Update Time

Something that I wanted to reiterate for some time, since there are no worthy answers anywhere.
As happened recently as an example:
Why should a 4.6mb upgrade have a pre-location and installation with over 40 minutes of waiting and 100% permanent disk use?? It seems absurd.
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2020, 3:24:19 AM
Let me guess - you're using Steam?
Instead of just giving the input, do you want to explain?
Do you suggest in low tones that it is Steam's fault, so you should guess that you must boycott the version and the laucher from Steam?
if it is stupid to have the Steam partnership then, if from these problems, bad idea.
It would be laughable that doing so will solve all the problems a bit, let's see. :D
"
Peppex5 wrote:
Instead of just giving the input, do you want to explain?
Do you suggest in low tones that it is Steam's fault, so you should guess that you must boycott the version and the laucher from Steam?
if it is stupid to have the Steam partnership then, if from these problems, bad idea.
It would be laughable that doing so will solve all the problems a bit, let's see. :D

It's a known problem with the way that Steam updates. It doesn't just download the patch and update the .gppk file, it redownloads the entire .gppk file, no matter how small the patch is. That's why it takes so long for a small update.

You don't have to boycott Steam, but if you do choose to use it, expect delays when updating.
Thank you for your diligent and exhaustive explanation.
I have tested.
I reinstalled everything with the standard launcher, I checked what was said with the next 2 patches, and nothing changes, the bullsh*t is the same and remains.
In a nutshell, with steam or with the standard launcher the matter is the same.
"Allocating Space..." HD 100% in use for a lot of time. ???
Very very very bad.
"
Peppex5 wrote:
I have tested.
I reinstalled everything with the standard launcher, I checked what was said with the next 2 patches, and nothing changes, the bullsh*t is the same and remains.
In a nutshell, with steam or with the standard launcher the matter is the same.
"Allocating Space..." HD 100% in use for a lot of time. ???
Very very very bad.

They are objectively not the same, which thousands of other people can confirm, despite your shaky anecdotal evidence. I'm assuming with that slow of disk write you still are using an HDD, which is getting more and more obsoleted with time, but if you don't want to upgrade and you are confident your hardware should be faster for this, then you could always check for corruption with checkdisk or something.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
Honestly, I prefer to "keep investing in poe" rather than switch to an SSD as you suggest.
The disc is young and of heinous quality and is punctually checked & defragmented and is in excellent condition.

"Checking resources..." HD 100% in use for a lot of time.
"Allocating Space..." HD 100% in use for a lot of time.
It may not give problems, but it is a very annoying thing, since nothing else causes this identical empty factor, nor updates or use of others programs or games, which are much heavier, only with any Poe update. So there are always the random map lag, as a much more serious problem.

Let's close it here because it's the usual excuse:
"It's your hardware that's not good..", ok thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info