Wand vs Sceptre and the Serpent Egg Wand MTX

Hello,

I the love the Serpent Egg Wand MTX! I also love playing the Soulrend Trickster build by Furty. Typically, I am using a wand until I can find/purchase Breath of the Council for the increased chaos damage% and would then switch back to a superior wand at some point that has very specific damage stats.

The problem is the Serpent Egg Wand MTX does not apply to Sceptres and I was wondering why? The visual look of the Serpent Egg Wand almost looks sceptre-like with the bulbous egg atop the wand. So, why cannot the MTX apply to wands and to sceptres?

I just really like this specific Serpent Egg Wand weapon skin in combination with the Crusader weapon effect as it keeps the egg green, but the snake coil turns red, which looks cool, but also the egg staying green looks nice when paired with my shield MTX, the Necrotic Shield and its green visual effects. But, I just cannot achieve the same look with the Breath of the Council Sceptre equipped (no weapon skin) and changing the weapon effects.

So, I guess my question is: why can wand weapon skins not be applied to sceptres?
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2020, 4:51:28 AM
"
EvilBob2U wrote:
Hello,

I the love the Serpent Egg Wand MTX! I also love playing the Soulrend Trickster build by Furty. Typically, I am using a wand until I can find/purchase Breath of the Council for the increased chaos damage% and would then switch back to a superior wand at some point that has very specific damage stats.

The problem is the Serpent Egg Wand MTX does not apply to Sceptres and I was wondering why? The visual look of the Serpent Egg Wand almost looks sceptre-like with the bulbous egg atop the wand. So, why cannot the MTX apply to wands and to sceptres?

I just really like this specific Serpent Egg Wand weapon skin in combination with the Crusader weapon effect as it keeps the egg green, but the snake coil turns red, which looks cool, but also the egg staying green looks nice when paired with my shield MTX, the Necrotic Shield and its green visual effects. But, I just cannot achieve the same look with the Breath of the Council Sceptre equipped (no weapon skin) and changing the weapon effects.

So, I guess my question is: why can wand weapon skins not be applied to sceptres?

Short answer is: no.

For each weapon mtx, it is written on the mtx witch weapon type they can replace. Very few can replace sceptres and wands. Here's an exemple that can:

The serpent egg only replaces wands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info