[PS4] Hard freeze shutdown, requires console power cycle

Twice now in 24 hours PoE has hard locked with an audible buzz, and sent my PS4 Pro into shutdown.

I rebuilt my database after the first instance last night and it has happened again just now.

I got an audio buzz, my screen went black, my controller powered off and the PS4 is on with a white light and unresponsive.

The only way to get it out of this state is to hold the power button for 10 seconds to force the PS4 to shut down. I can then restart the console, going into the usual safety checks.

I am running a PS4 Pro with stock drive, with about 400GB free in storage.

Please look into this. This is unacceptable performance, especially with no way to know what sort of damage is happening during this process.

Edit: For reference I had just traveled from the Grove to my Hideout. About 1 second after I saw my Hideout, the game shut down my PS4.

Yes, I am aware GGG is chasing Heisenbugs all over the place, but there is a difference between crashing your game and crashing the whole system.

Last edited by Icemage_999 on Jul 3, 2020, 5:10:04 AM
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2020, 7:00:24 PM
(Xbox) this has happened to my xbox twice. I stopped playing until it can be fixed.
Same thing happened to me. I originally thought that the console overheated but maybe that’s not the case, or maybe the game caused it to overheat
Happened to me twice, it's crazy. I mean how they give us a game that crashes the whole PS4 system?! It's clearly a performance issue, they should reduce de graphic quality on PS4, we wouldn't mind, I just want to play the game without worrying about crashing or dying due to lag. I don't care about flashy, colourful, perfect graphics.
"
HC9919 wrote:
Same thing happened to me. I originally thought that the console overheated but maybe that’s not the case, or maybe the game caused it to overheat

No it didn't overheat. The ps4 will kick out a error message if it overheats. I believe it will give you a warning if its getting to hot.
"
leoawyes wrote:
Happened to me twice, it's crazy. I mean how they give us a game that crashes the whole PS4 system?! It's clearly a performance issue, they should reduce de graphic quality on PS4, we wouldn't mind, I just want to play the game without worrying about crashing or dying due to lag. I don't care about flashy, colourful, perfect graphics.

I wonder if it isn't the 740,000 pieces of useless loot that is on the ground. I mean have you even hit L3 to lookat it all or worse yet turned the filter off

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info