Fla_Panther's Harvest Garden Layout

Hey everyone! I thought now would be a good time to share my Harvest garden layout.

First, I want to thank Tripolar Bear for his layout, seeing what he did taught be a few things in a matter of seconds that might have taken me an hour to figure out if I'd had to start from scratch. That said, it looked like his layout was optimized for a solo player, hatching T3/T4 seeds with the least number of seeds needed. But I saw what looked like a bottleneck, and also an opportunity to optimize for total output, so that's what I did. You can find the layout in a Google drive folder here and I put a walkthrough video here.

My plot has almost twice as many T1 seeds, and counting all seeds overall my layout has room for 2.25x as many seeds. This will require more work, so this layout may be best for a guild who can funnel all the necessary T1 seeds to one farmer. Another option could be to have two farmers in the guild (one focusing his entire garden on nothing but T1 plots to crank out T2 seeds), however the other will still need the T1 plots in my layout because we can't trade stored lifeforce.

Also, if you do max out the T4 plots you could spawn up to 18 Tier 4 bosses (in 3 groups of 6), which could be a fun challenge for a party of top level players, and might be something you could sell access to. Since everyone would be within 2 screens XP should be plentiful to be had.

A few notes:

-- I included trade links in the spreadsheet.
-- I estimated that at maximum capacity the garden will need 20 storage tanks of each color, and that is what the layout has.
-- It looked to me like some of the dispersers in TPB's layout were wasting 50% of their juice. I optimized the layout to reduce that. It will mean needing to swap dispensers and collectors in a few places, but I think the increased output more than makes up for it.
-- Technically all three 'variants' of T4 seeds use all three colors of lifeforce, so plots 13-15 are duplicates. Depending on how many T4 seeds the plots actually generate you could convert blocks 13 & 14 into extra storage.
-- Similarly, each of the T2 seeds come in two varieties that both use the same plot layout. You can mix and match them in the same plot.

Regarding the possible bottleneck at T2/T3 I saw in TPB's layout... here are the numbers of each tier's seeds in his laout and mine:

T1 T2 T3 T4
216 -> 27 -> 24 -> 12 (279 total)
456 -> 96 -> 66 -> 18* (636 total)

* Maybe as low as 6, if you convert blocks 13 & 14 into extra storage.

I think there won't be enough room to convert T2 seeds into T3, which means you'll either have to wait longer before you can maximize his layout or maybe waste a lot of lifeforce being dispersed over barren ground. In my layout if you have a smaller number of seeds only plant one of the plots, not multiple.

Questions, comments welcome!
Last edited by Fla_Panther on Jun 28, 2020, 8:12:51 PM
Last bumped on Jul 6, 2020, 1:50:20 AM
Thanks for sharing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info