Tectonic slam chieftain - discussion about build, not a build guide.

Another thing about War Crys, which one will you use and how? I really want to test the power of all 4:

Enduring Cry is main /guard/deff while mapping and sustaining charges.
Infernal Cry will deliver me 2nd 6link on my main attack, at least for boss fights.
Seismic Cry will give us clearspeed but maybe not so useful on bosses.
Intimidating Cry is must have on Boss fights i guess due we don't hit often but hard.

Would be interesting if Seismic cry can interrupt some harder Boss attacks.
Next step is to link them. As i mentioned i want to 6link Infernal Cry to hit twice. Enduring cry, seismic cry and intimidating cry should have second wind at least but maybe also increased duration.
And so the sockets will be very rare if you also want guard, CWDT Setup, Herald and Mobility.
Last edited by oedipat on Jun 19, 2020, 6:01:07 AM
"
oedipat wrote:
I highly recommend to not overvalue DMG from the tree. The exerted Attacks just are insane and also the new supports and crafted weapons.
In my Opinion the tree has to deliver Def (endurance charge synergy, life, armor, mobility), war cry fluidity and dmg just in 3rd place. i know, we want hit hard, but its still a melee build and we still have to facetank. Juggernaut can go straight for dmg notes, but chieftain has to balance.

Later on i will post my tree here, when im back from work.

The CWDT with wave of conviction is very helpful for me, thx for the advice. maybe link it with CoH and Flammability? On the other hand the CWDT setup is just important on bosses and we dont get much from curses there.

What guard skill do you use? Self cast Molten Shell looks best for me.

"
oedipat wrote:
Another thing about War Crys, which one will you use and how? I really want to test the power of all 4:

Enduring Cry is main /guard/deff while mapping and sustaining charges.
Infernal Cry will deliver me 2nd 6link on my main attack, at least for boss fights.
Seismic Cry will give us clearspeed but maybe not so useful on bosses.
Intimidating Cry is must have on Boss fights i guess due we don't hit often but hard.

Would be interesting if Seismic cry can interrupt some harder Boss attacks.
Next step is to link them. As i mentioned i want to 6link Infernal Cry to hit twice. Enduring cry, seismic cry and intimidating cry should have second wind at least but maybe also increased duration.
And so the sockets will be very rare if you also want guard, CWDT Setup, Herald and Mobility.

Guard Skill - CWDT molten shell, VMS on bar for big hits. Life - with mediocre gear I have achieved around 6.5k life with Kaoms Heart (feel free to change things in the POBs i have posted). Without Kaoms, I will try to get Belly of the Beast which results in 5.8k life with the same gear otherwise. Belly will also allow infernal cry 6L potentially, boosting DPS. I have specifically avoided cluster jewels, because we can get fortify from it (notable called Overload specific for maces and staves). You can see 7 end. charges, enduring cry and intimidating cry which have already been placed in the posted POBs. And as I said, with lvl 68 build can deal fully buffed 2,2 mil hits on average. Thus, you can grab 25 nodes of pure defense if you are comfortable with 2,2 mil average hit. Also note, that I have taken nearly to no damage nodes outside of exerted attack increased damage and fire/ele res pen ones.

Good luck in the league!
An interesting thing to note is that Chieftain can now get 1 endurance charge per second for 4 seconds after using a warcry.
What are your experiences with infernal cry, because im confused. Gem says, that exerted attacks "trigger" Combust. ZiggyD linked infernal cry with fortify and it procs. But the wording of Fortify is, that it supports melee attacks, that are NOT triggered... So something is wrong here.

I am curious if the Combust not is a really "triggered" effect. First question is if the Combust is exerted by other War Crys? Second Question is: Can it be linked with Fist of War or Shockwave and they act as fine as Fortify does?
"
oedipat wrote:
What are your experiences with infernal cry, because im confused. Gem says, that exerted attacks "trigger" Combust. ZiggyD linked infernal cry with fortify and it procs. But the wording of Fortify is, that it supports melee attacks, that are NOT triggered... So something is wrong here.

I am curious if the Combust not is a really "triggered" effect. First question is if the Combust is exerted by other War Crys? Second Question is: Can it be linked with Fist of War or Shockwave and they act as fine as Fortify does?

My experience with it is that it is not worth investing in doing damage with Combust. Just use it to trigger buffs/effects (Fortify, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Curse on Hit, Combustion, etc).

My problem with this build/concept right now is that bossing feels horrible. My map clearing is insane and it is one of the most fun experiences I had in PoE. It is common for me to clear multiple screens of mobs with just one slam. But bossing is a pain. Taking forever to kill Conquerors, Generals, and others. And I don't have a clue on how to improve this aspect of the build.
Last edited by Freakey_ on Jun 23, 2020, 6:44:26 PM
*missclick*
Last edited by Freakey_ on Jun 23, 2020, 6:43:34 PM
"
Freakey_ wrote:
"
oedipat wrote:

My experience with it is that it is not worth investing in doing damage with Combust. Just use it to trigger buffs/effects (Fortify, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Curse on Hit, Combustion, etc).

My problem with this build/concept right now is that bossing feels horrible. My map clearing is insane and it is one of the most fun experiences I had in PoE. It is common for me to clear multiple screens of mobs with just one slam. But bossing is a pain. Taking forever to kill Conquerors, Generals, and others. And I don't have a clue on how to improve this aspect of the build.

I agree, clearing mobs feels good, the explosions are very satisfying. But bossing feels horrible, not sure (Even with perfect min/max gear) this build can reach 1m Shaper DPS... Seems like even with GGG putting emphasis on 2H melee it still feels bad with certain skills for bosses.
I'm still testing my version of the build. It has good potential for what I can see (lv80). I'll probably take fortify when I got 6 link Tidebreaker for the endurance charges boost.
For single target I'm using General's Cry with Earthshatter and it helps a lot but I'm still on low lv maps. I'm with low quality gear for now but I'll soon get something better. No lucky with find the last trials for now.
I think this will be my only character this league and probably will make my first build guide around it.
Hey guys, nice discussion, helps me a lot
I'm trying to build my own build for the first time and it is TSlam Chief as well. A few questions or choices that had been bothering me.

1. Physical convert to fire is already at 110% with Tslam and Ngamahu keynote, so I don't need other phy->fire conversion right?

2. I'm trying to fit in flammability and combustion into the build, are they worth it? My plan is to get a corrupted glove with flammability on hit, and use CWTD with Immortal Call-Wave of Conviction-Combustion.

3. Talk about curse, which one is better? Flammability or elemental weakness.

4.Single target is a pain, my plan is set another 6L Ancestral Warchief. What support gem works well with it? My plan is concentrated effect-melee phys-elem attack-multi totem-dmg on full life.

5. What stats are you prioritizing on ring and amulet? I'm looking for add phys , add fire to attack, increase fire dmg. Is it worth it to get a +1 lvl to fire spell on amulet?

Thanks
Hey guys, nice discussion, helps me a lot
I'm trying to build my own build for the first time and it is TSlam Chief as well. A few questions or choices that had been bothering me.

1. Physical convert to fire is already at 110% with Tslam and Ngamahu keynote, so I don't need other phy->fire conversion right?

2. I'm trying to fit in flammability and combustion into the build, are they worth it? My plan is to get a corrupted glove with flammability on hit, and use CWTD with Immortal Call-Wave of Conviction-Combustion.

3. Talk about curse, which one is better? Flammability or elemental weakness.

4.Single target is a pain, my plan is set another 6L Ancestral Warchief. What support gem works well with it? My plan is concentrated effect-melee phys-elem attack-multi totem-dmg on full life.

5. What stats are you prioritizing on ring and amulet? I'm looking for add phys , add fire to attack, increase fire dmg. Is it worth it to get a +1 lvl to fire spell on amulet?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info