[3.13] Smokemantra's Blade Blast Inquisitor - Budget Friendly - 7k+ eHP

Hiya! I'm loving this build idea, but I was wondering if going CoC with it, would I just use an asenath's chant/coc in the chest?

I know it might gimp my clearspeed because it's a 4link for clear instead of two 6links, but could I just put CoC into a staff instead? What do you suggest I do for making this CoC? My RSI will thank you!
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
darciaz wrote:
Hiya! I'm loving this build idea, but I was wondering if going CoC with it, would I just use an asenath's chant/coc in the chest?

I know it might gimp my clearspeed because it's a 4link for clear instead of two 6links, but could I just put CoC into a staff instead? What do you suggest I do for making this CoC? My RSI will thank you!

Well, if you want to do CoC it will depend on what kind of setup you plan on using, but if you do use a Bow (which would probably be the smartest way to do it), it's pretty much mandatory to use Asenath's Chant to cast an extra Bladefall and power up the Blade Blast pops even more.

Basically you would have one setup where you would have Blade Blast, your attack of choice, possibly Bladefall and/or CoC and other support gems. I would say there are two good options: using a Synth Bow with a CoC gem (hopefully awakened) or using a Shaper Bow with CoC as one of the mods in the item. Apart from that, you can choose to have this CoC setup cast or not cast Bladefall. If you choose not to have Bladefall in it, I would suggest finding a way to cast an extra Bladefall to stack up blades faster for Blade Blast. Asenath's Chant would be one cast and there should be some other options for triggering an extra Bladefall. One that comes to my mind is (if I'm correct) a Maloney's Mechanism 3L setup (I haven't tested this idea myself but ideally you'd put some ranged attack in the quiver linked with CoC and a Bladefall and hopefully it would work) or maybe something else you come up with.

About putting CoC on a Staff, I'm not sure how well that would work, you'd have to use some kind of melee attack and it would have less attack speed and therefore less procs than a Bow attack and it would probably have more downsides than doing it the ranged way. I'd suggest doing it on a Bow, considering that crafting a good CoC Bow is not too hard to do.

About gimping the clearspeed, with enough damage/crit/AoE it's even possible to just use a self cast Blade Blast to clear, and treat Bladefall as an extra tool for single target (rare mobs and bosses). With Bow CoC I doubt the clearspeed would suffer. Also, as I mention in the guide, this combo of Blade skills doesn't desperately need 6-links. If you can get Blade Blast as a 5-link or maybe even a 4-link and compensate the loss elsewhere (like for example linking them both together and focusing on dealing damage with both at the same time, maybe add something like Empower that can benefit both) you don't necessarily end up losing.
Last edited by Smokemantra on Aug 5, 2020, 9:39:10 AM
Really want to try to run this build for 3.13. Any chance you would update it?
I'm going to league start with a build similar to yours, but using Stormwall for the 50/50 cold/electric conversion and the extra dmg from battlemage. Any tips for my attempt? I'm not used to follow my own builds, it aways let me down some time haha.
Besides the weapon, i'm looking to use those uniques: Devouring Diadem(for auras, like you do) and Astramentis, for the extra crit from the new ascendance and achiev dex easily.
Does investing in power charges and the notable Thunderous Salvos are worth?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also, Elemental Equilibrium is worth it? Does Inavitable Judgement nulifies its use?
Last edited by dergjoel on Jan 14, 2021, 5:43:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info