Most Popular Microtransactions of All Time

Could you not filter these to only count the first 30/60/90 days of sales, so you could get a more apples-to-apples comparison?

I know there'd still be skewing due to some being released alongside more popular leagues/expansions, but wouldn't it remove some discrepancies?
My all-time favourite mystery boxes (by far) have been Sin & Innocence and Oriath. I'm not as big of a fan of chunky or edgy/dark cosmetics, so it's nice to have sets that are more elegant and sleek. I understand why the former is more popular in a game like this, so I appreciate there are options for those of us who fall closer to the paladin side of things than the demon.

(P.S. - Please thank whoever made the Oriath Wings because they are hands down the best cosmetic in the entire game. When I see them in the store I hear harps and choirs. HARPS & CHOIRS.)
I have a handful of these microstransactions with my favorites being pets and effects (weapon, skill, character, etc.).

And I'll be willing to start buying supporter packs again as soon as GGG leaves TenCent behind.
"
ghymini wrote:
And I'll be willing to start buying supporter packs again as soon as GGG leaves TenCent behind.

So you are closed beta supporter, have only ONE SUPPORT PACK since like 7 years? ! so its not AGAIN after this years, you dont support and still hate on GGG for being boough by Tencent and this is reason why you dont support - I call this BS lol

And here my last two packs are $500 alone, I just want support Chris Wilson passion for MTG cards and those Pristine Black Lotuses :D

tl;dr its my THANKS for best arpg game ever made (sorry Diablo)
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by Hellus666 on May 14, 2020, 10:15:56 AM
"
ghymini wrote:
I have a handful of these microstransactions with my favorites being pets and effects (weapon, skill, character, etc.).

So never then :P

You realize of course that whoever has an investment in GGG's shares will have their objectors who will not indirectly support them for whatever reason. So in the big scheme, your protest is virtually meaningless and if anyone is actually being punished it's you by yourself :(

Just enjoy the game in its essence. You'll be happier for it :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Last edited by Vaydra on May 13, 2020, 9:55:53 PM
>Weapon Effects
>Extra Gore Effect
wtf :D
"
Hellus666 wrote:
tl;dr is my THANKS for best arpg game ever made (sorry Diablo)

And here my last two packs are $500 alone.........

None taken, and thank you 1% for buying so much so the other 99% and ghymini don't have too. I love the ggg business model.
i was expecting photos for every name guys, i dont know every set by heart... i will have to search each one of them???
do u guys really think ppl will do that?
pliz edit the post with all the photos
I enjoy finding the right microtransactions for a build, for example I just kited out my FB Cyclone Impale Champion with the Dragon Armor and portal, though sans back attachment and it looks great IMO.

Things I don't like

-it felt like a long time for it to come back around in the sale rotation*
-no generic filter search on the website or in the client side mtx store
--you have to pick a category on the client to access the filter
-no search at all on the website other than cntrl+f
-no access to watchlist client side
-some are not available since they were supporter offerings (legion and crucible as some standouts)
-no option to buy points in quantities in excess of 200 without buying a supporter pack.
-no option to click on a player character you see and get a list of the mtx they have on (that I'm aware of).
-Not super clear about upgrade options. So now I own two sets of the Basilisk Armor.

*yeah I could burn the money, but who doesn't want to save a buck where possible

**not an uncommon practice with games like this, but still annoying for collector types that came to the game late.

I'd probably buy more if it weren't for some of these annoyances. But at the same time they are more annoyances than a major complaint.

PS is the Dark Seer helmet supposed to lose the yellow diamonds when you are in a map? because it does. Kind of wish I had the choice as it looks interesting that way.

It is pretty sweet when the art department nails a set / takes the time to make solid pieces compatible with other sets.

Last edited by cirerrek on May 13, 2020, 10:22:46 PM
Would be interesting to see a list for:

Rarest purchasable MTX
Rarest MTX overall(not alt arts)
(not least used but as in rarity to own)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info