How come one exalted orb is worth 200 chaos right now?

At this exact moment the trading league is facing the fact that 1 exalted orb is worth 200 chaos...
Are bots ruining the game? We all know that no hard actions are taken against them. Global chat constantly flowing with messages of RMT aren't fought fiercly because we all know GGG is not only complicit with it but conniving.
I understand that making money out of RMT is actually the real deal in PoE, but this is out of control and is demanding control now before everything is lost.
A simple change on the chaos recipe would correct 80% of all the bot problem. Make a chaos recipe become an Alchemy recipe if ilvl is below 70/75 and boom, most bots will be gone. Who needs chaos orbs more than alchs on Campaign mode anyway?
GGG is ruining their own game because of greed. Do you expect things will change on PoE 2.0?
Last edited by RATM_82 on Jun 30, 2020, 5:43:01 PM
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2020, 11:22:47 PM
Why - because reforges are easier in seedland but augment is still very rare after level 35, not to mention the high end receipes requiring exalts.

Will it be the same - who knows, its not particularly good or bad, just depends on your luck. If you find a good number of exalts compared to normal, you can trade them for more chaos than usual for things like delve crafting materials.

If you dont, much harder to get them.
chaos are worthless and exalts are always worth

but ultimately the reason why exalts are 200 chaos is because ppl are willing to pay 200 chaos for an exalt. once ppl are no longer willing to pay that much, the price will slowly fall.
"
trixxar wrote:
Why - because reforges are easier in seedland but augment is still very rare after level 35, not to mention the high end receipes requiring exalts.

Will it be the same - who knows, its not particularly good or bad, just depends on your luck. If you find a good number of exalts compared to normal, you can trade them for more chaos than usual for things like delve crafting materials.

If you dont, much harder to get them.

I dont think the league mechanic's handful of chaos rolls every 6 maps has much of anything to do with the cost of exalts.

Its more piss poor drops, no loot, and bots.

I mean in other leagues, if you really were using all your chaos to spam items, you find more chaos in a map or 2 than your entire garden's worth of spamming over the 6 maps it takes to spawn them. And then, how many people are just storing it anyways?

I dont think the actual garden has much of anything to do with why its that high, except for the fact they dont drop anything.

Lack of loot, tons of bots.
"
Destructodave wrote:

I dont think the actual garden has much of anything to do with why its that high, except for the fact they dont drop anything.

Lack of loot, tons of bots.

Hmm, I get maybe 10 free chaos worth of reforges per 4 maps. And they are targeted so better than chaos.

I have no idea what an average amount of maps per day is, but if it was 50 maps a day, thats 120 free chaos a day...

Maybe multiply by 2 cause you get better rolls, so 240 a day.

That to me would make chaos worth a lot less. Who knows, you could be right though.
idk about others but i've found 2 as a drops so far.. so perhaps this time the prize is high because they are rare?
d:-D*
Let us step back and look at this logically. RMT farmers prioritize selling exalted orbs. Buying off the market reduces supply while the demand stays the same, jacking up the price. Jacking up the in-game price makes people more likely to turn to alternative methods (RMT) as well as increasing the RMT value. I could say it increases their stock, but lets face it, they get more than enough from botting.

GGG bans bots by the hundreds, thousands, ten thousands? We don't really know, but based off various complaints from actual players getting banned for botting, I doubt most bots last more than 24 hours. The problem is a smart person can script just about anything. Script generating an email (very easy if they own their own server), script generating an account/character, script leveling, script obtaining MF gear, script low level maps.

Basically, they can probably with 1 click create a bot to play nonstop until GGG bans the account. Spread out the wealth among various mule accounts, and you now can have thousands of accounts directing profit to you for little to no effort.

Now look at it from GGG's perspective. It took the farmer all of 2 seconds to create an account. That's 1800 accounts an hour and dozens of farmers. GGG's algorithms have to detect, verify, and ban accounts. This takes time so that legitimate accounts aren't accidentally targeted. While technically a bannable offense, GGG wouldn't last long if they banned everyone who ever once created a multi-flask macro.
More demand due to better crafting flexibility.

More demand = higher prices

It's not because of some magic they added or lower drop rates, it's just a more highly desirable currency with gardens.
"
RATM_82 wrote:
and is demanding control now before everything is lost.
A simple change on the chaos recipe would correct 80% of all the bot problem. Make a chaos recipe become an Alchemy recipe if ilvl is below 70/75 and boom, most bots will be gone. Who needs chaos orbs more than alchs on Campaign mode anyway?

Even easier, make them BoA, or if store them in your crafting bench/map device as craft.
Last edited by DasName on Jul 1, 2020, 2:50:59 AM
Because their drop was reduced. Note that the price jumped extremely fast before people even figured out the full list of harvest crafts. Also most offers for exalt purchase offer several. Overall their number was reduced.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jul 1, 2020, 3:16:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info