[3.14] Gryph's Thirsty Archmage Cremation Necromancer

"
hjeunm wrote:
" Remember with 50% MoM Every 1 life we gain is 2x as effective. "

I don't understand this part, can you explain?

Half our damage is take from mana instead of life. So as long as our mana doesn't run out, we effectively doubled our life. (Or at least the amount of damage we can take before we die)
I'm going to try out this build, was a really big fan of your VD Cyclone build!

I hope you elaborate this guide a lot, it looks really promising and fun!

Cheers!
"
Gardosuro wrote:
I'm going to try out this build, was a really big fan of your VD Cyclone build!

I hope you elaborate this guide a lot, it looks really promising and fun!

Cheers!

hey thanks! So far it's going great! I'm always making little updates and fixes as I go or when something is brought to my attention.

Will work on more videos soon.

Added a Map Mods and Bandits/Pantheon/Ascendancies sections.
Noticed you got your hands on the enchant 1 more cremation geyser on your helmet ! Nice one ! Did you see a huge impact ? Probably more on bosses ? How much did you pay for that early this league :O

As for myself, I bought rings, shields, wands, and the Algor gloves (even if they are really not needed right away, someone just happen to sell em cheap).
Didn't find any belt that I would like yet ... they seem pretty rare, there's not much on the market that has regen, flat mana, strenght with life or resist...

So I still need to buy the armor too, but using my 5link life/resist armor is kind of ok for now anyway.

I'm standing at 5k mana without the belt and the armor. I'm only at like tier 3 maps but i'm doing fast and easy map clearing for now :)
Last edited by Manu_333 on Jun 26, 2020, 12:07:54 AM
"
Manu_333 wrote:
Noticed you got your hands on the enchant 1 more cremation geyser on your helmet ! Nice one ! Did you see a huge impact ? Probably more on bosses ? How much did you pay for that early this league :O

As for myself, I bought rings, shields, wands, and the Algor gloves (even if they are really not needed right away, someone just happen to sell em cheap).
Didn't find any belt that I would like yet ... they seem pretty rare, there's not much on the market that has regen, flat mana, strenght with life or resist...

So I still need to buy the armor too, but using my 5link life/resist armor is kind of ok for now anyway.

I'm standing at 5k mana without the belt and the armor. I'm only at like tier 3 maps but i'm doing fast and easy map clearing for now :)

I actually bought a Zealot Helmet with the enchant and used Trash to Treasure Prophecy to chance it into Kitava's. :P It cost me about 5ex total for that.

Like this one. I think I'm going to save it and pimp it out with Shaper+something influences, 30 quality etc...

But yeah best way is to hope one enters the market, enchant it yourself, or buy an enchanted zealot helmet to chance.

And yes it's very noticeable. It's more AOE while clearing and more damage/better spread for bosses too.
Added a video of a Minotaur Zana Map. Testing INC AOE over Conc Effect and Glancing Blows.

https://youtu.be/haF05w6BBk0
Very nice! I've been doing a very similar build and it's great to see its existence validated with a guide. Hadn't considered righteous fire (my mana regen isn't where it needs to be yet to sustain it, no Kitava's teachings or Cloak of Defiance, but definitely will when it improves).
Are you having any trouble maintaining Elemental Overload? I did Necro archmage stormbrand last league and until I started generating power charges with blue nightmare it was a little difficult, but maybe not an issue with this skill.
Also, I've experienced a bug where sometimes Cremation doesn't deal damage. Volcano is there spitting out projectiles but they're not doing anything. Have you encountered anything similar?
"
Simaeon wrote:
Very nice! I've been doing a very similar build and it's great to see its existence validated with a guide. Hadn't considered righteous fire (my mana regen isn't where it needs to be yet to sustain it, no Kitava's teachings or Cloak of Defiance, but definitely will when it improves).
Are you having any trouble maintaining Elemental Overload? I did Necro archmage stormbrand last league and until I started generating power charges with blue nightmare it was a little difficult, but maybe not an issue with this skill.
Also, I've experienced a bug where sometimes Cremation doesn't deal damage. Volcano is there spitting out projectiles but they're not doing anything. Have you encountered anything similar?

I have noticed it's hard keeping my EO up because of Controlled Destruction. I was thinking of getting a source of power charge generation. Such as Blue Nightmare, or Stormdrinker in the Large Cluster jewel. Also spell crit on the wand would help. Just need *something*

It was a while before I started using RF (basically I wanted to be able to sustain it without the Necro timed buffs: AKA AFKing in hideout). It's a nice damage boost for sure. Some may find it not needed though. That's up to you.

As for the bug, I have not specifically noticed anything so I'll try to keep a conscious eye out for it.
Hey Gryph! Thank you for the nice guide. I'm curious about the endgame content such as Awakener A5+, UElder etc. Have you tried it yet?
"
forfun142857 wrote:
Hey Gryph! Thank you for the nice guide. I'm curious about the endgame content such as Awakener A5+, UElder etc. Have you tried it yet?

I've done Sirus (twice), Shaper, and shaper+elder guardians numerous times. It's no problem. The build definitely scales well into end game. Only thing I want is some phys mitigation for the hits that get past block.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info