3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
nleugbal wrote:
Hey @wrecker,

Didn't know my characters were hidden, please have another look ! :)

P.s: Is there anyone that's following the guide that is experienced which i can stalk their profile? Just to compare things and such :-)

If you want to, you can have a look at my characters.

This one followed the 3.10 version of the guide (created during Blight): NanaKarenina.

This is her younger sister, following the recent version of Wrecker's guide: RiotSlut
Her equipment is rather mediocre. But she rarely ever dies and gets all maps cleared and bosses killed so far (I hardly reached yellow tier maps in Atlas).
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Last edited by Caligula_Exile on Jun 26, 2020, 2:17:04 PM
"
I am confused on one mechanic.

I just reached level 31, and turned on both of my curse aura's. As expected I have no mana left to do any thing else.

The guide mentions that this will be the case until we pick up all of the mana nodes on the tree.

But when looking at the tree, all I see are mana regen nodes left to take from this point. I don't see any mana reserve reduction nodes, or mana skill reductions nodes that are allocated on the tree.

Am I missing something obvious that would allow a small pool of mana left over once I get further in the tree? I have only 9 mana left right now. I don't have enough to even shield charge.

Should I shut off one of the three mana reserves (TC, Enfeeble or Flesh and Stone) until I can figure out what I am doing wrong?

At lvl 31 you shouldn't run all auras. Pick 2 curses and it will carry you through campaign.

Mana nodes = Intelligence ones I suppose. The more you have Intelligence, the more maximum mana you get. So in the end (around lvl 85-90) you can summon skeletons and use a movement skill (and that's all you need with this build), because they don't require much mana to cast. (Crafting some maximum mana on your wands or gear can help a little bit to increase your mana pool too)

But if you will need to summon zombies or other minions - you will need to deselect 1 aura to raise them and then activate it once again. That's the cost of having 3 auras. If you want to run 3 auras and don't want to micro manage the summoning of zombies and golem - you can just invest ~3-4 points into mana reserved nodes in north-west side of the passive tree (it's worth it actually).

So at level 31 you shouldn't bother with all 3 of them at all.
Last edited by M_atrix on Jun 26, 2020, 4:07:56 PM
"
M_atrix wrote:
"
I am confused on one mechanic.

I just reached level 31, and turned on both of my curse aura's. As expected I have no mana left to do any thing else.

The guide mentions that this will be the case until we pick up all of the mana nodes on the tree.

But when looking at the tree, all I see are mana regen nodes left to take from this point. I don't see any mana reserve reduction nodes, or mana skill reductions nodes that are allocated on the tree.

Am I missing something obvious that would allow a small pool of mana left over once I get further in the tree? I have only 9 mana left right now. I don't have enough to even shield charge.

Should I shut off one of the three mana reserves (TC, Enfeeble or Flesh and Stone) until I can figure out what I am doing wrong?

At lvl 31 you shouldn't run all auras. Pick 2 curses and it will carry you through campaign.

Mana nodes = Intelligence ones I suppose. The more you have Intelligence, the more maximum mana you get. So in the end (around lvl 85-90) you can summon skeletons and use a movement skill (and that's all you need with this build), because they don't require much mana to cast. (Crafting some maximum mana on your wands or gear can help a little bit to increase your mana pool too)

But if you will need to summon zombies or other minions - you will need to deselect 1 aura to raise them and then activate it once again. That's the cost of having 3 auras. If you want to run 3 auras and don't want to micro manage the summoning of zombies and golem - you can just invest ~3-4 points into mana reserved nodes in north-west side of the passive tree (it's worth it actually).

So at level 31 you shouldn't bother with all 3 of them at all.

Great, that sounds perfect. I will shut off flesh and stone for now while leveling and look to add it back when in yellow maps.
"
nleugbal wrote:
Hey @wrecker,

Didn't know my characters were hidden, please have another look ! :)

P.s: Is there anyone that's following the guide that is experienced which i can stalk their profile? Just to compare things and such :-)

You can look at my current char Jan_is_Jan.

I'm wearing version 1.5 of my gear. Currently doing yellow maps and the very first level of reds.

Waiting for my garden to proc my socket colors and socket links to wear some slightly better life rolled gloves, boots, and shield. Waiting for Jun to bless our unveiling guild mate with +1 to zombies to craft it onto my helm.

Gearing for white maps was at most 5 chaos and version 2 gearing (for a bigger potential life pool for red tier) after some crafting at the bench and buying some oils was 50 chaos.

On the wishlist will be a nice 6Link w/ 5B+1R but haven't seen one I'm willing to buy when I've looked.

Random protip: save an alchemy - feed your map to the garden crafting. I've been raring all my maps this way.

Also maybe I've been lucky but Physical Reflect on yellow maps hasn't been killing off my zombies.

Edit: Garden proc'ed - wearing my new gear.
<3
Last edited by Jancela on Jun 27, 2020, 12:49:50 AM
Looking to see if you guys think this cluster jewel is worth socketing into this build.

Medium
-4 Passives
-Added Small Passives 5% Increase Effect of Curses
-Added Small Passives +3 Strength
-Added Small Passives have 25% Increased Effect
-Whispers of Death
-Jewel Socket

Whispers of Death:
*5% increased Effect of your Curses
*20% increased Damage if you've Killed a Cursed Enemy Recently

The extra jewel socket makes this look pretty good to me but I am usually poor at determining if an item is decent or not.
"
Looking to see if you guys think this cluster jewel is worth socketing into this build.

Medium
-4 Passives
-Whispers of Death
-Jewel Socket

Whispers of Death:

The extra jewel socket makes this look pretty good to me but I am usually poor at determining if an item is decent or not.

Devs posted something about cluster jewels maybe always having jewel sockets next week so don't spend too much extra buying cluster jewels with jewel sockets.

Unless you have culling strike somewhere on yourself you're not the one doing the killing so the increased damage doesn't apply.
<3
"
Jancela wrote:
"

Medium
-4 Passives
-Whispers of Death
-Jewel Socket

Whispers of Death:

Devs posted something about cluster jewels maybe always having jewel sockets next week so don't spend too much extra buying cluster jewels with jewel sockets.

Unless you have culling strike somewhere on yourself you're not the one doing the killing so the increased damage doesn't apply.

ok thanks! This was just a drop for me, I am not buying it.

I misread the damage increase on Whispers of Doom and forgot that it would not apply to minions. :(
"
Starting to think Meat Shield is a liability...not a fan of needing to run directly into enemy frontlines for my zombies to kill anything, putting myself at massive risk.

I have been concerned about this as well but for what I am doing it is needed.

My shield charge into enemies does 3 things for my build

1) Procs Fortify
2) Quickly applies the curses
3) Procs Summon Holy Relic (which I recently added into an Unset ring)
"
"
Starting to think Meat Shield is a liability...not a fan of needing to run directly into enemy frontlines for my zombies to kill anything, putting myself at massive risk.

I have been concerned about this as well but for what I am doing it is needed.

My shield charge into enemies does 3 things for my build

1) Procs Fortify
2) Quickly applies the curses
3) Procs Summon Holy Relic (which I recently added into an Unset ring)

Ah yes - holy relic w/ shield charge fortified is a lovely thing - maybe that's why physical reflect goes so well.

I haven't been running animate guardian so there's my free slot in my gear w/o the unset ring.
<3
I actually want to amend my previous statement- acquiring Mistress of Sacrifice does WONDERS for tankiness once you get Bone Offering. Suddenly being in the midst of combat isn't so bad!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info