Delve: 7/10 You can quite easily run along with the cart, but not go darkness diving

Ending Words:
If there are any errors let me know in the comments and i will correct them, English isn't my first language but i do try.
The build was born out of me looking to play a melee build that isn't your average Cyclone or such (Nothing against you if you do like those), after playing it and really enjoying it i thought to look online for guides to see what others have done, only to find the latest guide for Sweeping Berserker in 3.7

Veski out, stay sane exiles
Last edited by Andu44 on Sep 24, 2020, 11:19:38 AM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2021, 9:39:28 PM
Hey dude,

The build seems to be good but one question and pretty easy to answer it,

What about the bandits ?

Maybe add it in the pastbin notes :)
"
pierre6707 wrote:
Hey dude,

The build seems to be good but one question and pretty easy to answer it,

What about the bandits ?

Maybe add it in the pastbin notes :)

Thanks for the input, i will update the post momentarily
As it stands, I think you're too low level to able to definitively say the build can do all the boss content easily. Yeah, you got 30 mil DPS, but you're also lvl 39 and not using the mirror tier weapon in the POB. Level up some more, get videos of you killing bosses, and show us a map with optimal gear and on a tileset you're comfortable with (the shipyard video was you literally just rushing the boss, not clearing the map; and the malformation map seemed like you had no idea what you were navigating).

Your guide also seems like it sweeps a lot of information under the rug. It's not like you're running a handful of uniques in your build but you barely go into detail about gear progression despite claiming it's a league starter (almost every league starter build guide has some form of gear progression guide instead of giving you "Budget" options and then literal mirror tier "expensive" options).

Would also like to actually see you have an SSF berserker actually running this build as a testament to how viable of a league starter this really is. You make it sound like it's a one-two punch build in a 4 link with good clear speed and high scalability, but this is also your 4th character in the league so there's no way you were playing like a league starter leveling with 3 characters worth of currency.
"
Deth_Meth wrote:
As it stands, I think you're too low level to able to definitively say the build can do all the boss content easily. Yeah, you got 30 mil DPS, but you're also lvl 39 and not using the mirror tier weapon in the POB. Level up some more, get videos of you killing bosses, and show us a map with optimal gear and on a tileset you're comfortable with (the shipyard video was you literally just rushing the boss, not clearing the map; and the malformation map seemed like you had no idea what you were navigating).

Your guide also seems like it sweeps a lot of information under the rug. It's not like you're running a handful of uniques in your build but you barely go into detail about gear progression despite claiming it's a league starter (almost every league starter build guide has some form of gear progression guide instead of giving you "Budget" options and then literal mirror tier "expensive" options).

Would also like to actually see you have an SSF berserker actually running this build as a testament to how viable of a league starter this really is. You make it sound like it's a one-two punch build in a 4 link with good clear speed and high scalability, but this is also your 4th character in the league so there's no way you were playing like a league starter leveling with 3 characters worth of currency.

The current SSF character im running is a completely different build and class.
When looking at my berserker which is running this build, you'll have a much more realistic view. The expensive options there are meant as the "ideal" pieces of gear to strive for.

This is my first time writing a guide, if you do wish to add to it and/or give me advice it is very welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info