🧱🧱Suggestions of simple hideout tilesets🧱🧱

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all thank you so much for adding some new decorations in 3.11 !

I have a small suggestion concerning hideout tilesets : very often people would like to get a plain hideout like the celestial nebula but with different characteristics (as the celestial nebula has a very bright light and is pretty small) which is pretty limitative :

- 1 tileset with day light similar to the coral hideout.

- 1 tileset with a night light similar to the unearthed hideout.

Another great thing would be to make them significantly bigger (at least two times, but more is never lost) : it doesn't bother people who prefer small hideouts as they can just use a part of them and it results in an increasing amount of possibilities in terms of design.

Added : it'd also be interesting to make a plain hideout like that with multiple levels.

Further Development

- Why lighting is so important ?

As you know, lighting is a fundamental aspect of level design, likewise for an hideout it greatly helps to sets its atmosphere. If you want to make an hideout with a specific day or night atmosphere with a specific arrangement of the decorations (the buildings, the trees, etc..) it is extremely limited because either you have the lighting and the tileset is not appropriate or the other way around.

- Can't you wall the Celestial Nebula Hideout ?

No, the rendering distance makes it impossible as illustrated here (and the space problem remains the same too) : https://youtu.be/mK4xGREIn38

Examples of lighting differences (open it in a new tab for a bigger size) :

Attempt to compare three lightings (Bloom changed lighting and makes it even more bright now, so the differences are less noticeable. The unearthed screenshot is an old one and is now as bright as the nebula tileset, which completely ruins many of the the old dark hideouts).

- Why should it be significantly larger ?

Apart from the fact that it allows to make new things, the simple need to hide the borders of an hideout and to not be able to perceive them for a better immersion takes a lot of space, basically an entire screen all around the hideout just for that which considerably reduces to area available to build an hideout.

📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Aug 20, 2020, 11:36:25 AM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2020, 3:14:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
just let us change the lighting in hideouts
"
H4xolotl wrote:
just let us change the lighting in hideouts

It'd be great yes, but I think they said that it isn't that easy so it'd require some ressources to make (it has to do with the engine but i don't know the detail), and we need bigger blank tilesets too. But why not making one pack with both versions (or even better making them unlockable), could be good.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Jul 3, 2020, 8:24:13 AM
bump
I wish more aesthetic things in this game were more simple, regardless if theyre MTX or standard game items.

Id spend more money in the cash shop or ingame if it meant I was getting stuff that looked nice vs stuff that lights up like the eiffel tower that was rigged with dynamite and fireworks

simple hideout tilesets as well as ones pleasing to look at, simple layouts, nice and easy navigation...

everything ingame or in the cash shop is either a dark dungeon maze or a yellow-gradient, and the ones that actually look nice are way too small or weirdly layed out
Last edited by deschanel on Jul 27, 2020, 4:47:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info