[3.11-WIP] Doryani's Prototype Rattler-Shatter Inquisitor | Off-Meta Galore

Read this before anything
As of now in July, i am shelving this build for another time or league mainly due to these unfortunate reasons:
  • The concept of synergy with Brainrattler and Doryani's Prototype works well in paper, but after reaching tier 13 any kind of lightning damage becomes deadly or almost, this is due to the nature of armour mitigation since higher the monster level, higher the damage taken AND even less damage is mitigated...For those curious enough, you need around 60k Armour to put a good fight in tier 16
  • At higher tiers, doing syndicate's research is very annoying, those beams are Lightning Degen, as does Baran, Sirus, Topotante and Esh. Remember that the chest doesn't work with Lightning degen
  • Endgame-wise, the biggest advantage of brainrattler is its huge damage penetration, which you won't benefit while using the new chest
  • Getting no lightning Resistance in Gear becomes a chore bigger than finding them on items, especially when you try to min max your prefixes
  • For those who really want to go beyond tier13 i suggest 2 variants that works well within my calculations: 1-Ditch Doryani's Prototype and get Shroud of Lightless, pump yourself with abyssal jewels instead of clusters; 2-Abandon Brainrattler and go with StormWall and pick Glancing Blows and max your spell block chance (very easy to get 75/50), but you are not shocking as much before, you can check this theory pob https://pastebin.com/F6H1ZRgh
  • Will i go back to this build? only if maybe GGG rework Doryani's chest to adress these problems or give us another way to pump armour while aligned with lighning damage like reworking the entire inquisitor ascendancy... my experiment failed and i won't rework the entire build only to make a fruitless point

introduction
Well this is the 3rd build i create, i hope GGG doesn't nerf it to oblivion like my previous ones. This time, i am doing more of an experiment with new uniques + interactions+ mechanics, i will level this as a generic melee inquisitor till i get some cluster jewels and at least a 5L Brainrattler.
Just a heads-up: items like Brainrattler will cost a lot more at league start like never before, and Templar won't get many of the gem skills used here with quest progression

Pros
1-Flexibility to either bossing or mapping
2-you don't need to care about lightning resistance on your items
3-Satisfying big damages, hit kill some bosses when double damage kicks in with critical
4-Somewhat cheap and easy to get the items
5-Very good armour rating with little investment towards it

Cons
1-does not excel in clearing speed
2-it is a 1-2 combo build, so it takes some time to get used
3-Very hungry for dexterity and accuracy
4-centered in average damage instead of DPS, so getting some timings is hard
5-need to be careful around lightning damage since we are scaling it with armour

Gearing

Example Gear at end of act 10

These are very rudimentary because of kinda low cold and chaos resistance and "low" armour

Gear Choices

1-Core Items

The build revolves with these two items: Brainrattler has a flat 50% chance to shock and it shocks as if 300% means that we get the extra damage cap more easily. Meanwhile, Doryiani's Prototype makes your armour mitigate both physical and lightning damage, so if we let our lightning resistance go -60 we are effectively "cursing" nearby enemies

2-Very good items to have

Oskarm is almost best in slot, because we can get the global acc through conqueror's influence, but the added curse makes up for it
Valako's Sign is nice for some damage and sustenance and if you can, get a corrupted one to remove the resistance from the implicit, if you don't like valako's, there is always berek's grip
As for immortal flesh, it is almost an accidental sinergy with the build as we get extra armour+life and less damage AND it lower our resistance...use it while the stygian vise doesn't drop

Gem Links(still not concluded)

6L Main
Earthshatter - Physical to Lightning - Physical damage - Shockwave - Faster Attacks - Inc.Area/Conc. Effect/Fist of War
This is our main attack, as for the supports used, i get very mixed feelings about fist of war mainly because i get the feeling of oscillating between 5L and 6L all the time, i am using Inc Area and then swapping to Conc. Eff for bossing

Auras/Heralds
Flesh and Stone - Herald of Purity - Herald of Ash
use sand stance for FaS, HoP is good buff for our damage and some minion aggro and HoA is used for clearing packs but it is not mandatory, it works even with the new chest btw

Warcries
Intimidating Cry - Seismic Cry - Second Wind - Urgent Orders
This combo is very juicy! i very rarely deplete the warcries even while spamming them to trigger the ES spikes linked with the UO debuff for cooldown. Also, When you activate both warcries, your exerted attacks will stack both of the warcries' bonuses!
Doesn't work with the new Call to Arms Keystone

Movement Skill
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Fist of War
using FoW for better area when i need to explode spikes

Other stuff
Ancestral Protector -Blood Rage- CWDT - (Vaal) Molten Shell

Skill Tree/Leveling

http://poeurl.com/cW41
This is My lvl 71 char, you can follow straight outwards, pick the points upwards and then go down to duelist, pick Unwavering stance and/or Call to Arms if needed for leveling, pick life nodes whenever it branches before continuing on.
Path of Building
TBA

Playstyle

Mapping
  • activate blood rage
  • pop quicksilver
  • Seismic cry
  • Smash the ground
  • Warcry again to shatter spikes
  • Run
  • Rinse and repeat

Very strong rare or Unique mob
  • Activate Both Warcries
  • Put your ancestral protector near it
  • Leap Slam it
  • Pop all/most your utility flasks
  • Hit the ground 3 Times
  • Slam or warcry again to shatter spikes before flasks expire
  • Repeat until one of you dies :D
  • ???
  • Profit

always remember to look out for mobs that telegraphs heavy attacks like metamorphs

Bandits,Ascendancy,Pantheon, Anoint

Bandits - Kill 'em all, Oak or Alira -> remember that Alira gives some resistance which can get in the way of the chest mechanic

Ascendancy - Righteous Providence, Sanctuary, Pious Path and Instrument of Virtue (need a spell)

Pantheon
Major - Anything but Arakaali...i am using Brine King
Minor - Gruthkul/Ralakesh/Garukhan

Anoint - Static Blows

Theorycraft Shenanigans you can skip

use community fork for PoB

What this build entails:
-Earthshatter which is new melee skill that is also a slam skill tag
-One or two Warcries (too early to decide) probably General's for bossing and Ancestral's for mobing, sinergizes with EarthShatter
-Brainrattler as a weapon of choice (probably some rare 2H for league start), the revamped version is paramount for this build, since we can easily cap the "enemy shock threshold" damage for bosses
-BIG CRITS BOI
- Power charge-oriented build, using passives like Pain Forger to ramp up damage
-almost certain to use the new the Call to Arms AND Agnostic keystones
-improving shock damage through cluster jewels or other items
-Life build since we are going down marauder's and duelist's clusters, i am aiming 6k+ Life pool
-Righteous Providence is the must-have ascendancy point
-Very cheap anoint: Static Blows

What it MAY entails:
-Supreme Ostentation (i hate farming those jewels)
-a little knockback and stun
-Mind over matter (if i think regen and/or leech is sub-par)
-Blood magic
-EE via malachai's ring
-Full elemental conversion (big possibility)
-damage ramp up via spell interaction (like Instrument of Virtue Ascendancy)
-non-crit version IF the brainrattler's new shock mods proves reliable -> this may prove another build entirely
-Fist of war support instead of Multistrike
-Doryani Prototype -> this can be really good for the build as the armour goes up so does our lightning damage mitigation (around 12k armour) and if we let our lightning resistance to -60% we wouldn't need penetration/exposure or elemental curse

What i won't even try to explore:
-Brands
-damage via spells (totem or whatnot)
-Passives that gives crits purely on elemental damage (already very strained for points with cluster jewels and two-handed passives)
-bleeding
-Stun-lock (inquisitor is not the best for this)
-degen damage

Everything else is up in the air. perhaps i will try to fix some BiS if there are some nice ideas out there, the new crafting system in harvest league will be juicy for getting this build on track

The playstile revolves in moving around+shouting to clear entire packs and hopefully screens of mobs, for bossing probably i won't be able to facetank things but i will make it enough to take at least 2 big hits before death
The main idea of the build is maxing out dps through the new mod of brainrattler that says "shocks enemies as though dealing 300% more damage" as we give big shocks with little investment in improving the shock effect, we can focus in other aspects to min-max, like doing big crits with the warcry while the shattering spikes that earthshatter produces explodes.
so focusing only in shock we can have a skewed voidforge damage output. the downside is fighting mobs that either resist a lot of ele damage or are immune to shock.
map with the mod that monster has % chance to avoid elemental status should be rerolled.

But why inquisitor

items to look for

i am up to any suggestions, feel free to copy these ideas too
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jul 10, 2020, 9:05:31 AM
Last bumped on Jul 6, 2020, 9:19:29 PM
Change logs

• 13 Jun: thread created
  • 13 Jun: added PoB sketch
  • 17 Jun: updated prototype pob for new passive tree using the community fork, still waiting for items
  • 17 Jun: some minor updates on goals and design
  • 05 Jul: Finally got some currency to fund this build
  • 06 Jul: Build out of Theory, mapping without problems on tier 8
  • 07 Jul: filling some explanations and grammar errors
  • 10 Jul: Sadly shelving this build for now, waiting for GGG to rework Doryani's chest or armour calculations for tier13+ maps

To do List A.K.A. see me rambling to myself

• PoB Rework when uniques, skills and mechanics are updated
  • Solve the puzzle with attack speed and accuracy (fist of war support?)
  • Add variant for investment in cluster jewels
  • Get Core items as fast as possible
  • Make a leveling tree
  • Take the build out of Theorycrafting
  • Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee? No! Crawl like a sloth, squash like a hippo? Yes!
  • make a budget list and Gear Choices
  • Decide about min-maxing
  • Create endgame section
  • Video section? Gifs?
  • Format the Thread better :(
  • Struggling in red maps a bit...testing some other auras and imbalanced guard and talisman
  • For now i give up because i don't think we should make builds with mirror tier budget

Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jul 10, 2020, 8:49:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info