PSA: Guide to Explode chest, deterministic crafting for a GG Chest

"
Just wanted to share how I pretty easily crafted my explode chest, and how I plan to make it as strong as possible by the end of the league using only deterministic crafting. Wish me luck!

Base: ilvl 86 (85 will work but cant get T1 life) crusader chest. Mine is a Full Dragonscale. Astral Plate is probly best but has high strength requirement. This should work on any base type.

Spam Essence of Contempt (1c each), or Jagged fossils (3c) until hitting "Phys taken as Lightning" Prefix and "Reflects X Physical Damage to Melee Attackers" Prefix with one open Prefix and one open Suffix

Bench Craft any Suffix

Use "Augment Phys mod" Harvest craft for guaranteed explode mod (T1 Wild Hellion Seed)

This is now a usable explode chest, its biggest cost is the time to get "Augment Phys Mod."The following crafts are what I will do over time as I find the seeds/crafts

Bench Craft Prefixes can’t be changed Suffix and scour (2ex)

Bench Craft Fire Resist Suffix

Use "Remove Fire, add Fire" Harvest craft until you get T1 Fire Resist (T1 Wild Ape Seed)

This can ONLY remove the Fire Resist, and can ONLY add Fire Resist

Bench Craft Cold Resist Suffix

Use "Remove Cold, add Cold" Harvest craft until you get T1 Cold Resist (T1 Vivid Scorpion Seed)

This can ONLY remove the Cold Resist, and can ONLY add Cold Resist

Use "Remove Lightning add Lightning" Harvest craft until "Phys taken as Lightning" is removed for Lightning Resist (T1 Primal Dustspitter Seed).

This can ONLY remove the "Phys taken as Lightning", and add "Phys taken as Lightning" OR Lightning Resist

Bench Craft Life

Use "Remove Lightning, add Lightning" Harvest craft until you get T1 Lightning Resist (T1 Primal Dustspitter Seed)

This can ONLY remove the Lightning Resist, and can ONLY add Lightning Resist

Use "Remove Life, add Life" Harvest craft until you get T1 Life (T1 Vivid Weta Seed)

This can ONLY remove the Max Life, and can add Max Life OR Max Life+Armor/Evade/ES

Use Vorici bench while he is leader of research in Betrayal untill I get 3 white sockets.

The goal is to have this chest by the end.

+(120–129) to maximum Life

Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage

Reflects X Physical Damage to Melee Attackers

+(46–48)% to Fire Resistance

+(46–48)% to Cold Resistance

+(46–48)% to Lightning Resistance

Edit: You wont need to wait until you get a T1 resist to move to the next ele res. You can bench craft fire, remove/add fire, then go right to cold and just use the remove/add mods as you find them. This is the same with life. Just make sure to do them in order or you could brick it, and go for all the T1s once all prefix/suffixes are set.

There are some other options as well, you can use the "Augment Crit Mod"(T2 Primal Viper Grain) to get Power Charge on Crit instead of Fire or Cold res, or "Augment Chaos Mod" (T1 Primal Maw Seed) and "Remove Chaos, add Chaos" (T1 Primal Maw Seed) to get T1 Chaos Resist instead of Fire or Cold.

Credit:- https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hip1wg/guide_to_explode_chest_deterministic_crafting_for/
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2020, 2:46:07 PM
Looks good, I could use something like that. Now it's just a question of how many maps to play in order to get those seeds.
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
Looks good, I could use something like that. Now it's just a question of how many maps to play in order to get those seeds.

i'd prepare like 500 maps :P
d:-D*
I friggin' love this game.

"Just wanted to share how I pretty easily crafted my explode chest..."

Proceeds to share a 42-step flow chart.

This is why I would rather buy my items than whatever this abomination is that's called "crafting".
- here's my sig
Much better to awakener orb the mod onto something if you're gonna be spending that much effort anyways, otherwise you still end up with a chest with reflect and no other cool mods. Also very good to awakener orb chests this league because you can get 2 good mods you want, then guarantee you get life and something like spell/attack crit if you want them.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
"

This is why I would rather buy my items than whatever this abomination is that's called "crafting".

I think it's reflective of how poorly people understand the english language.

But more than anything I think it's just someone proud to have figured something out and get a pat on the back, like Claire from the BA Test Kitchen.
Yep, totally over league play.
Easily

42 steps repeatable.

You have english problem.

If crafting doesn't get to be 15 steps max then I wouldn't call it crafting, ESPECIALLY with a game that virtually has very few in-game instruction and every try cost actual progression.

there is a reason more than half of players never touch anything called crafting except the bench.
Need more frontal assets and backal assets armor!
What the f...
so, did he actually crafted it? or he just wants to say it's possible?
"

LMAO ikr
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info