What does Pog mean?

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Edit: also in a contest between pogchamp and KEKW, I dont know what I despise most.
History repeats itself.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Probably just some outgrown kids reminicing on their favourite edjucational cartoon of their youth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVbZx3YmCWk
Is this called woke ?

Pib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
twitch emote used as a racist dogwhistle in some circles
Just think of it as 'Place Of Origin'. If someone uses it, you can kinda guess what their place of origin likely is (and no, I'm not referring to where they were born).
It means "cool" basically. Cutedog says it all the time.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Cutedog says it all the time.

Now you just made it seem 10x worse...
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Cutedog says it all the time.

Now you just made it seem 10x worse...

Can someone get him to pronounce "chaos" correctly please?! Hearing him say "chay-os" is like chewing on tinfoil with fillings in your teeth!
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Pog basically sums up the brain death of an entire generation in three little letters.

Also dont confuse this with pawg, which is a whole other category.

Edit: also in a contest between pogchamp and KEKW, I dont know what I despise most.
Shit like lulz and lawl always drove me nuts. Glad those aren't around much anymore. What gets me now is the extreme overuse, and frequent misuse, of "literally" in the past couple years.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Sep 16, 2020, 12:29:14 AM
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Pog basically sums up the brain death of an entire generation in three little letters.

Also dont confuse this with pawg, which is a whole other category.

Shit like lulz and lawl always drove me nuts. Glad those aren't around much anymore. What gets me now is the extreme overuse, and frequent misuse, of "literally" in the past couple years.

Netflix has really upped the 'literally' game too, even in very good shows with otherwise very good writing. It just washes over me these days -- figuratively.

So I'm from an old, old internet where even 'lol' and 'rofl' were looked down upon as lazy and immature. Emoticons were a sign of weakness. Bad spelling, especially when used to insult someone, was basically chat room suicide. And despite all that, the average age of the user was probably 15-20. We were not old or stuffy, just conditioned to make some effort in textual communication, so as not to look like idiots. Naturally, that's all gone now, now that the normies have founded social media and streaming and tindr and all that junk. My best friend types like a 6 year old sometimes; my FATHER texts me with more emojis and typos than actual words, which is fucking hilarious because I remember how hard he'd come down on my hand writing when I was a kid (it really is atrocious, but at least I still know how, sort of). And yet, when I want to break character, the first thing I will do is start typing badly, use more emoticons and acronyms. Old habits die hard.

I assumed POG was some obscure reference to the actual 'pog' game, but then I played some Overwatch (it was for a friend, I swear) and realised that 'Play of the Game' was probably the real meaning.

Kappa, monka, kekw...those remain a mystery to me. I've started adding 'AF' to a lot of things, because I do say that one in real life quite a bit.

DILLIGAF remains my favourite acronym though. It's just so much effort to express a complete lack of desire to make any effort.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info