[3.14] LACERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + EZ to Play + All Content + Block)

Here is my league report. Did 40/40 challenges, levelled to 100 and killed all bosses except both Atziri's and AUL(he refused to appear). Most were deathless, including Sirus A8, also did many deathless Simulacrum runs. Overall, it was smooth. Here's my Pob and gear:

Pob: https://pastebin.com/WmfhRUnV

Didn't feel the need to upgrade further. Also I realized now that I forgot to get Meta Gear helm with "Nearby Enemies Take %9 Increased Damage" mod.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Aug 31, 2020, 3:57:01 AM
Hi OP.

I like your style and thorough updates to this build, so well done for being so active on your build and improving it. That makes me want to give it a try.

Will you be updating it for 3.12 league and playing this build, or will you not focus on it that league? I like to play a build where the build creator is making updates based on the leagues content etc.

Secondly, i am slightly worried about the "low" dps - how big an issue is it? I am seeing lots of builds these days that can hit 10-20m quite comfortably, and have equal or similar clear to this build. Is bossing a challenge for this build?
"
Nevzat wrote:
Hi OP.

I like your style and thorough updates to this build, so well done for being so active on your build and improving it. That makes me want to give it a try.

Will you be updating it for 3.12 league and playing this build, or will you not focus on it that league? I like to play a build where the build creator is making updates based on the leagues content etc.

Secondly, i am slightly worried about the "low" dps - how big an issue is it? I am seeing lots of builds these days that can hit 10-20m quite comfortably, and have equal or similar clear to this build. Is bossing a challenge for this build?

Hi Nevzat. Nice to see you here. I remember you from Sunderman build. I will be updating for 3.12 patch changes and league improvements as I used to before and I will play only this build in Heist league.

DPS is not an issue, just bosses take a little longer than those 10-20m DPS builds(btw this hits 7.2m with Berserk enabled on Meta Gear, which I disabled by default and can get up to %37 Overwhelm Physical Damage Reduction). But defenses are good, and with avoiding/dodging heavy boss attacks, majority of bosses are doable deathless with Required Gear(including Sirus 8 and Uber Elder) which costs around 4-5ex. With Meta Gear it's much faster and all bosses including AUL is doable deathless. But still slower than 20m DPS builds of course. But when you compare total time spent on clear vs. total time spent on endgame bosses(normal map bosses already melt in seconds with this so don't count them), clearing wins by a huge margin. So that's why I'm thinking builds with higher DPS and slower clear will need to have more time played to reach specific desired goal(like 36/36) compared to Lacerman. These are the reasons I'm keeping clear this fast and bossing not fast but on an easily doable level. Because of these reasons, I also don't understand boss killing speed hype in this game while we all spend at least %95 of our time clearing:) There are some builds with around same clear and better bossing as well, but don't forget that this build is really easy to play and gives you a lot of fun too if you remember from Sunderman.
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Sep 5, 2020, 7:00:26 AM
"
PegasusRideR wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:
Hi OP.

Hi Nevzat. Nice to see you here. I remember you from Sunderman build. I will be updating for 3.12 patch changes and league improvements as I used to before and I will play only this build in Heist league.

DPS is not an issue, just bosses take a little longer than those 10-20m DPS builds(btw this hits 7.2m with Berserk enabled on Meta Gear, which I disabled by default and can get up to %37 Overwhelm Physical Damage Reduction). But defenses are good, and with avoiding/dodging heavy boss attacks, majority of bosses are doable deathless with Required Gear(including Sirus 8 and Uber Elder) which costs around 4-5ex. With Meta Gear it's much faster and all bosses including AUL is doable deathless. But still slower than 20m DPS builds of course. But when you compare total time spent on clear vs. total time spent on endgame bosses(normal map bosses already melt in seconds with this so don't count them), clearing wins by a huge margin. So that's why I'm thinking builds with higher DPS and slower clear will need to have more time played to reach specific desired goal(like 36/36) compared to Lacerman. These are the reasons I'm keeping clear this fast and bossing not fast but on an easily doable level. Because of these reasons, I also don't understand boss killing speed hype in this game while we all spend at least %95 of our time clearing:) There are some builds with around same clear and better bossing as well, but don't forget that this build is really easy to play and gives you a lot of fun too if you remember from Sunderman.

Great points here that I agree with completely. I also feel that explosion chests will be significantly more rare, putting gladiator ascendency at a premium. I’ve spent the last two leagues as a toxic rain trickster that could do all content along the way to 40/40 and 37/40 challenges. It’s time to switch things up and I really like the pros to lacerate. It’s been Appreciate your effort in this build. See you in a couple weeks!
Strongly considering taking this as a league start for Heist :) I do have a couple of questions though:

1 - How do you deal with weapon upgrades while leveling? Do you ever craft at all or just go with whatever drops?

2 - Any specific reason for Blood of the Karui + regular life flask? I've seen that duo here and there, but I find that I usually either get oneshotted or I end up not really feeling the need for Blood. Am I missing something?
"
mschultz32 wrote:
Great points here that I agree with completely. I also feel that explosion chests will be significantly more rare, putting gladiator ascendency at a premium. I’ve spent the last two leagues as a toxic rain trickster that could do all content along the way to 40/40 and 37/40 challenges. It’s time to switch things up and I really like the pros to lacerate. It’s been Appreciate your effort in this build. See you in a couple weeks!

Welcome onboard!

"
Noitee wrote:
Strongly considering taking this as a league start for Heist :) I do have a couple of questions though:

1 - How do you deal with weapon upgrades while leveling? Do you ever craft at all or just go with whatever drops?

2 - Any specific reason for Blood of the Karui + regular life flask? I've seen that duo here and there, but I find that I usually either get oneshotted or I end up not really feeling the need for Blood. Am I missing something?

1) I go with whatever I find having correct socket colors(sometimes trans+aug or alch whites to make them if better one is needed) until Blood Aqueduct, then farm there for chaos recipe and buy 2 weapons from trade that are 1-2c each and continue with them.

2) This 2 life flasks setup is more forgiving than a 1 flask setup and makes us stay alive longer on tough bosses that take long to kill(also in dangerous places like Simulacrum, %100 Delirious high tier maps, etc.). And the 2 works well together. Let's say on a long hard boss, when we need instant low amount life recovery we use first flask, when we get a heavy damage and life goes too low we use Blood of the Karui as a panic button that recovers huge amount of life fast and gives full recovery after 2.5 seconds. This way we can stand much longer on tough bosses without dying compared to 1 flask. Of course there are boss attacks that oneshot majority of the builds out there, we need to manually dodge them.
After 3 years of break I will go next league using your build. Thank you and a lot of exalted drops for you my fellow exile :)
Is it worth chancing axes if you aren’t playing SSF?
So thinking of rolling this in 3.12, I'm looking to mainly focus on uber farming on day 1. Do you think this would be possible with this build?

I'm also wondering the different/benefits between this and the max block shield versions?

Many thanks
"
Grooooszek wrote:
After 3 years of break I will go next league using your build. Thank you and a lot of exalted drops for you my fellow exile :)

Many thanks for your nice wishes:)

"
mschultz32 wrote:
Is it worth chancing axes if you aren’t playing SSF?

Depends on RNG luck. With ilvl 59+ Siege Axe, the only unique you can get is Soul Taker. But it's a high tier unique as well. It can be chanced, but I prefer buying each league as it's not an expensive item.

"
So thinking of rolling this in 3.12, I'm looking to mainly focus on uber farming on day 1. Do you think this would be possible with this build?

I'm also wondering the different/benefits between this and the max block shield versions?

Many thanks

I haven't tried it but I think if fast enough, you should be able to start farming Uber lab on day 1 with this build without Soul Taker and Arctic Armor and with a mana flask for leaps. Day 2 at most.

This one gives much faster clear speed and faster boss killing compared to max block versions. Also max block ones are mostly easier to do bosses. I got some recommendations before to go max block route, but decided it'll be faster, so better this way.
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Sep 14, 2020, 1:23:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info