3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker. Just wanted to drop a line with an update. I just did t15 Zana mission and got the option from her to run a rare, corrupted, shaper influenced, unidentified t16 map called pit of the chimera or something like that.

Anyhow, I never would have had the confidence or ability to do this without you build and guidance. So, I thank you once again. I one shotted everything in the map. It was a cool feeling.

I'm really loving Harvest. It's a SSF dream come true imho. If they bring it into standard, I will likely play SSF in standard. So much fun to craft gg items.

Edit: Took a break for dinner. Came back and did another Zana t15 mission. Thus time I was given a t16 death and taxes. As soon as I posted in, I recognized it from your video. So cool. I rewatched and cleared him.

ANOTHER EDIT: any tips for Sirus? I've never gotten this far into endgame and as such have never faced him or any other bosses like this. I heard he dies chaos damage. Due to constant min/max attempts in harvest, my chaos resist is only 73% atm. Do I need to wait until I reroll it higher than 75% ?

One more EDIT: help with vaal temple? It's my last map I need to complete for atlas bonus completion (other than uniques). The damage output of the trio is enormous. I googled and watched videos ... but as usual, the videos are of ranged who can easily avoid the damage. Show me some melee video !!!
Hey dlvbrown1969! Wow! Great job! Some of those bosses/maps take practice to do so awesome job learning it AND getting it done! Great job with your crafts and skills!

Sirus is a stupid fight. But like the previous end boss(es) before him, the idea is to simply avoid all of his attacks. Your Chaos resist is awesome! Don't worry about the extra few %. The problem with Sirus is that he really does need to be learned. It took me a lot of portals to figure out what was going on and what I was supposed to do to avoid his damage. So bring healing flasks. You'll even need to use some just trying to find him. Once you're in combat, be patient, learn his "tells". Most of them are audio. Some things will have to be completely avoided, but for the most part, just like the Minotaur, just focus on staying behind him with this build. It should work out well for you once you learn the tells for his other spells and such. It takes getting used to. Good luck and thanks for all your kindness :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Spoiler
"
Laserrobotics wrote:
Hey, was told about your builds and thought they sounded like the perfect thing. I've managed to take this build all the way up to T16 without too much trouble and it has been very fun, though I am seeing a big lack of damage that has made Drox and Sirus in particular completely impossible to do solo. I know that there are some ways I can improve damage, but probably am only going to get the chance to work at one or two items more before the end of the league and would like your opinion on what will likely be easiest. It seems like I would need to double or more my damage output vs enemies that don't hit me a bunch, which leaves few options as far as I can tell.

In addition to what I'm wearing, I am currently working on a hunter-influenced belt that I only need an augment physical to get overwhelm on, so that should help. I've been using every physical reroll I get to try and make a better axe, but so far have not gotten better than tier 3. For the rings, I haven't gotten any to drop so I might end up just buying one and rolling it myself if necessary.
Hey Laserrobotics! Thanks for the kind words and the honest reply! I'm glad you're enjoying the build. Sirus A8 and Drox A8 (the final stage) are a little slow with this build. Drox's defence really ramps up in his last stage and Sirus gets no "adds" in his fight at all. So lame. The fights are doable for sure but they do take time compared to the other battles we face getting there. I checked out your gear and am really impressed! You have some awesome stuff! I'm surprised that it's not going well in those battles. I'm not sure what the issue would be as your gear is better than mine for sure. The issue isn't you at all. You seem to have done everything to the "T".

So in regards to your gear, as mentioned, it's awesome! The upgrades you mentioned are what I would suggest as well. The Steel Rings and the Hunter belt are good options for sure. You've already added Vulnerability, you've 20/20'd almost all of your gems, you're 6 linked, you have Spiked gloves...So all the upgrades you mentioned will obviously help but they don't make HUGE impacts on the build. They will obviously help, but they won't obliterate a battle you feel is currently impossible. As I said, your intended upgrades are great ideas. There are also some nice offensive influenced shields that give some nice offence (like Shocking on block).

I'm sorry that I don't really have an answer for you. Everything seems to be great and better than my gear. I can't really see an issue. I know there are certain battles (like Sirus) that take longer because we don't block often but non-of them are near the impossible stage for me.

I'll try to figure out what's happening for you.

For Sirus I'm sure that a decent portion of it is me just not knowing the tells (I've only ever been to the fight all of once prior to this league), but the amount of damage I was able to do to him before the first death was almost not even visible, and that was on A0. It's possible my expectations aren't quite right, though - could you provide a rough estimate of how long you would take to get him down using this build? Not expecting less than a minute, but is it like 5 minutes, 10, more?

For Drox, it's more that I simply can't put out enough DPS to keep the banners down for more than a few seconds before he puts more out, so he's invincible for the majority of the fight - and it only takes a few mistakes with dodging those giant fists to brick it, since they seem to be one-shots if I'm unlucky and don't block them.

Overall though I am thoroughly satisfied with the build, seeing as how (with the exception of getting others to do Drox for me post AL3) I've gotten to AL5 without spending more than a single ex on buying the 6L base for my chest armor.

The shock on block modifier is an interesting tip, though I'm not sure I can afford to lose the life recovery on block so I suppose I'll file that away for the potential double-influence shield in the future.
Last edited by Laserrobotics on Jul 16, 2020, 9:31:55 PM
I found "Le Heup Of All", "Carnage Heart" and "The Deep One's Hide" to be very useful and cheap uniques to pick up when you're running this build. You might want to drop "The Deep One's Hide" after you find a decent shield tho as it offers only little protection.
Hello good sir
I have a question about the build. Will it be too bad if i change the ascend tree like this

http://prntscr.com/tk2mjg
"Bleed stuff instead of some more block and challenger thing"
I dont like to switch stances on the go so challenger is wasted points for me. I dont know if it'll be too bad to lose the extra block rate / damage tho.
"
Laserrobotics wrote:
For Sirus I'm sure that a decent portion of it is me just not knowing the tells (I've only ever been to the fight all of once prior to this league), but the amount of damage I was able to do to him before the first death was almost not even visible, and that was on A0. It's possible my expectations aren't quite right, though - could you provide a rough estimate of how long you would take to get him down using this build? Not expecting less than a minute, but is it like 5 minutes, 10, more?

For Drox, it's more that I simply can't put out enough DPS to keep the banners down for more than a few seconds before he puts more out, so he's invincible for the majority of the fight - and it only takes a few mistakes with dodging those giant fists to brick it, since they seem to be one-shots if I'm unlucky and don't block them.

Overall though I am thoroughly satisfied with the build, seeing as how (with the exception of getting others to do Drox for me post AL3) I've gotten to AL5 without spending more than a single ex on buying the 6L base for my chest armor.

The shock on block modifier is an interesting tip, though I'm not sure I can afford to lose the life recovery on block so I suppose I'll file that away for the potential double-influence shield in the future.
Nah that's great feedback Laserrobotics! Thanks again for the honesty and your kind encouragement. I'll make a point of fighting Sirus with Trigger Happy the next time I have a chance to fight him. I'd like to be sure in case something's up. I know it's not for this issue, but GGG just fixed a bug where blocking didn't always count as getting hit. That fix really improves this build. Now that doesn't do much in the Sirus fight, but maybe there's another issue that's there? Sirus hasn't been an issue before but I don't think the issue is you.

With Drox, I like to go down the right path and fight him at the very far end. Then he's only impacted by one (maybe two) banners. If you weren't doing that, give that a shot.

Thanks again for the post :)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
MyNameIsZombo wrote:
I found "Le Heup Of All", "Carnage Heart" and "The Deep One's Hide" to be very useful and cheap uniques to pick up when you're running this build. You might want to drop "The Deep One's Hide" after you find a decent shield tho as it offers only little protection.
Great suggestions MyNameIsZombo! Le Heup is an old-school favourite of mine.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jul 19, 2020, 12:32:41 AM
"
Rienai wrote:
Hello good sir
I have a question about the build. Will it be too bad if i change the ascend tree like this

http://prntscr.com/tk2mjg
"Bleed stuff instead of some more block and challenger thing"
I dont like to switch stances on the go so challenger is wasted points for me. I dont know if it'll be too bad to lose the extra block rate / damage tho.
That's a risky switch Rienai! But go for it and let us know how it goes! This build isn't dependant on the stances (though I normally only play in Blood Stance myself as Rare enemies are all over the place. But this build is pretty dependant on Violent Retaliation. That being said, I'm really curious how your ascendancy will play out and if you like it and stick with it, let us know how it goes in the End game content. Stick with what you like as long as it's working out! Good question.

Annnnnd

never tried ssf my friends bugging me to do it, i think this is the one! :o...
-double post mb
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jul 20, 2020, 2:39:23 AM
Hey, first of all i want to say thank you for the guide, im further into the game than i ever was altough ive been playing now and then since the beta.

Two questions:

How much Block Reduce / Unlucky Block / No Life Leech map modifiers are "Save" to play? I tried T1 / T2 Maps with 20% Reduced Block Chance and it was no problem. Or is it simply dangerous in higher Tier Maps because you get more damage?

Im quite lost with crafting, so what would anyone recommend as a unique weapon (preferably a sword) for a lvl 80+ Character? I have 2 Exalted Orbs in Standard to try and trade :D (My luck is really bad in every Loot-Game)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info