3.10|Stress-Free PoE| CURSE HAPPY (CI) |Use Any Items U Want|1 Button Play|Easily Customizable SSF

As I am getting more familiar with the build, am looking more into the why and not just the how. With that in mind, two things ...

1) your guide makes no mention of disabling the leveling on the withering step gem - which is supposed to be automatically cast by the CWDT linked lvl 1 gem. This CWDT has a requirement to be linked to a gem requiring lvl 38 or lower in order to work. Unless I am not understanding it. With that in mind, my current lvl 18 withering step requires lvl 68 and as such is not being auto cast by the lvl 1 CWDT. Again, unless I am not understanding, withering step needs to be locked ar lvl 8 in order to meet the lvl 1 CWDT requirement.

2) what are your thoughts on zealots oath in the passive tree? You build gives extra bonus to life which obviously isnt needed once CI is chosen. At my current level of character in game, with zealots oath applied, I regen about 130 life per second which is now applied to ES. It helps take the edge off when my ES takes damage. It is only one passive point off your build as well so if is cheap to acquire.

Btw. Still having fun. Thanks again (and again). Having played so many tanks in this and other games, I do find myself dieing a bit much on this witch. It seems i bite of more than she can swallow. So to speak. Perhaps more ES leech????
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
What kind of mana regen is required or rather recommended? I am trying to use 3 curse auras. I have the few nodes for reduced mana reserve that are on the bottom left of the passive tree. Or, is there a mana leech that I should use? On a similar note, I have 1 node so far that is ES leech. Is that also something I want more of?

EDIT:

I think I see more mana regen in my future ... but, I'd still like to know about ES leech. Also, enemies do damage to my ES, I obviously cannot use a life flask to heal my life like I do with other characters. So. What do I do? Run away until ths ES builds back up?
Hey dlvbrown1969,

No extra mana regen will be required with this build. Because of Vortex's cooldown, the provided tree will give us the mana regen we need to simply hold down the Vortex button.

The mana reservation nodes that we need are on the left on the way to Sovereignty. We don't use all auras provided. You just pick and chose. The mana reservation nodes will let you choose 3 "35%" auras if you wish.

Vortex has both a Hit and a DOT. When I made this build, I only focused on the DOT damage of the build. Yes, the Hit portion will still do damage, but it's not going to hit really hard. Leech only applies from Hits, not DOTs. So leech will be pretty minimal with this build, even with significant investment.

Not being able to use flasks to heal is part of the CI gameplay. So have flasks that get rid of ailments like burning and bleed. The sooner you're not taking damage, the sooner your ES starts recovering. I've put a big focus on ES recovery on the tree. Using Temporal Chains and Enfeeble as auras is a HUGE help here too. The Occultist ascendancy is very defensive as well once you're all levelled up. So, yes, with CI you do have to find a safe place every now and then, but the setup makes it pretty ease to stay safe.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
As I am getting more familiar with the build, am looking more into the why and not just the how. With that in mind, two things ...

1) your guide makes no mention of disabling the leveling on the withering step gem - which is supposed to be automatically cast by the CWDT linked lvl 1 gem. This CWDT has a requirement to be linked to a gem requiring lvl 38 or lower in order to work. Unless I am not understanding it. With that in mind, my current lvl 18 withering step requires lvl 68 and as such is not being auto cast by the lvl 1 CWDT. Again, unless I am not understanding, withering step needs to be locked ar lvl 8 in order to meet the lvl 1 CWDT requirement.

2) what are your thoughts on zealots oath in the passive tree? You build gives extra bonus to life which obviously isnt needed once CI is chosen. At my current level of character in game, with zealots oath applied, I regen about 130 life per second which is now applied to ES. It helps take the edge off when my ES takes damage. It is only one passive point off your build as well so if is cheap to acquire.

Btw. Still having fun. Thanks again (and again). Having played so many tanks in this and other games, I do find myself dieing a bit much on this witch. It seems i bite of more than she can swallow. So to speak. Perhaps more ES leech????
Oh no! Thanks! I've fixed Withering Step in the guide to stop being levelled at level 8. I'm really sorry. That was my oversight. Thanks for pointing it out.

There's nothing wrong with Zealot's Oath at all! It's a nice help. You could even add a Stone Golem or Vitality in there to help out the ES regen.

I'm glad you're having a good time. The survivability of this character is actually really good, but it's not a tank that can stand still and take damage. It needs to move around lots while casting Vortex. Don't feel bad if the build isn't for you at the end.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Have you considered Second Wind Support gem. 25% reduction in cooldown would seem to make a HUGE impact on game play. Unless that gem does also not work with this build.

I have so much to learn ... at least I am gaining valuable knowledge from your builds, guides and correspondence. Thanks!

EDIT: if as suggested, I run enfeebled, temporal chains and discipline ... with the keystone that allows for +1 curse to enemy, I am therefore applying 2 curses to each enemy in my aura range? Correct? So at that point if COHS procs the linked frostbite, is frostbite then wasted? Or applied to enemies and removes (overrides) one of the enfeeble/temporal chain combo? If the latter, is it random or does one get overridden before the other?
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Jun 14, 2020, 1:32:03 PM
Hi,

I'd like to share some of my changes to this building. Maybe someone will like them or Wrecker will lead me out of the wrong path ;-)

First of all: It's worth buying Heretic's Veil. It's not expensive - I've managed for one chaos. It has a built-in lvl 22 Blasphemy. You give there all the curses you want to have as auras. I gave: Temporal Chains, Frostbite, Enfeeble and Attention! Enlighten (lvl 3 also one chaos).

Enlighten and Veil reduce the reserved mana. For this on the tree you have to take 4% reduction just below CI and 2% reduction on Conqueror's efficiency crimson jewel (1 chaos) to the socket left of the Witch's base.
This way we can run 3 curses 35%.

To this we add Vaal Discipline. It goes as aura and additionally it can be used (Vaal) as life flask to ES. When we kill monsters in bulk, Vaal charges almost immediately.

There is enough mana left for the other gems to work.

I've added Flame dash because it gives me acceleration (possibility to escape) and nicely fires enemies with combustion support and elemental proliferation.
To compensate for the lack of attack I enchanted the Entropy to amulet: 27% Increased Damage over Time, 5% increased Skill Effect Duration. It only required Oils: Sepia / Amber / Crimson, which I normally get from Cassia.

Now with the flame dash I jump in the middle of the foes - the vortex is launched and I jump on...

What do you think of that?

The main problem is about 3 chaos needed. Maybe a little more if you want to buy ready-made versions of Veil (with the right colors and links)

By the way, you can also add Witchfire Brew stibnite flask and you have a fourth curse of 21 lvl Despair 😉.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
"
macbigos wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to share some of my changes to this building. Maybe someone will like them or Wrecker will lead me out of the wrong path ;-)

First of all: It's worth buying Heretic's Veil. It's not expensive - I've managed for one chaos. It has a built-in lvl 22 Blasphemy. You give there all the curses you want to have as auras. I gave: Temporal Chains, Frostbite, Enfeeble and Attention! Enlighten (lvl 3 also one chaos).

Enlighten and Veil reduce the reserved mana. For this on the tree you have to take 4% reduction just below CI and 2% reduction on Conqueror's efficiency crimson jewel (1 chaos) to the socket left of the Witch's base.

To this we add Vaal Discipline. It goes as aura and additionally it can be used (Vaal) as life flask to ES. When we kill monsters in bulk, Vaal charges almost immediately.

I've added Flame dash because it gives me acceleration (possibility to escape) and nicely fires enemies with combustion support and elemental proliferation.
To compensate for the lack of attack I enchanted the Entropy to amulet: 27% Increased Damage over Time, 5% increased Skill Effect Duration. It only required Oils: Sepia / Amber / Crimson, which I normally get from Cassia.

Now with the flame dash I jump in the middle of the foes - the vortex is launched and I jump on...

The main problem is about 3 chaos needed. Maybe a little more if you want to buy ready-made versions of Veil (with the right colors and links)

By the way, you can also add Witchfire Brew stibnite flask and you have a fourth curse of 21 lvl Despair 😉.

Makes some good sense. Gonna experiment and try some of this. Thanks
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Have you considered Second Wind Support gem. 25% reduction in cooldown would seem to make a HUGE impact on game play. Unless that gem does also not work with this build.

I have so much to learn ... at least I am gaining valuable knowledge from your builds, guides and correspondence. Thanks!

EDIT: if as suggested, I run enfeebled, temporal chains and discipline ... with the keystone that allows for +1 curse to enemy, I am therefore applying 2 curses to each enemy in my aura range? Correct? So at that point if COHS procs the linked frostbite, is frostbite then wasted? Or applied to enemies and removes (overrides) one of the enfeeble/temporal chain combo? If the latter, is it random or does one get overridden before the other?
Hey dlvbrown1969!

I have considered Second Wind. It's still tempting. The reason I haven't added it is because Vortex is already pretty weak. This build is a great build but it does lack single target damage. So if you were lucky enough to get a 6 link, it'd be hard to pass up increasing damage over cooldown. Also, it'd be an easy fix but it would take a lot of reorganizing, but I min/maxed the mana regen on the tree to accommodate Vortex's natural cooldown. I'm still finding ways to not hurt damage and add Second Wind. It's a good suggestions! Nicely done.

I'm not sure all the keystones that will be released in 3.11 but with the current 3.10 tree, we can apply 3 curses on an enemy. The second one is from the notable Whispers of Doom on the tree and the third is from Malediction in our Ascendancy. So the only time you need to worry about curse limit is while levelling. There is a certain order of curse priority. I forget the priority order though. I think, curses applied by hits take president over blasphemies...I think. I'll have to look it up again. But I might not have the time until after 3.11. Sorry. This is an insanely busy week for me with updating my guides with the 3.11 news coming out.

Thanks for your kindness. I really appreciate your encouragement. Sorry I had a non-answer for you there.

Annnnnd

"
macbigos wrote:
Hi,
Hello!

"
I can't wait!

"
That Veil is perfect and an old-school personal favourite of mine. It used to be SO expensive so I hope it stays untouched for you for 3.11. The only con to the helmet is that you can't "quality" your Veil's Blasphemy. That's such a small con though that it's not worth caring about. Perfect suggestion.

"
If it drops, or is cheap to buy, it's perfect! And Conqueror's Efficiency is a quest reward in act 6 or something too! So bonus! It's good to save nodes!

"
It's a good addition. Hit those vaal areas!

"
:)

"
Very good anointment. Good call!

"

Those changes are really strong and good. You've only added one item (veil) that would impact your survivability and it has good ES anyway! If you can keep it for 3.11, do it!

Thanks for sharing! Very strong! Good job!

Annnnnd

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874589

Well Everyone!

I know the 3.11 version of this guide is almost the exact same thing (just the tree changed), and I know I released the 3.10 version of this guide really late into the 3.10 league, BUT the link above links you to the most relevant version of the guide.

Thank you everyone for being so kind and helpful to one another in the chat. You all make guide writing great :).

Annnnnd

Finally! I love this game. I was having so much trouble, pushing characters to level 40 or so and then hitting the wall. Trying to re-gear, it gets even worse.

Ah, build plans. I will give another try. BINGO. This vortex witch really works. Level 65 now, thank you very much. I have learned more about this game in the last few weeks, than I would have guessed possible.

Just a quick question. I can't figure out why limit shield charge and fortify support to level 1. They both seem to just get better with level. So, there must be something I am missing.

What is that? Thanks for adding clarity to the game.
almo
Last edited by Ruagg on Jun 22, 2020, 10:23:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info