What means RNG?!

"
Random Nummer Generator

Google is your friend

Wiki's outdated mixup and Google's Orwellian bias are the reason people are asking PathofExile over 3rd person company.
Rares Not Guaranteed.
Forum Tip: if you want a faster response from me, quote my post! Hit the button to the right of the post. This sends me a message so I can notice you sooner!

Guide: League Merges

Definitely not a member of the Immortal Syndicate.
I wonder where the actual generator is situated
It's not a thing, it's some computer code that's part of the game executable (on the server). There are a lot of different ways "random" numbers can be produced, the most common being using the computer's clock time as a random seed and doing some math on it to get the size/type of number you need. That's not REALLY random, but it's close enough :)
There have been problems in the past using the clock... turns out there's not all that many possible times. Even measured in microseconds, there are just so many possible times in the day, and thus only so many "random" numbers. You can analyze "knowns" and decide which seed you're currently using. That's how they broke the code on Poker Stars and were able to find out what other players had in their hands.

Current hardcore RNG use thermal info as well as humanistic concerns like mouse position/velocity/accelerations. There's all sorts of better seeds out there than time of day.
THE DICE ARE AN ILLUSION EXILE
"
Completed 13 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
There have been problems in the past using the clock... turns out there's not all that many possible times. Even measured in microseconds, there are just so many possible times in the day, and thus only so many "random" numbers. You can analyze "knowns" and decide which seed you're currently using. That's how they broke the code on Poker Stars and were able to find out what other players had in their hands.

Current hardcore RNG use thermal info as well as humanistic concerns like mouse position/velocity/accelerations. There's all sorts of better seeds out there than time of day.
first of all pretty sure it was planet poker, not pokerstars (as it would be a big scandal). second, it wasnt completely because of seed synchronization, but rather bad algorithm (seed was only stored in so many bits so it could be brute forced). the hackers behind it synchronized their program with the server clock and brute forced the cards and synced on every match...which was rather trivial even back then
"
Completed 13 ChallengesRedOrNoThing wrote:
"RNG blabla RNG is RNG blabla more RNG for you blabla in races RNG awesome "

WTF IS RNG?!?!?!

I guess you don't know what Google is either.
"
Completed 26 Challengesgrepman wrote:
"
Completed 13 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:

first of all pretty sure it was planet poker, not pokerstars (as it would be a big scandal). second, it wasnt completely because of seed synchronization, but rather bad algorithm (seed was only stored in so many bits so it could be brute forced). the hackers behind it synchronized their program with the server clock and brute forced the cards and synced on every match...which was rather trivial even back then

yah... that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info