[3.14] Gryph's Thirsty Archmage Cremation Necromancer

Hopefully this doesn't feel rude to ask, but what is the difference between your build and Octavian? thinking about league-starting this build but just wondering the differences.
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
Hopefully this doesn't feel rude to ask, but what is the difference between your build and Octavian? thinking about league-starting this build but just wondering the differences.

There probably aren't many to be honest. I haven't looked at his but typically the biggest difference between mine and others is the use of Kitava's Thirst to get extra triggered spells.
Will we use pinpoint/intensify since they wont be bugged, i see the gem links are still the same in the guide s i wasn't sure
"
Frauztea wrote:
Will we use pinpoint/intensify since they wont be bugged, i see the gem links are still the same in the guide s i wasn't sure

Also wondering this, I keep hearing they bring a huge dps boost to Cremation now.
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
"
Frauztea wrote:

Also wondering this, I keep hearing they bring a huge dps boost to Cremation now.

Yes, new links should be:

Cremation - Archmage - Intensify - Pinpoint - GMP - Ele Focus

If you want fewer but harder hitting projectiles you can go Lightning Pen instead of GMP.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 13, 2021, 10:51:16 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
"
Frauztea wrote:

If you want fewer but harder hitting projectiles you can go Lightning Pen instead of GMP.

How big of a DPS boost are we getting from the bug fixes?
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
"
Frauztea wrote:

Thanks, so would you recommend swapping in pen for bigger bosses then?
"
"
Frauztea wrote:

Thanks, so would you recommend swapping in pen for bigger bosses then?

Maybe? I'd have to actually look at it in POB. GMP is less effective if you have other sources of +Projectiles as a damage multiplier. But if you have no other sources of extra projectiles then it takes you from 4 to 8 proj per second which straight up doubles your DPS potential. It also have a big mana multiplier.

I am working on some updates for the build as I really haven't touched the guide since Harvest, but I've played it twice since.

I have since incorporated things like Essence Worm+Wrath(optional), Sigil of Power, Void Sphere etc...

For example, I think this setup is really nice:

Ritual league looks like as good a time as any to take advantage of Void Sphere drawing in all nearby enemies. We have a flex slot in the helmet that I am currently slotting Chaos Golem into for more Phys Damage reduction.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 13, 2021, 11:53:21 PM
Alright thanks for answering my questions, looking forward to the updates and playing this in Ritual league.
[Deleted]
Last edited by Ethario on Jan 14, 2021, 12:28:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info