Freezing on legion , metamorph , betreyal , opening chests sometimes , and lately harvest

I´ve had trouble with my game freezing before and i didnt really knew how to handle them but this league made it worse for some reason.

Everytime the metamorph-encounter spawns adds my game freezes for 2-5 seconds, my ping spikes my fps goes to back to 25-ish after the game unfreezes and im usually dead when the game catches up.

Its the worst on legion-encounters, where the game can freeze for 6 seconds.

Opening chests freezes the game sometimes for about 1-2 seconds , and this league opening the harvest pod freezes the game for 0.5-1 seconds.

Betreyal encounter cause the same problems , but not all the time , sometimes the fps will just drop to 10 or something , and maybe it will freeze for 1 second when I get intervention encounter.

Also every time some mechanic is used or a map is opened and i port in ,the mobs wont really render properly, so they are for the most part invisible or completely black (legion-mobs) , and maybe after a few seconds they render properly.

Playing on:
Win10
i5 4690k 3.5 Ghz
geforce gtx 1070 8gb
16gb ram

game is installed on an SSD.

i´ve tried on every setting in-game, low, high, recommended,multithreading on/off,dynamic resolution on/off, Vulcan on/off(helped a little), predictive on( helped somewhat , but in a minor way)
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2020, 7:20:22 AM
Same shit here... i can only lvl my warrior class... my other classes die due this this (/"!%¤"!/¤ freezing all the time.. mine is max 2 sec. but more then enuff to kill a caster class...

just have to love this Harvest leaque,,!!!
Yup, I have the same problem. Drox banners in maps do the same thing for me. It's not even 100% consistent; sometimes things run smoothly, but sometimes I get horrible stuttering as you describe. I really wish we could get some kind of word from GGG on this, as it's really detracting from an otherwise enjoyable league.
same here, freez 2-3sec on every league mechanic on the game ( even with boxes )
It looks like the problem is the size of the Content.ggpk file.

After using the ggpk_defragment program, the game has returned to normal before Harvest league (this solves all my problems with freezes).
The Content.ggpk file size has been reduced from 38.5GB to 25.4GB and the game is now not freezing when monsters appear or any other league-mechanic content like metamorph, legion, box or stonewatcher map etc.

there is a problem with freezes in the game, GGG did something very bad with this file.

now i have delated Content.ggpk file and downloading fresh (non re-patched one) from GGG.

Before i use ggpk_defragment program couldnt enter on Rapmarts map at my laptop (due loading time) - now i can.

Defragmentation (or fresh download) of Content.ggpk file solve all my problems on potato-PC.
I have the same problems on

i5-6600K
16GB Ram
RTX2070
Crucial SSD
Win10 64

Will try the defrag thing and report later.

The defrag shaved off around 1.5GB of my file (to ~25GB from ~26.5GB), but it didn't change anything performance-wise at all unfortunately, but thanks for the recommendation regardless.
Last edited by XenoPOE on Jul 7, 2020, 10:46:53 AM
found a solution that kind of helped , I recommend trying it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/him2l4/for_those_struggling_with_performance_even_with/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

most helpful was disabling the nvidia sound drivers.
Last edited by PinjaNinja on Jul 7, 2020, 5:37:03 PM
Tried the sound thing too with 0 effect.

.edit: For me it helped to DISable particle culling. Despite making no sense whatsoever, this removed my stutters in Delirium. Will report if it also helped with Legion and/or Harvest encounters later.
Last edited by XenoPOE on Jul 7, 2020, 7:03:10 PM
Ok I found out some more things. Dynamic Culling wasn't the option that helped my FPS, but I disabled ALL of my MTX at the same time.

While I had one MTX active in particular (Celestial Soulrend) that causes performance issues (as is confirmed by GGG), I was able to noticably improve my stutter/FPS problems by just deactivating all my MTX.

I still tend to get frame drops during Legions and Harvest encounters, however the game doesn't completely freeze anymore and is so at least somewhat playable.

While still a stretch, maybe it might help a few, it's at least easy to try out.
Last edited by XenoPOE on Jul 8, 2020, 7:20:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info