Scorch, Brittle, and Sap do not change Elemental Hit area of effect

Elemental Hit has the line "80% more Area of Effect against enemies affected by an Ailment of the chosen Element". Scorch, Brittle, and Sap are Fire, Cold, and Lightning ailments respectively, but do not increase the area of Elemental Hit.

My reasoning: Scorch, Brittle, and Sap all mention that they're based on the Fire/Cold/Lightning damage of the hit in the reminder text. Ignite, Freeze, and Shock are described in the same way in reminder text. And since Scorch, Brittle, and Sap are all described as Elemental Ailments in the reminder text for anything to do with Elemental Ailments, I can only assume that they are ailments of the element they're based on, and should increase Elemental Hit's area.

Here is what the area looks like against an enemy affected by no ailments(this character has 65% increased area of effect and can only choose Lightning as its element as I figured that would be the easiest to see):

Here is what the area looks like against a Shocked enemy(noticeably larger):

And here is what the area looks like against a Sapped enemy(the same size as the normal one):

I'm only showing screenshots for Lightning/Sap here, but Scorch and Brittle have the same issue.

Now of course, it could be that this is just an oversight since Elemental Hit was released before Scorch, Brittle, and Sap, and the text on the gem was never updated to specify Ignite, Freeze, and Shock. But hopefully it will change to be that it does interact properly, since I think this is a cool interaction.
Last bumped on May 13, 2020, 6:23:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Definitely curious what the intended behavior is, here! I'd like to mess with some offmeta Elemental Hit + The Interrogation shenanigans, but if it straight doesn't work as written, there's not much point, haha.
I would assume it just not coded in the game for alt ailments

EH rework is in 3.3 , alt ailment release in 3.5
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Quote_a wrote:
Elemental Hit has the line "80% more Area of Effect against enemies affected by an Ailment of the chosen Element". Scorch, Brittle, and Sap are Fire, Cold, and Lightning ailments respectively, but do not increase the area of Elemental Hit.

My reasoning: Scorch, Brittle, and Sap all mention that they're based on the Fire/Cold/Lightning damage of the hit in the reminder text. Ignite, Freeze, and Shock are described in the same way in reminder text. And since Scorch, Brittle, and Sap are all described as Elemental Ailments in the reminder text for anything to do with Elemental Ailments, I can only assume that they are ailments of the element they're based on, and should increase Elemental Hit's area.

Here is what the area looks like against an enemy affected by no ailments(this character has 65% increased area of effect and can only choose Lightning as its element as I figured that would be the easiest to see):
Spoiler

Here is what the area looks like against a Shocked enemy(noticeably larger):
Spoiler

And here is what the area looks like against a Sapped enemy(the same size as the normal one):
Spoiler

I'm only showing screenshots for Lightning/Sap here, but Scorch and Brittle have the same issue.

Now of course, it could be that this is just an oversight since Elemental Hit was released before Scorch, Brittle, and Sap, and the text on the gem was never updated to specify Ignite, Freeze, and Shock. But hopefully it will change to be that it does interact properly, since I think this is a cool interaction.

Thanks for your report, we'll look into this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info