[3.11] Self-Cast Purifying Flame - 8.5k EHP, Health&ES leech, Regen, 3.5mill DPS! [Trade League]

Just throwing builds out into the forums to give people ideas on what to run for their league starts, since I see a lot of people getting stuck! A little brew i made for a twitch viewer, but this turned out really well. I would advise playing this on a trade league as it helps alot to have the uniques and it wont be easy to acquire them on SSF.

Build Features:

Spoiler
8.5k EHP
Health Leech and Regen (Consecrated Ground regen)
HUGE aoe (31 radius)
Energy Shield Leech (Huge dmg boost when full ES too)
40% MoM (Uses enduring mana flask to maintain mana through big hits)
Double Dip Damage (Initial Hit + Shockwave)

Currently Missing the following in POB:
Infernal Cry
Updated damage on Purifying Flames

Watch my league start and ask questions here: https://www.twitch.tv/BeardBroTTV

Path of Building
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/53i6UStR
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2020, 9:07:03 PM
H
Nevermind I was able to view the tree after reinstalling PoB. Thanks!
Last edited by DecayingBlonde on Jun 18, 2020, 8:46:13 PM
No problem! good luck exile!
Which POB Version do you use? i cant view it.
"
Froesie wrote:
Which POB Version do you use? i cant view it.
Forked, 1.4.169
GOING LIVE ON TWITCH IN 33 MINUTTES. ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS WELCOME! BUILD REVIEWS WELCOME. HTTPS://WWW.TWITCH.TV/BEARDBROTTV
A question from a noob who is league starting a purifying flame build. I had a PoB worked out, but yours is much better than mine at endgame, so I'm thinking of transitioning.

Why Hierophant instead of Inquisitor? From my noobish understanding, Hierophant does the following:
- gives better mana / mana regen, which synergizes nice with MoM
- gives increased AoE and life leech.
- "free" arcane surge

On the other hand, Inquisitor adds
- better synergy with crit builds, including the elemental penetration. The penetration on crit hits seems really powerful to me.
- energy shield and life regen (but the life regen from consecrated ground you will have anyway with purifying flames)
- it looks to me like I can get better DPS with inquisitor, but less AoE and less defense. Is this trade-off right?

Second question: Why no Avatar of Fire? It seems like that keystone is made for purifying flame.

Third question: I picked purifying flame templar because it seemed like I could build a reasonable all-arounder character. The aoe seems reasonable for clear (not top tier, but fine). The single target dps seems reasonable. The defenses seem reasonable. Am I right here? Or am I missing something.

Thanks for any answers, and thanks for your PoB.
Ah, just found one additional piece of information which helps me understand the choice of Hierophant here. Hierophant also gets "transfiguration of mind" which again has nice synergies with all the maximum mana nodes we are passing through. So Hierophant ends up with increased offense and defense though increasing mana. Very nice.
Last edited by EnochWanderer on Jun 22, 2020, 4:48:31 PM
"
EnochWanderer wrote:
A question from a noob who is league starting a purifying flame build. I had a PoB worked out, but yours is much better than mine at endgame, so I'm thinking of transitioning.

Why Hierophant instead of Inquisitor? From my noobish understanding, Hierophant does the following:
- gives better mana / mana regen, which synergizes nice with MoM
- gives increased AoE and life leech.
- "free" arcane surge

On the other hand, Inquisitor adds
- better synergy with crit builds, including the elemental penetration. The penetration on crit hits seems really powerful to me.
- energy shield and life regen (but the life regen from consecrated ground you will have anyway with purifying flames)
- it looks to me like I can get better DPS with inquisitor, but less AoE and less defense. Is this trade-off right?

Second question: Why no Avatar of Fire? It seems like that keystone is made for purifying flame.

Third question: I picked purifying flame templar because it seemed like I could build a reasonable all-arounder character. The aoe seems reasonable for clear (not top tier, but fine). The single target dps seems reasonable. The defenses seem reasonable. Am I right here? Or am I missing something.

Thanks for any answers, and thanks for your PoB.

I know you found some of the answers on your own, but as to second question, we get Avatar from Xoph's, so no need for it. Grab it until you can get xoph's of course.
Third: Yes, its a nice all rounder and you can easily swap spells to find something more suited to your playstyle if PF doesnt work for you, alot of self cast spells can be used with a small change to your passives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info