TEMPLAR TANK/MAGE HELP?!

Hey I made this Templar build using the planner and I was going for a Templar that is a Tank/Mage. I was wandering if a couple of you could have a look and maybe improve it slightly? I have started playing it, got to level 18 so far and it seems fairly ok but you can't really tell at this level. (Using a wand.) I'm also going for things like crit strike/chance, elemental resist/damage, and then a bit into life/Armour/energy shield.

Build Link:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0QfxHbFE0WbxmFGjgabCSqKU8y0TN2Nuk8BUNjRUdG103YVcZY9V3GYG1irGZPZp5xTXyDfVOBSYFvgpuDOIuMjHaOZI9GkFWSOJrPnYCdrp3Enjyf36FtogCnCKeEsji1BLaGtvq3MbiTxp7N-s9l0NDWnd0F3fPhc-Nq5CLpc-w47SDvfPAf96b60v3P

Stats for the build:

+92 to Strength
+24 to Dexterity
+192 to Intelligence
+136 to maximum Mana
+126 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
41% increased Elemental Damage
+36% to all Elemental Resistances
20% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
16% increased maximum Mana
6% increased Cast Speed
10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
30% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
55% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
154% increased maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per Second
104% increased Armour
104% increased maximum Energy Shield
+15% to Lightning Resistance
+15% to Fire Resistance
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
25% chance to Avoid Interruption while Casting
60% increased Critical Strike Chance
10% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
+8% to Chaos Resistance
+38.4% Energy Shield
+18.4% increased Melee Physical Damage
+48 Accuracy Rating
4.8% increased Evasion Rating
IGN: SelocYnnad
Last edited by DannyColes on Mar 23, 2013, 9:20:28 PM
Bumping as I need help!
heeeeelllllpppp
Link the actual build. Nobody's going to click a link that doesn't start with "www.pathofexile.com"
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
Link the actual build. Nobody's going to click a link that doesn't start with "www.pathofexile.com"

Good point, but it's a bit of a long link. I'll change it anyways.
Last edited by DannyColes on Mar 23, 2013, 9:20:51 PM
"
DannyColes wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

You can use the url bb code

url=thisisalink

In brackets, and /url at the end in brackets. When yo udo that you can fill in between those two spots wit ha name

Like This

Edit: What are you using for skills?
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Mar 23, 2013, 9:43:34 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
DannyColes wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

You can use the url bb code

url=thisisalink

In brackets, and /url at the end in brackets. When yo udo that you can fill in between those two spots wit ha name

Like This

Edit: What are you using for skills?

Ok thanks :)

Not sure what I'm going to be using yet, probably Lightening Strike, Freeze Pulse primarily. Supporting them with things like crit multiplier and greater projectiles on Freeze Pulse. Not sure about any others, I would like to go with some Auras too.
bermp
going for crit chance with nodes may not be as efficient as just getting damage nodes. you need a good number of crit nodes to make it worthwhile and hit often enough, though with the same amount of nodes you can gain increased damage consistently every time.

getting lots of ES may not be as worth if you're going for a tanky upfront build but without the ES cooldown passives, since you'll get hit a lot if you dont have meatshields like minions or totems to absorb hits, so its much easier to just get HP increases.

here is a rough build for a lightning tanky templar with wand attacks

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQQHBLMFLQVbBjkIsRLhFCAUTRZAGS4aMhpVHRQfAiftKMUpLilPLKctHy3SMgkyiTbFNug26TrYP_xAoEbXTDVMs03YT31QMFBHUWBUSVXGVw1X4lnzWitdxl4TXz9gbWEhZKNmnmebZ71wfXTtdhF35XjOecB-r4BWgpuDOITvhX2HKYuMjHaNGY9GkFWRzpuhnYCezZ8-oLSiAKLqpzCplayqrK-53cAaw4bFKM9l0NDSIdMb1I_ZYdsC217djN3z4BLhc-Nq51Lnkehm6XPsOO0g7m_u2e8O707yL_MG877z3frS-6o=

he'd be using power siphon as a main attack on the wand, and tempest shield since he'll have a high block rate. he'll also be using enduring cry to gain up to 6 endurance charges that'll give 30% ele resist on top of the 55% ele resist for all and an additional 15% resist for lightning. he can even use discharge since he can have up to 6 endurance charges and 5 power charges. all his spell skill gems would also be connected to the iron will support gem since he has high strength. he would also be casting totems that use either arc or spark.

here is another variant of the above build, only focusing on magic casting and not wand attacks.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0FWwY5EuEUIBRNGS4aMho4GlUdFB8CJ-0oxSkuKU8snCynLR8t0jbFNug26TrYRKtG10w1TdhPfVBHUWBUSVWuVcZXDVnzWitdxl4TXz9gS2BtYSFko2aeZ5tnvXB9dO12EXnAeu99U36vgFaCm4M4hO-LjIx2jRmPRo-mkFWRzpuhnYCezZ8-oLSiAKLqpwinMKeEqZWsqqyvtoa53cAawbTDhsy3z2XQ0NIh1I_Vddgk2V_ZYd2M3fPgEuFz42rk7OZM51Lnkelz7DjtIO5v7tnvDvIv8s7zBvO-89360vuq

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info