Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Question about the static blows cluster

A friend and I are making a duo and large part of this team is shock stacking.

My question is if you are dealing mainly lightning damage, is it worth it to take all three nodes? I notice that most of the lightning dps builds take only the first two. I was watching Kripparians stream one night, and he stated that the first and third node are worth it to take but the second node is pretty bad so it's not worth it.

If you are doing pure lightning damage to obtain shock stacks is it worth it to take all three, two, or just the first? Does the 10% chance from the second node lose it's effectiveness on the higher level mobs?

I've read a lot of information but can't seem to find an answer.

If you are using arc to stack is it worth it take all three nodes?
The duration of the shock debuff is initially determined by how much damage you do to the target.

According to the wiki on status ailments, shock debuff last 276ms (or .276 seconds) per 1% of max life you take off the enemy. The addition of the first passive gives you 45% increased duration, or .400 seconds of shock per 1% life taken. The addition of the third passive to this would give you 60% duration, or .441 seconds of shock per 1% life taken.

So to answer your question, you must ask yourself if .041 of a second is worth a passive. I'd say probably not, however it could mean the difference between a stack falling off or not, especially if multiple people in your party are shock stacking.

Additionally, keep in mind that these numbers scale both up and down. It's even less effective if you are doing <1% of the target's max health in damage, and even more effective if you are doing >1% of the target's max health in damage. If you were doing 5% of the targets max health, then it would be .276*5=1.38 seconds, 1.38*1.45=2 seconds, 1.38*1.6=2.2 seconds. .2 extra seconds sounds a lot more impressive than .041 extra seconds, but is still 15% extra.

Disclaimer: I'm only an average player, and the above are just assumptions I'm making based on the wiki. There may be some other mechanic in play, of which I am not aware.
It's all about relative shocks vs time.

If you're actually shocking things 20% of the time you're highly unlikely to need increased duration. The chance is the only thing you need.

Conversely the chance gets pretty bad if you get a good amount of crit. At 30% crit the nodes are only giving you 7% adjusted chance to shock each. In other words they're making 10% of your non-crits shock.

So really if you have crit you only want one node if you want any at all. IF you don't have crit you want two. Taking three is rarely going to be of any use to you in general practice, because if you're stacking shocks you're not going to need additional duration.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
when u have 140%, 15% is so low.Truth is 3rd node give you (15/140)% = 10,7% more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info