IsneakyI 3.11 Champion Cleave guide

Introduction

This is my very first guide and i've decided to go with a champion cleave build. Currently done Sirus 5, all shaper guardians, elder guardians, and will update when i do shaper and elder themselves .

Pros&Cons

+High single target dps
+Tanky
+Cheap to get high dps
+Simple and fun play style

-Play style can be annoying if you don't enjoy using totems and banners
-Not the biggest life pool but makes up for it with fortify and block
-Does not have insanely fast clear speed but not slow by any means
-Leveling can suck until we get a few damage nodes on our passive Tree

Path of Building Link

This is my PoB fork link https://pastebin.com/TbS53ZS7 .
You can download PoB fork from
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases . Once downloaded click on-> new -> import/export build -> import from pastebin -> past the link -> then click import

You can see the leveling path that i recommend going by clicking on the black box near the bottom left that should say [level 90] or [level 10] . Select a level to see where you should be leveling wise.

Gem Links

Gems are listed in order of most DPS and Should Be prioritized in that order for upgrading quality and getting Level 21. Always get 21/23 Cleave first as it gives us more radius on Cleave.

Spoiler

-Cleave Level 21 Quality 23
-Multistrike Level 21 Quality 23
-Impale Level 21 Quality 23
-Brutality Level 21 Quality 23
-Melee Physical Damage Level 21 Quality 23
-Ruthless Level 21 Quality 23

-Flesh and stone Level 21 Quality 23
-Maim Level 21 Quality 23
-Blood and Sand Max Level is 6 Quality 23

-Pride Level 21 Quality 23

-Leap Slam Level 21 Quality 23
-Faster Attacks Level 21 Quality 23
-Endurance Charge on Melee stun Level 21 Quality 23
-Blood Magic Support Level 21 Quality 23, Use this instead of endurance charge on Melee Stun or Faster Attacks if you have Mana issues. I prefer getting rid of faster attacks cause I don't mind slower leaps

-Multiple Totems Level 1 Quality 20
-Vaal Ancestral War chief Level 21 Quality 23
-Ancestral Protector Level 21 Quality 23
-Blind Support Level 21 Quality 23

-Blood Rage Level 13 Quality 20
-Enhance Level 2 Quality 20
-Increased Duration Level 21 Quality 23

-Vaal Molten Shell Level 10 Quality 20
-Increased Duration Level 21 Quality 23
-Cast when Damage Taken Level 2 Quality 20
-Phase Run Level 3 Quality 20

Budget Gear

Spoiler

There's not really much this build requires except early on we need Ichimonji for the %reduced mana reserved, but once we get pride has % reduced mana amulet then we can swap to a much higher DPS sword. We can use Lioneye's Remorse early on for all the Armor and Life it gives and its super cheap, but once we get currency or a good drop we want to replace it with a better shield, We lose some life and armor but with the stats I recommend below the trade off is well worth. We also need Oskarm gloves for Assassins mark to make our clearing way better until we get an Assassins mark ring and make sure either 1 of our rings or Amulet has % damage leeched as mana, we need it. The Overwhelming Odd's jewel is very important to the build since we are heavily focused around Fortify and the jewel gives us fortify on hit, We get it in act 5 and it helps a lot.

Gear Affix and Suffix Priority

Here I list The Stats that are desired for our gear. The stats lower on the items lists are super good crafts that i provide as potential upgrades. They aren't needed but will be really good for the build.

Spoiler
Rings
-Life
-Fire,cold, and lightning resistances (whatever we need to get max)
God Stats
-adds # to # physical damage to attacks
-Attack speed
-Crit Chance/Multiplier
+1 to minimum frenzy charge(or power charge if you have frenzy on the other ring)
-if you can afford it than % increased damage

Shaper Ring

ONLY get once we have have enough currency to get a ring with assassins mark and can replace oskarm gloves with either titan or spiked gloves I personally prefer it to be an iron shaper ring for the extra damage

-assassins mark
-life
-adds # to # physical damage to attacks
-% physical attack damage leeched as mana
God Stats
-% increased attack speed
- +1 to minimum frenzy charge(or power charge if you have frenzy on the other ring)
-Crit Change/Multiplier

Amulet
-Life
-dexterity(enough for our gems)
-% of physical attack damage leeched as mana
-Non-channeling skills have -7-6 to total mana cost
-%increased mana Regen rate
God Stats
-% to global critical strike multiplier
-Pride has % reduced mana is a huge upgrade and would help the build tremendously, could potentially upgrade the sword from ichi with this
- +1 to minimum frenzy charge
-Increase area of affect and Increased Area damage

Belt
-Life
-armor
God Stats
-Overwhelm % physical damage reduction
-if you can afford it % increased damage

Gloves
-Life
-% increased armor
-If we need it than some form of resistance
-Adds # to # physical damage to attacks
-attack speed

boots
-life
-Increased armor
- + armor
-% increased movement speed
God Stats
-increased totem placement speed
-Grants Tailwind

Body armor
-Max life
-Dexterity (if you don't have enough from your amulet)
-%increased armor
- + to armor
God Stats
-% additional physical damage reduction
-killed enemies explode dealing % life as physical damage

Shield

We can change our unique shield to one that gives us guaranteed endurance,power, and frenzy charges for lose of a lot of tankiness. These are the stats I recommend

-Life
-Resistances (if needed)
-Gain an Endurance,Frenzy, or Power Charge When you block
-% Increased Attack Speed
-Increased Global Physical Damage
-Socketed Gems have % reduced Mana reserved
-Armor
-Life gained when you block

Jewels

If you don't want to use Thread or For when you get to around 93 and get a Third Jewel Socket

-%Increased Damage with one handed weapons
-%Increased attack speed
-%Increased damage while holding a shield
-%increased Max life
-Increased Damage

More Expensive Gear 1-2Ex

Below is the gear I currently have. I'd say you could get most of this stuff for around 1-2ex or craft it yourself if you get the right bases. My gear is not even good right now and I plan on optimizing it further. Just use the same flasks as me, they are the best for the build Imo
Spoiler

If you need a cheap 6 link you can just buy a Normal or Magic Rarity one with the socket colors we need then slam a Shrieking essence of Greed on it a few times till we get some good stats. Or buy a corrupted one with the sockets we need that has at least life.

Bandits

Kill all 3

Ascendancy Route

Master of metal->Unstoppable Hero->Conqueror->Worthy Foe

You Can get Unstoppable Hero first if you like but you will have to use fortify support until we get the Jewel in Act 5

Pantheon

Major: Lunaris for mapping and Solar for boss's

Minor: Personally I use Shakari or Gruthkul

Annoint's

Ideally we want Fatal Blade annointed on our amulet it gives us a ton of DPS. But if you can't afford it then go for blade dancer until you have thread of hope.

Enchantments

-Only ones required are the helmet and that's +25% or +40% cleave damage
-Boots I like chance to dodge spells if taken spell damage recently
-Gloves % attack speed when killed recently

Leveling Tips

There are a few items that make leveling super easy so if you can get your hands on them I would recommend doing so. Also I state when you can get some early gems that are important for the build. Keep a look out for them.

Leveling uniques

Spoiler

Leveling Gems

Spoiler
-Cleave (Act 1)
-Ruthless (Act 1)
-Melee Physical Damage (Act 2)
-Ruthless Support (Act 3)

-ancestral protector (Act 1)

-Molten Shell (Act 1)

-Blood Rage (Act 2)

-War Banner (Act 1)

-Blood and Sand (Act 1)

-Flesh and Stone (Act 2)
-Maim (Act 1)

These will be our main set ups early.

Thread of Hope

This is a unique jewel that can only drop from Sirus https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sirus,_Awakener_of_Worlds if you are lucky enough to get it when you defeat him at awakened level 4 or 5 then check if it's a large ring. We need a large ring because we want to pick up the Panopticon and Blade dancer node. They increase our damage by a ton. You will have to make sure that you have enough resistances to counter the -15% total resistances the jewel gives. You can see all this in the path of building. click on the level 90 with thread tree in the bottom left

Play style Tips & Video

We want to activate blood rage, throw our totems down into a pack (personally I do Ancestral Warchief first and then Ancestral Protector so i have the attack speed for a longer time) then jump into the pack and let our multistrike cleave kill everything around us. For bosses we want to do the same but avoid their abilities and use our war banner when we have a damage phase and vaal molten shell when we take a lot of damage. Also use Vaal Ancestral Warchief however you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5he0mofycI&feature=youtu.be Here is a video showcasing the play stle of my build on a t16 map. Enjoy

Summary

This is the first build guide/build I have ever made so constructive criticism is appreciated. I have always enjoyed peoples extensive and helpful build guides and wanted to make my own. I hope you enjoy playing my build. Let me know how it goes for you and if you made any improvements to it! Also if you have any tips for improving the guide I would appreciate that it's my first time using all of this.

Last edited by IsneakyI on Jul 28, 2020, 1:01:55 PM
Last bumped on Aug 3, 2020, 2:14:43 PM
Change notes since release: Updated tree to give better nodes for dps, Removed War Banner to fix mana issues. Can still use once we get pride has % reduced mana reserved Amulet.
Last edited by IsneakyI on Jul 26, 2020, 1:21:32 PM
Reserve 2
Can we get some vidyas?
"
tomxlove wrote:
Can we get some vidyas?

What kind of content would you like to see videos of? I could do some stuff with the build just not sure of what
And now add more detailed explanation about why you've got exactly this item/passive/gem. Cause there are a lot of questions. For example, isn't any weapon with some damage better than ~200 pdps Ichimonji?
"
lorrey wrote:
And now add more detailed explanation about why you've got exactly this item/passive/gem. Cause there are a lot of questions. For example, isn't any weapon with some damage better than ~200 pdps Ichimonji?
Yes i will update that. Reason for ichi is the % reduced mana. doesnt work without it until we get pride has % reduced mana amulet
"
IsneakyI wrote:
"
tomxlove wrote:
Can we get some vidyas?

What kind of content would you like to see videos of? I could do some stuff with the build just not sure of what

Anything, maybe even just a map. Im a huge fan of cleave but I don't wanna make a cleave build if I can't see videos on how it plays etc.
"
tomxlove wrote:
"
IsneakyI wrote:
"
tomxlove wrote:
Can we get some vidyas?

Anything, maybe even just a map. Im a huge fan of cleave but I don't wanna make a cleave build if I can't see videos on how it plays etc.
Yeah i can do that. If it inspires people to play it then for sure. I like cleave a lot aswell.
"
tomxlove wrote:
"
IsneakyI wrote:
"
tomxlove wrote:
Can we get some vidyas?

Uploaded a Video. Hope you enjoy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info