Trouble with my templar - suggestion

Hi guys, as the title of the post i have many trouble with my character in act3 - merciless.
I'm lv 66 and this is the passive nodes of my lightining strike build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxRNGS4ZhRoyGjgdFCNNJKon7SkuKU8t0jKJNuk62DwtPfxANkE_Q2NEckbXTdhPfVFgUeZVxlfiWGNY9VnzZp5nm2e9cU1yqXflfLh82YBWgpuExIuMjHaPRpBVms-boZ3Enz6iAKeEqZWsqrQvtPm3Mbc-ud3AGsT2xq7G2M9l0NDUj97B4XPjauSt52PsOO0g7m_vDvAf8i_yRfrS_go=

Now my templar has 2,9 k of hp, 900 es, all the elemental resistence around 50-60%.

This is my equipe:

The problems are that i get more damage also with the enduring charge and i deal small damage.
Any suggestion to increase the offensive and defensive power of the build?
thanks for the answers.

my templar also has similar problems with DPS, although he is decently tanky.

you could try attaching melee physical dmg passive and melee dmg on full life to the lightning strike since its based off of phys dmg. you could even use added fire damage passive on your lightning strike since its also a percentage conversion from phys damage and you have those weapon ele dmg nodes as well as weapon elemental damage support gem.

you could also use hatred aura, since thats also a % conversion of your phys dmg.

try to get a main hand weapon that has higher melee dmg bonus instead, since the lightning dmg is just 50% of your phys dmg, so a focus on phys damage sounds like a better idea.

as for being defensive, you could go get the less mana reserved passives and run multiple auras such as determination, vitality, and purity.

personally i'd ditch the ES and go straight up armor since without ES cooldown passives it takes a while for that ES to get back up; but with lots of armor and determination aura, you could get up to 50% phys dmg reduction.

i'd also ditch those 8% HP nodes that don't connect to a bigger HP node and also try to get trolls blood and that 1% HP regen node @ the templar area for a good and high regen.

this is my build right now, and although he does piss poor dps dmg (1326 for heavy strike, 978 for lightning strike, and 2170 for molten shell) and has a poor HP pool (2058-2203 depending on shield) he can have over 100 HP regen per sec, 55% phys dmg reduction, and still solo barracks with a little kiting.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDH0QfxNbFCAVUBkuGjIdFCNNJIsn7SkuNro26T0PQDZEckbXTdhPfVBHUFBRYFRJVcZV1lcNWGNZ818_ZOdmnmebcql8u3zZgFaBb4TEi4yMdozPj0aQVZ48ns2iAKcIpzCplayqtPm4k7ndwBrEFcT2xp7G2M9l0NDSIdSP2WHhc-Nq51LtIO8O8B_yL_Kc8932SPrS

the gear consists of:

with these shields as other options to use depending on situation (crest of perandus for when I actually turn on tempest shield because of the high block chance, which is rarely since I don't have any lightning dmg or spell dmg nodes)

thanks for the answer. the problem is that i'm very unlucky to drop good gear and gem XD
Now i move the passive tree on the right to get iron grip, maybe it can increase the projectile damage of lightinig strike and i added lesser multile projectile.
Last edited by Oni123 on Mar 25, 2013, 3:57:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info