[3.14] Gryph's Thirsty Archmage Cremation Necromancer

"
Ravensfang wrote:
Quick reminder for you to make a
full speed no looting maximum effort all out Minotaur run with the full build :P

Ask and you shall receive:

Minotaur Run. Build Game Play Demo

Also made a small update to the guide. Turns out Increased Duration is 100000% better than Increased AOE on Desecrate as it boosts Arcane Surge duration. Just one of those things that didn't occur to me at first (derp!).
I know this is not related to this build specifically, but what do you think it would be to basically run the same kind of defenses but with Scold's Bridle, to kind of do what you did with your old VD build? Arcane Cloak on a CwdT to shield/regen mana with dynamo, Voidbringer as gloves for increased mana costs and The Agnostic to negate the self damage!

Though I don't think you can fit Skyforth in there with that many uniques, but still I'm wondering how that would go hahaha.

Sorry, I know it's not really related, but the fact that this build's defenses might fit very well with the other one, it got me thinking!
"
Gardosuro wrote:
I know this is not related to this build specifically, but what do you think it would be to basically run the same kind of defenses but with Scold's Bridle, to kind of do what you did with your old VD build? Arcane Cloak on a CwdT to shield/regen mana with dynamo, Voidbringer as gloves for increased mana costs and The Agnostic to negate the self damage!

Though I don't think you can fit Skyforth in there with that many uniques, but still I'm wondering how that would go hahaha.

Sorry, I know it's not really related, but the fact that this build's defenses might fit very well with the other one, it got me thinking!

I would prefer to keep discussions on the Scold's build on the scold's thread but....

I've mentioned using Agnostic+MoM combo on the VD Scold's build before and is where I would take it now if I were to play it. I just don't think it's that strong anymore overall.

But to clarify a couple things:

We get our damage on this build from Archmage. CWC+Scold's Cannot take advantage of that.

Dynamo does not work with triggered Guard skills as you have to "use" them. IE:Actually cast it.

Also using any guard skill on Scold's will ruin your damage and CWDT procs during its duration.
Oh damn, good find about Increased duration on it :O

Btw nice Mino run, was so fast and he died quickly haha
This build is insanely strong, the most powerful I ever played.
Thanks Gryphenprey, keep the good stuff going! :)
Sup bro,

is it possible to play on HC with this one?
I know dan had some serious play with cremation during SSF and after that trade HC.
Saw Dan and Lily playing this and thought of giving it a try but did not know where to start. Thanks for the guide!

Edit: I might actually start to have fun this league. Most of the builds were really boring or got nerfed (not mega-nerfs but nerfed enough that the nuances were too hard to overlook).
Last edited by Ezciel on Jul 7, 2020, 7:39:32 AM
"
Ezciel wrote:
Saw Dan and Lily playing this and thought of giving it a try but did not know where to start. Thanks for the guide!

Edit: I might actually start to have fun this league. Most of the builds were really boring or got nerfed (not mega-nerfs but nerfed enough that the nuances were too hard to overlook).

I had to go look up Dan because of these two comments. I had no idea who these two were. His version is definitely HC focused with over 7k life.

"
fredstars wrote:
Sup bro,

I know dan had some serious play with cremation during SSF and after that trade HC.

I would definitely say this is HC viable. I would likely pass on healthy mind though for more eHP. that tends to be more important than damage in HC. :P
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Ezciel wrote:

I had to go look up Dan because of these two comments. I had no idea who these two were. His version is definitely HC focused with over 7k life.

"
fredstars wrote:
Sup bro,

I would definitely say this is HC viable. I would likely pass on healthy mind though for more eHP. that tends to be more important than damage in HC. :P

Dan is arguably the best Hardcore POE player and one of the game's greatest theorycrafters, highly recommend paying attention to whatever he's playing. :)
livejamie
This build is so fun! A lot of button pressing though but still it is a really well-thought out build!

I leveled SS - Arc/Wave/BL (which is how i level most templar/witch) but got bored around lvl 60. I had a 60 archmage from a failed BL Hiero so i transitioned to Cremation.

I only have 4L's for now but it is so much fun! The corpse regen + Agnostic + MoM + all the other mana synergies really carry this build to the next level.

Edit: Is Skyforth's really necessary overall? Was thinking of using Dream Fragments to further boost mana/damage and then use a two-toned as boots for the resists.
Last edited by Ezciel on Jul 8, 2020, 9:09:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info