[3.12] Memoria's Wintertide Vortex Trickster [All content, SSF & HC Viable]

"
northerlol wrote:
Is PoB calculating wintertide damage correctly?

No. It just tells you the DPS you have with 1 brand on the stages you have defined in the config tab.

Usually you will have 3 brand on the boss, but all three with different stages.
How fast you reach the higher stages depends on cast speed.

correct DPS is probably going to be around 12-15stages DPS * 3
I league started wintertide trickster before there were any guides and it looks like our builds ended up in almost the exact same spot, very similar trees and gear even down to cluster jewel nodes. I was running WoC arcanist brands for exposure and proc EO while leveling, and just never switched it because the damage has been fine. Now that I’m farming aw8, UE, etc. need that last bit of dmg to speed things up a bit, so going to spec into EE. Was actually thinking SB+ chain for EE/EO because of all the brand passives already taken on tree and better range vis holy conquest and seeker runes- any reason OOS is better or just your personal preference?
Bro, can you please check my POB variation for mistakes?) Thanks in advance for your answer) I built that variant relying on you POB and poe.ninja boys) I am a novice and i am learning POB now) https://pastebin.com/zjbgGTXJ
Last edited by TheDoubleFreeze on Jul 18, 2020, 8:18:00 PM
I found this guide a bit... odd. The stuff that the guide is suggesting differs from the PoB itself. Such as the thread of hope, I see no thread of hope allocated in the PoB, not even a single one of them which is....?

Btw there's a mistake in the Trickster vs Occultist, where you said "Compared to Heiro", it should be "Compared to Occultist".

Btw, occultist and trickster should be getting the same amount of regen on kill. On top of that occultist can't be chilled nor frozen so that's another part of the QoL. On top of that explosions improve survivability against on death effects while trickster have none.

I believe there are a lot of mechanics behind wintertide brand but you didn't explained it at all, because when I chuck the pob in I saw that it has a "Wintertide Brand stages" and I was confused on what I was looking at. I tried to look everywhere around the guide and I didn't saw that you mentioned anything about that particular mechanic. Leech won't work on this build at all, rather get something like regen instead.

Also, won't Deep Chill be better compared to Cold-blood killer?

For the belt, bated breath did a better job imo, you only drop 1k dps which is not noticeable at all, and you gain like final +200 es.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jul 19, 2020, 7:59:21 AM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
I found this guide a bit... odd. The stuff that the guide is suggesting differs from the PoB itself. Such as the thread of hope, I see no thread of hope allocated in the PoB, not even a single one of them which is....?

Btw there's a mistake in the Trickster vs Occultist, where you said "Compared to Heiro", it should be "Compared to Occultist".

Btw, occultist and trickster should be getting the same amount of regen on kill. On top of that occultist can't be chilled nor frozen so that's another part of the QoL. On top of that explosions improve survivability against on death effects while trickster have none.

I believe there are a lot of mechanics behind wintertide brand but you didn't explained it at all, because when I chuck the pob in I saw that it has a "Wintertide Brand stages" and I was confused on what I was looking at. I tried to look everywhere around the guide and I didn't saw that you mentioned anything about that particular mechanic. Leech won't work on this build at all, rather get something like regen instead.

Also, won't Deep Chill be better compared to Cold-blood killer?

For the belt, bated breath did a better job imo, you only drop 1k dps which is not noticeable at all, and you gain like final +200 es.

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll check the POB later but I suggest the threads if you have enough res, saves up a bunch of points.

10% ES regen on occultist is nice but we get more from patient reaper and ghost dance. Combined with high ES/evasion chest we get a very nice boost to survivability.
Explode on chest is easy to get for explosions but I'll add it together with non-chill as plus.

Deep chill is slightly better and if you could get both of them on the same jewel that would be nice.

Bated breath is fine as a budget choice but a crafted rare is better later on. This build was made 3 weeks ago with low budget gear, its mainly a guideline but Im gonna update it when Im back from my vacation.
Last edited by Memoria_Gaming on Jul 20, 2020, 6:48:37 AM
What do you guys recommend to lvl it up? Wintertide brand? thanks!

EDIT: nvm.. just saw the lvl 30 POB.. got my answer there xD
Last edited by hornypig on Aug 12, 2020, 3:08:24 PM
Thanks for your work on this guide! I've never used a brand character before, but this was way stronger than the builds I had used previously.
Last edited by kittcg on Sep 3, 2020, 9:48:46 AM
Not really much different in 3.12, still a solid and fun league starter!
Hi,

I just bought thread of hope with very large ring but area does not cover with the notes that i would like to pick. Has the three changed or am i missing something ?

Thanks
Is this build league start viable for 3.13 and next league 3.14? Are there any change in the trees?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info